UU Suspect Test Round 1 Voter Identification and Suspect Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The always-fun first round of UU Suspect Testing is over and now it's time for some good old suspect nomination and voter identification. There were a solid 35 accounts over 1350. If you're one of those accounts according to this screenshot, please identify in this thread. Also feel free to nominate suspects in this thread regardless of whether or not you made the requirements. Follow the same guidelines as OU please (explain your nominations as best you can). Users between 1350 and 1400 take note of what Pokemon are receiving a good number of nominations and pre-write your sentences if you can. It'd be nice to expedite that process a bit if we can. (for reference)

I'm also accepting special applications from those who missed the cutoff but still believe they deserve to vote. Please PM these to myself and LonelyNess. I don't expect to accept many of these at all, but I'm sure there are some legitimate extenuating circumstances in a few cases. All voters accepted through special applications will be required to send in the "1350 sentences." Here are the guidelines:

1. What was your highest ranked account, and what was its rating on Tuesday, May 24th at 12:00 am EST?

2. Why do you believe you should be given voting rights, even though you did not meet the requirements?
Guidelines for nominating, ripped from the OU thread (modified a tad)

1. We are allowing people to nominate abilities for a ban vote. If you nominate an ability, keep in mind that it will be banned on all Pokemon who get it. If a Pokemon only has one ability and that ability gets banned, said Pokemon will also effectively be banned (at least, until its secondary ability is released in Dream World).
  2. You may not nominate an ability + Pokemon combo, OR an item + Pokemon combo.
  3. You are not required to cater your nomination to any of the three 4th gen characteristics of an Uber/BL. All we are looking for in these nominations are sound logic and nomination popularity.
  4. There is no minimum length per nomination; if you get your thoughts across, and you show good reasoning, that's all we need to see.
This is not a debate thread. I do not want to see a single post that does not contain an identification and/or a suspect nomination.

This stage will last approximately 5 days, ending May 28th at 11:59 pm EST. Happy nominating!

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
all business

folgorio> i bet 20$ ill post
<folgorio> before you
<folgorio> challengers???
<yondie> hmm
<yondie> challenge
<yondie> accept
i beat folg 20$$$4$$$$$ plz

ps im 1-0 vs folg

he never beat me

gg

Drought - retarded. send in vulpix and spam fire/grass moves to victory. 'lol worthy' boosts to many pokemon to broken levels and just overpowers the metagame.

Kyruem - 660 BST says it all imo. Its just a joke that its in UU. Not many pokemon handle it. Basically Chansey and thats it. To powerful and a good enough movepool to run many good sets in UU that overpower the metagame.

Victini - V-Create is what pushes it over the edge. 180 BP before any additional boosts is unreal. 100 base speed and natural bulk make it to fucking good. Versatile and overpowered.

Chansey - With the advent of Eviolite Chansey is just too good. Just to give an exmaple CB flygon outrage does like 48-52 % to this monster. Anything without CB Fighting type attacks is pretty much getting shit slammed by chanseys girth. Banning pokemon for defensive characteristic is uncommon but I think chansey. is worse than cresselia was because it has good typing reliable recovery and can actually do shit back.

Baton pass - baton pass makes so many pokemon broken. Smeargle huntail gorebyss mew are all broken Because of the move.if we ban it the smash pass problem is solved and all of there non bl ppkemon can stay. We can alsoprevent a complex ban which are bad for teiring imo.

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Latias - meeeeeeeee

p.s the difference between my rating and yondie's is the number of times i 6-0d him (16 times)

edit with noms:

kyurem: It is uncounterable barring Chansey, as Registeel Empoleon and co are 2HKOed by Focus Blast; and even chansey struggles against bulky sets.

