Celebi @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch

I decided to build a team around celebi as it can pass a sd boost, or a weakness policy boost (maybe both) to a wide range of mons to sweep. Sucker Punch and Seed Bomb in case for some reason I can't baton pass. With a boost seed bomb hits hard, and sucker punch is an unexpected move that can get some damage off before dying. Max defense to take knock off's and u-turn's.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Sharpedo can cover most of celebi's weaknesses pretty well, but with its low defenses that doesn't matter much. The main reason I picked sharpedo, is because it is a huge threat in UU, and with the ability speed boost before mega evolving, it would appreciate an SD or Weakness Policy boost greatly. With strong jaw and STAB crunch it rips through most teams.

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Yanmega, another dangerous pokemon with speed boost, appreciates the special attack part of celebi's weakness policy. Even without celebi when equipped with a life orb, it's a great lategame cleaner. Yanmega also provides a much needed bug resist.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Empoleon provides a rock resist as well as a ton of others, but most importantly it gets rid of rocks for yanmega. Stealth rocks are there in case I get the chance to set them up, and max special defense to have something to take hits for celebi.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Extrasensory
- Volt Switch

Raikou provides a decent wallbreaker as well as a backup option if the baton passing fails. Provides a much needed resistance to electric attacks. Standard set with volt switch tbolt.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

To be completely honest, I didn't know what to put for my last slot. Chandelure gives me a fighting immunity which is helpful for this team, and of course scarfers are always nice. I'm not running timid as I feel the extra boost in power is needed.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to use this team if you think it's actually good!

Hey dude, welcome to smogon! Fun looking team, just have a few suggestions for you:
  • Swap items with Raikou and Chandy. I think that Chandelure has really good synergy with the rest of your team, but it's just holding the wrong item. Since your scarfer is Chandelure, your team is made incredibly weak to Mega Aerodactyl and Scarf Mienshao since Chandy gets outsped by both, so by giving Raikou the scarf you outspeed the two afformentioned threats as well as all relevant scarfers and the faster megas like Beedrill and Zam. Specs Chandy is a great wall breaker and user of trick so I think that this change will help quite a bit versus more offensive teams.
  • HP Ice over Grass on Raikou. I'm looking at your team and there's a pretty big Zygarde weakness, with the only thing that can do damage to it being Ice Fang from Sharpedo, so having an extra mon on your team able to hit it super effectively will help you a lot. The only relevant thing that HP Grass really hits anyways is Swampert and you have Celebi to deal with it.
  • An option to consider is Recover over Sucker Punch on Celebi so that you can have some longevity and more reliably beat Suicune. Sure the priority is nice to have, but with a more defensively oriented spread Recover seems like a more optimal option. I'm kind of on the fence about your Celebi spread too, but I don't have too much experience with weakness passing; maybe someone else can comment on that.
Hope I helped :]

Hey dude, welcome to smogon! Fun looking team, just have a few suggestions for you:
  • Swap items with Raikou and Chandy. I think that Chandelure has really good synergy with the rest of your team, but it's just holding the wrong item. Since your scarfer is Chandelure, your team is made incredibly weak to Mega Aerodactyl and Scarf Mienshao since Chandy gets outsped by both, so by giving Raikou the scarf you outspeed the two afformentioned threats as well as all relevant scarfers and the faster megas like Beedrill and Zam. Specs Chandy is a great wall breaker and user of trick so I think that this change will help quite a bit versus more offensive teams.
  • HP Ice over Grass on Raikou. I'm looking at your team and there's a pretty big Zygarde weakness, with the only thing that can do damage to it being Ice Fang from Sharpedo, so having an extra mon on your team able to hit it super effectively will help you a lot. The only relevant thing that HP Grass really hits anyways is Swampert and you have Celebi to deal with it.
  • An option to consider is Recover over Sucker Punch on Celebi so that you can have some longevity and more reliably beat Suicune. Sure the priority is nice to have, but with a more defensively oriented spread Recover seems like a more optimal option. I'm kind of on the fence about your Celebi spread too, but I don't have too much experience with weakness passing; maybe someone else can comment on that.
Hope I helped :]
You helped a lot thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)