UU Simple Questions Thread

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi I don't do UU a lot in gen 6 but im wondering how viable is crobat with nasty plot compared to choice band
The most common set is the support set but CB and Sky Plate are also very viable. Nastt Plot is a very bad set, which is a shame

How can I reliably check Gatr without using Tangrowth/resorting to stuff like Poliwrath? I know Tangrowth is nice and all but I am sick of putting it on every team just to check Gatr. If anyone else has discovered some new options it'd be nice :]

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How can I reliably check Gatr without using Tangrowth/resorting to stuff like Poliwrath? I know Tangrowth is nice and all but I am sick of putting it on every team just to check Gatr. If anyone else has discovered some new options it'd be nice :]
Well regarding checking Gatr you could run multiple things that deal with different variants, for example having Suicune for DD variants and Shaymin for SubSD variants etc. That's one of the more effective ways I've seen of dealing with Gatr, although it depends on the archetype really.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah in addition to what Kreme said, Pokemon that resist/are immune to Water in general make good checks. Faster stuff can check SD while slower bulkier resists can be used for DD eg. Heliolisk and Rotom-C for SD versions and bulky stuff like Grass Knot Empoleon and Seismitoad for DD.

Are any ghost types viable in UU as of now that aren't part fire? I've been wanting to put a ghost type on a defensive team, and chandelure doesn't exactly bring much to the table defensively. Any suggestions?

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Are any ghost types viable in UU as of now that aren't part fire? I've been wanting to put a ghost type on a defensive team, and chandelure doesn't exactly bring much to the table defensively. Any suggestions?
Your best bet may be Jellicent or Doublade in that case. Jellicent is a cool bulky utility mon and Doublade is a cool bulky ghost that can actually deal good amounts of damage

When to use Modest or Timid Pidgeot?
Also, if using Gatr on a more HO/offensive team, SD or DD would be preferred? My other teammates are pretty good at dismantling stall but probably are not dedicated stallbreakers...thoughts?

LilOu

PO poopyhead
When to use Modest or Timid Pidgeot?
Also, if using Gatr on a more HO/offensive team, SD or DD would be preferred? My other teammates are pretty good at dismantling stall but probably are not dedicated stallbreakers...thoughts?
Well, you should never be using Modest Pidgeot as its speed stat is way too good to exchange it for a little bit more power.

Regarding the Gatr thing, DD is better vs. offensive teams while SD destroys stall, so if you say that you already do good vs. defensive teams with your other mons, then I'd go with DD or even Agility, as it lets you outspeed Scarf Shao and Mega Aero, something not able at +1. It's a matter of testing, though.

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
I have a question.

Why are the Pokémon that are considered "crapmons" (Scrafty, Trevenant, Milotic) so bad in UU? I don't really like using them either, but what is all the fuss?

Ununhexium

I have a question.

Why are the Pokémon that are considered "crapmons" (Scrafty, Trevenant, Milotic) so bad in UU? I don't really like using them either, but what is all the fuss?
Scrafty is slow and weak and needs multiple boosts to deal much damage and isn't helped by Fairy-types. Trevenant just doesn't really do much and loses to a lot of common Pokemon such as Aerodactyl, Crobat, Krookidile, and Entei. Milotic is okay but its mostly outclassed by Suicune.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Why is Heliolisk a beast all of a sudden? What did ORAS bless it with?

Should I make my UU return and reclaim my status as the Best UU player on Smogon?

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why is Heliolisk a beast all of a sudden? What did ORAS bless it with?

Should I make my UU return and reclaim my status as the Best UU player on Smogon?
Basically Raikou leaving meant Heliolisk got a lot off its shoulders since it was heavily outclassed. It has amazing coverage options such as Surf and Grass Knot and a good secondary STAB in Hyper Voice as well as a Water immunity making it an amazing Water check.

So, as we know, Using Galv is kind of a dying breed. But, could a surprise choice specs set work instead of using the suicide lead set? He gets two useful stab types and two usable moves in bug buzz and thunder. Not only this, but he has access to giga drain/energy ball which is handy. Then, instead of sticky web, there could be a filler move (probably volt switch). I know this sounds like an inferior Heliolisk and all, but I think it could work. I did the calcs and galvs thunder (keeping in mind he has compoundeyes) and it does more damage than heliolisks thunderbolt. So I'd like to here what you guys think, because I think Galv actually looks pretty useful.

So, as we know, Using Galv is kind of a dying breed. But, could a surprise choice specs set work instead of using the suicide lead set? He gets two useful stab types and two usable moves in bug buzz and thunder. Not only this, but he has access to giga drain/energy ball which is handy. Then, instead of sticky web, there could be a filler move (probably volt switch). I know this sounds like an inferior Heliolisk and all, but I think it could work. I did the calcs and galvs thunder (keeping in mind he has compoundeyes) and it does more damage than heliolisks thunderbolt. So I'd like to here what you guys think, because I think Galv actually looks pretty useful.
I really don't see why you would ever use it over Heliolisk, Scarfed Rotom-Mow, Jolteon (don't use this), or even Specs Yanmega (if you ignore electric and look at their similar bug/grass coverage). It might work in theory, but I doubt the extra power in Thunder really makes up for Galvantula's frailty. It might work, but there are better options. Try it out and post replays. I'm honestly surprised Galvantula is still UU considering how mediocre Sticky Web is.

Ununhexium

Suicide lead Galvantula is kinda bad too. Usually people use a Life Orb set with Sticky Web as a sort of bonus move to help out slower wallbreakers even if they don't inherently need it to function.

Reactions: nv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)