Victini: has extremely few 'counters' (or checks really) being able to 2hko and ohko most of the metagame with just its stab moves (most notably the stab 180bp vcreate). Not only this but it also has an easy time disposing of many would be counters (rhyperior for example) with different moves thanks to its huge movepool and ability to use special attacks with its strong spA stat. also excellent 100/100/100 defenses and 100 speed.

baton pass+shell smash: very very difficult to prepare for and even harder to stop once it gets going. phazers are somewhat harder to come by in UU (not to mention the noticeable lack of hard hitters) and with espeon getting magic bounce+baton pass legally extremely soon, this will become even harder to manage. +2/+2/+2 in offensive stats is unreal too, making it nearly impossible to stop the right pokemon with the boosts.

chansey: 'walls a significant portion of the metagame' is a pretty big understatement when talkin about chansey... thanks to eviolite it gets absolutely amazing defenses and is able to take both physical and special hits extremely well now. thanks to natural cure it cant (usually) be dealt with by status either, which makes taking chansey down inmensely difficult.

drought: giving sun sweepers unlimited sun basically renders most of them overpowered as they dont really need to do anything but spam grass and fire moves to outright beat most 'would be' counters. thanks to the +2 speed most get in sun, they are extremely difficult to revenge. in addition to this they also have a ton of support moves including (but def not limited to) growth and sleep powder. drought basically gives many sweepers too much support

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
f off fer

nom:

shell smash+baton pass - require no skill and very easy to set up for most pokes who have it.. and uh.. this is probably one of the easiest supports to do with white herb and can easily support another teammate to sweep.
drought - self explanatory.. it supports like so many offensive pokemon under the sun.. just nuke the group of sweepers and ban drought. this is the ability that causes the most turmoil and controversy.. ban chlorophyll sweepers + sleep powder? or kyurem? etc.. just get rid of the support and it will flesh out who's really broken without it.
kyurem - high defense, good resistances (given plenty time to switch in) 130/130 offensive stats, excellent coverage. very little can take its hits. double switching with this guy is probably the easiest thing to do and you get such high momentum when its brought out. easy pokemon to use.. spam and select a move accordingly..

Confirming as pttp balla at 1400. (and -wilson46 at 1375)

Nominations:

Snow Warning: In my opinion, is very overpowered in UU. The primary hail setter itself, Abomasnow, is actually useful in that it can fill specific roles on the team, such as a bulky SubSeeder, or an Offensive variant. Leech Seed added with the hail negating any leftovers recovery can prove to be very deadly in play. Hail also activates abilities such as Snow Cloak, helping pokemon such as Froslass and Mamoswine immensely (Froslass with Substitute / Thunder Wave set, and it can just Spike on you in the process, and missing a move on Mamoswine can prove fatal as its massive attacks and strong STABs will hurt). Other ice types such as Weavile, and Kyurem benefit too as they do not take residual damage from hail, while their common checks or counters do, with walls getting their leftovers taken away and getting worn down much easier. Speaking of Kyurem, that thing is a monster in hail, firing off 180 BP Blizzards, which easily wears down walls. BlizzSpam is also a problem, as most teams just can't handle and / or don't have the resistances to handle the power of constant Blizzards coupled with dealing with the other attacks the team has. I think I rambled on here too much, but my point is that Hail is too powerful for the metagame.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Confirming as barf muffins.

Nominations:

Kyurem: Incredible offensive stats, high bulk and respectable speed make Kyurem into the strongest standalone offensive pokemon. Specs varients hit everything bar Chansey extremely hard. It can also run a potent Sub + Hone claw set thats incredibly difficult to take down, especially with Toxic Spikes support/Hail.

Shell Smash + Baton Pass: This strategy is too strong for UU. With Dual Screen support, Gorebyss/Huntail/Smeargle can easily set up a sweeper with +2/+2+/+2 offensive boosts which lead to many easy, skill-less wins. While there are a couple of phazers in UU, not many of them can handle +2 Surfs/Waterfalls from Gorebyss and Huntail. Smeargle can even bypass phasing with taunt and has ample to set up with Spore. Also like Folgorio said, DW Eevee will be released soon, meaning Magic Mirror Espeon now has access to Baton Pass giving Baton Pass teams an immunity to phazing.

Chansey: She can effortlessly wall most of the metagame thanks to evolite. The ease at which she can wall special attackers is ridiculous and even physical attackers have trouble taking her down. That incredible bulk also allows her to easily support the rest of the team with Wishes/Heal Bell/etc. Natural cure makes her pseudo immune to status, meaning toxic/sleep/burn won't less cripple her walling ability as she can easily switch out. She's almost impossible to take down with the right team support and when used correctly.

Drought: Drought gives to much support to Fire-types and Chlorophyll users. Fire-types get an additional power boost and have their water weakness weakened while Chlorophyll sweepers receive massive speed boost. Charizard in particular so ridiculously powerful in the sun, absolutely nothing can counter it. In fact it even has the ability the to 2HKO Chansey with Fire Blast which is quite the feat. Chlorophyll sweepers are extremely hard to check because of their ability to outspace the entire metagame. Most of them also carry boosting moves (Growth users gain +2 Atk / +2 SpA in the sun) and can easily sweep entire teams if set up.

Victini: I was reluctant on nominating Victini at first because I thought it deserved a chance to be tested without sun, but I realized that its ridiculous even without sun support. V-create is ridiculously powerful and it can annihilate pretty much anything that doesn't resist it. Unfortunately, many of the pokemon that can take V-create, (Dusclops, Deoxys-D, etc) are either too slow or too weak to anything to Victini and are thus swiftly 2HKOed. Victini doesn't even have any concrete counters in UU because of its staggering power and wide movepool. Strong coverage moves like Thunderbolt and Grass Knot can take out would be counters like Slowbro / Milotic / Rhyperior/etc.

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
windong at 1409

don't make typos when choosing your username or at least notice those typos sooner

Nominations

Kyurem
Victini
Mew
Staraptor

Gonna edit post with stuff about them later

I fucking suck at ladder, but I'll just leave some nominations here.

Victini: 180 Base Power attack plus STAB, 100 Base Attack and Choice Band can leave gigantic holes in a large majority of the viable Pokemon in the metagame, especially with Drought support. Everything that can take V-create won't like the other moves in Victini's physical movepool, such as Fusion Bolt, U-turn, Zen Headbutt and Brick Break, or will fall to one of the various special moves in Victini's arsenal, including Psychic and Grass Knot. Coupled with excellent 100/100/100 base defenses, and you've got a tough Pokemon to deal with.

Kyurem: Base 130 offenses lets Kyurem smash through a great amount of Pokemon. Choice Specs boosted Blizzards and Draco Meteors are very hard to block, especially with support from entry hazards and hail damage. Focus Blast and/or Hidden Power Fire are adequate enough to take care of bulky Steel-types. 125/90/90 defenses and some neat resistances give Kyurem plenty of opportunities to switch in and wreck havoc, as well as run a Substitute+Hone Claws set which turns every wall that can't hit Kyurem hard enough into set-up bait.

Drought: Supports an incredible amount of Pokemon, from Chlorophyll sweepers to Fire types, making them incredibly fast and hard-hitting sweepers.

Snow Warning: Blizzard spam is a powerful offensive tool on a stall-based team, wrecking even Pokemon that resist it due to the amount of residual damage that comes from entry hazards and the hail itself. Activating Snow Cloak is also a big deal with hail, making Mamoswine harder to take out and giving Froslass the chance to set up more Spikes, heal or generally be a nuisance.

Confirming as Jubilee.

Nominations:
Mew - 100 base stats all around giving it incredible bulk and its gargantuan movepool makes it one of the most unpredictable Pokemon in the game, most notably its fantastic support movepool consisting of moves like Stealth Rock, Taunt, Roost, WoW, Toxic, Thunder-Wave, Heal Bell, and Baton Pass (It's able to pass Swords Dance, Rock Polish, Nasty Plot, and Calm Mind). Its stallbreaking set of Taunt/WoW/Roost makes it incredibly hard to take down.
Victini - 180 BP STAB attack in V-Create allows it to deal heavy damage to pretty much the whole tier and great 100 base stats all around. V-Create is mostly the only reason it's broken, it just has an insane damage output (not to mention when it's backed up by sun support and or Choice Band). It also has access to Fusion Bolt/Thunder/Grass Knot (and the ability to go mixed) to hit Water-types and Rock-types that that resist V-Create.
Kyurem - Base 130 offenses, high powered STAB moves in Draco Meteor, Outrage, and Blizzard that it can easily spam, massive HP stat (needs only 52 HP EVs to make 101 Substitutes), and above average defenses make him a huge threat. Very few Pokemon besides Chansey can take a Choice Specs Draco Meteor. It also has Focus Blast to deal with Steel-types that resist his STAB attacks.
Drought - Its support pushes way to many Fire-type and Grass-type Chlorophyll using Pokemon over the edge. Solar Power Charizard easily OHKOes the whole tier besides Chansey and bulky Water-types (however, he has Solar Beam to deal with Water-types) and Victini is already broken enough with V-Create without sun support and boosts V-Create's damage to absurd levels. Many Chlorophyll users have access to Sleep Powder (making any would-be counter useless), boosting moves, and all have 120 BP no-charge-up Solar Beams. Tangrowth and Victreebel have Growth to boost both their Attack and SpAtk by 2 and Lilligant has Quiver Dance to boost its SpAtk, SpD, and Speed by 1 making all three of them terrifying sweepers under the sun. While almost nothing can outspeed and revenge kill any of them thanks to the +2 Speed boost from Chlorophyll.

Nominations:

Vicini
An incredible movepool, 100 base stats, and a move with the highest BP in the game (excluding Self destruct and explosion), Vicini is far too good for UU. I feel the only reason this thing slipped through the cracks was the late release of V-Create. In the sun, this thing gets even more ridiculous and can OHKO/2HKO just about anything not named slowbro or flash fired with V-Create. Its special move pool is also incredibly enough to go mixed.

Kyugem
Ignoring base stats, this thing fire D-meteors and latios power level. The lack of good steels in the meta allow this thing to just wreck. On defense, this thing has one of the bulkies 101 hp subs in the UU metagame, and can still do major damage. Only reason this thing is in UU is for the superior dragons in OU.

Chansey
The fact that this thing walls all unboosted (and most boosted) special attacks is not my issue. The fact that this 5 base defense weakling can take physical hits including several stabbed super effective attacks is the reason I want him gone. Neither Heracross nor Coballion can successfully OHKO chansey. That is not to say chansey is invincible, but evolite pushed her to a level that I believe is too great for this format.

I would rather not see drought banned this round. As much as I feel chlorphil is probably too strong, I want to see with Vicini gone (when I was in the top 10, a poke I saw on every sunny day team) will fare without the hardest hitter.

Nominations:

Staraptor

With the ability Reckless and a Choice Band, there are few Pokemon in the tier that can switch in without being 2HKO'd by one of its moves in the ABSENCE of entry hazards.

Some calculations that show how some Pokemon with very heavy investment in defenses take the attack that does the most damage to them from a Banded Jolly Staraptor:

252 HP/252 DEF Impish Metang with Eviolite takes 28.78%-32.72% from Close Combat. A 4HKO, but with 75 base Attack, Metang leaves a lot to be desired.

252 HP/252 DEF Impish Bronzor with Eviolite takes 30.82%-36.48%, which is either a 3HKO or 4HKO, but Bronzor is horrible and no slot should be wasted on it.

252 HP/252 DEF Impish Rhyperior takes 38.25%-45.16% from a Close Combat, making it 3HKO'd or 4HKO'd with leftovers in very rare circumstances that should never happen as it is extremely unlikely for the Staraptor user to go for that many Close Combats in a row with so many low damage rolls.

252 HP/252 DEF Impish Rhydon with Eviolite takes 38.16%-44.93%, which is a 3HKO. There is little reason to use Rhydon over Rhyperior.

252 HP/252 DEF Impish Regirock, takes 43.96%-52.20%, which is always a 3HKO with leftovers.

252 HP/252 DEF Impish Steelix takes 45.20%-53.67% from Close Combat, which results in either a 2HKO even after accounting for leftovers, or usually a 3HKO with leftovers.

252 HP/252 DEF Bold Cresselia takes 47.52%-56.31% from Brave Bird or Double Edge, which results in a 2HKO following consecutive high damage rolls, or usually a 3HKO with leftovers.

Staraptor is presently extremely effective in UU, like it had been during DPP, and resulted in it being banned from the tier.

Growth

Under the sun, one Growth is equal to a Swords Dance and a Nasty Plot, which can make its users very powerful on both sides of the attacking spectrum. If a Growth user switches in safely into something that cannot do much back to it, it can use Growth, potentially put something to sleep, and nab another Growth, effectively having +4 attack and special attack. By banning Growth, the damage output from mixed attackers like Victreebel and Tangrowth significantly decreases, and this also weakens many Grass type special attackers, making it much easier to play against Sun teams. A ban on Growth may prevent the end of an entire playstyle, and it does not affect other playstyles as the move is not used outside of Sun teams.

Mew

Mew has one of the highest stat totals in UU, with a great stat spread that allows it to be an effective offensive and defensive presence. It's huge movepool makes it very difficult to deal with, and with Taunt, it allows it to be a very effective baton passer, with many different boosting moves to choose from. Among the many Baton passers available, I believe that Mew is the only one that may be too good at what it does.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like to nominate Snow Warning. Auto-Hail is overwhelmingly powerful in UU, where there are a surplus of Pokemon that can abuse Blizzard, Snow Cloak, Ice Body or two of the three. Kyurem is the biggest problem in Hail, but Froslass is not far behind. None of the UU Steels have reliable recovery, especially considering the change of Sleep mechanics that effectively nerfed RestTalk users; this makes "BlizzSpam" extremely difficult to handle.

I would also like to nominate Drought. Permanent Sun makes a number of sweepers overwhelmingly powerful, notably Sawsbuck and Victreebel. In fact, the team building differences between OU and UU mean that it possible to build a completely balanced Sun team in UU without having any glaring weaknesses. Snow Warning is almost literally the only reason not to use Drought in UU at the moment.

I would like to nominate Chansey. Holding Eviolite, Chansey is excessively difficult to kill, especially in the context of a stall or semi-stall team. Eviolite makes Chansey so physically bulky that it is next to impossible to kill even by the traditional means of Pursuit and Choice Band Adamant Dugtrio. The change in Beat Up mechanics only makes the situation worse.

I would like to nominate Wobbuffet. Maximum speed Wobbuffet outspeeds virtually all of UU's slower defensive Pokemon, which is significant because of the Tickle/Encore combination paired with a Pursuit user. This strategy allows the Wobbuffet user to remove virtually all defensive Pokemon on the opponent's team while taking very little damage. This support almost totally destroys defensive and balanced teams, which in UU is nearly all teams other than Drought teams.

I would like to nominate Snorlax. With a single Curse, the list of Pokemon that can KO Snorlax even with Close Combat without dying in return is exceedingly short. Snorlax can actually set up on nearly every specially based Pokemon in the entire metagame, and once it gets a Curse in is nearly as difficult to kill as Chansey. A simple set of Curse/Rest/Body Slam/Fire Punch covers virtually the entire metagame adequately.

I would like to nominate Gorebyss, Huntail, and Smeargle. Baton Passing Shell Smash is unusually difficult to stop in UU, and there are no lack of recipients that can essentially end the game by receiving a SmashPass. It is worth noting that many of the solutions that are usually employed against dedicated Baton Pass teams don't work against isolated Baton Passers, especially when the Passer has two attacks rather than one.

For those wondering about the absense of Kyurem and Victini, I'd like to see them for another round without Hail and Sun.

Confirming as One Hit Wonder, too lazy to get my rating back over 1400 after decay so I'll just send in sentences.

Staraptor: Reckless, high speed, and near-unresisted coverage break this pokemon. Adamant choice scarf Staraptor outspeeds and 2HKOs almost the entire meta. 252/252+ Slowbro takes 41.9% - 49.5% from a Brave Bird or Double-Edge, which will almost always be a 2HKO after rocks. Keep in mind that Slowbro is one of the most physically bulky pokemon in the metagame, and Staraptor 2HKOs with an unboosted neutral hit. Many offensive pokemon, such as 4/0 Zapdos and Heracross, are OHKOed by Double-Edge after rocks. Rock and Steel types aren't safe switch-ins either, as Staraptor has access to Close Combat. Extremely specialized checks are needed to reliably deal with Staraptor, almost all of which are not viable outside of checking Staraptor. The damage output and the speed are ridiculously easy to abuse, and if Staraptor isnt commonly recognized as broken at the moment, I can guarantee it will be by the end of the next round.

Might post more nominations later

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Confirming as choutoshio

edit: Ok, I'll bite. I'm going to nominate Deoxys-D for BL. Nothing has impressed me with Deoxys like realizing my Kyurem and Victini couldn't break through it. WTF? If you're going to break Deo-D, you've got to have a pretty f'ing powerful super effective attack, or be a set up sweeper. While both of these certainly exist aplenty in UU, set up sweepers are not always a good answer, and its easy enough to dodge around a bug or dark attack. I hate having to be forced to use a set up sweeper in order to beat wall x, because odds are, said set up sweeper is beat and forced out by counter y. This wouldn't be an issue, if not for the fact that being forced out means it's very likely my set up would become worthless, while his Spikes continue to kick my ass. It doesn't matter if my CM Combalion cat set up all day on Deo-D if he's just going to switch in a Nidoqueen and force me out. At the end of the day, he'll have his spikes and I'll get jack. Deo-D sets up Spikes much more easily in UU than Ferro does in OU, and it's got the recovery move and fast taunt to back it up. Not to mention that the best spinners in UU have major issus with the better ghosts of UU.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SJCrew and Salzadora reporting for duty. You already know.

Nominations:

Victini is the single most dangerous Pokemon in the tier. Sun or not, I saw Victini on well over 50% of the ladder matches I've played this round, and it's safe to say there's absolutely no way to counter it. It goes without saying how dangerous it is when the weather is in its favor, but the simple fact that it's stupidly effective even in clear Skies with V-create taking well over 50% even from Pokemon who resist it tells us it doesn't belong in the tier.

At first, it looked as though nothing was going to handle a simple Choice Band set, as the formula went as follows: V-create and watch something die, or U-turn until the V-create checks die, then go right back to Step 1. People began to adapt to V-create spam with miscellaneous Rock and bulky Water types with high defense, and thus, the mixed attacking set was born. I've seen the odd couple of other players used mixed offensive sets without revealing their item, but even if you went straight up LO, Thunder, Grass Knot, and Psychic are all it really needs to screw over absolutely every switch-in it encounters. And when Chansey starts to feel it can come in? Click V-create and drop it like it's hot. Have fun in BL, little buddy.

Kyurem - The completely and utterly broken God of Hail. Choice Specs is countered by nothing but Chansey. Sub-Sharpen is countered by nothing. Mixed LO is countered by nothing. Kyurem is a Pokemon that becomes easier to handle when you can figure out its set and make the right switch-ins, since it doesn't have as wide a movepool or as much versatilty as Victini, but the only attacks it really needs to go to town on UU are Ice Beam, Draco Meteor and Focus Blast. And at base 130/130 offenses and 125/90/90 defenses, it's hitting as hard as both Latios and Garchomp all in one Pokemon with about as much survivability.

Empoleon and Escavalier, seen on a shockingly high number of teams this round, are the only Steel types with enough Special Defense to temporarily weather its assaults, but all it takes is one bad switch-in on Focus Blast to keep them at bay. A tier without Kyurem is a tier we can all look forward to playing in.

Drought - At first I wanted to nominate Charizard for being so blatantly broken under Sun, it was almost laughable. But that doesn't stop another Fire type from taking his place, since Arcanine could just as easily come in without its 4x weakness to Rock, recovery, additional priority, and souped up Flare Blitz, making things just as hard for balanced teams to survive.

Then we get to the second half of Drought: Chorophyll sweepers. I'm going to go out on a limb and say not one of these Pokemon are insurmountable by their lonesome. The issue we're facing here is how well they work in tandem with their sweeping partners to demolish any team that doesn't go full on anti-Sun. It can be done; a balanced team without an opposing weather can fight against a Sun team. But it's always an uphill struggle where the Sun abuser has the advantage the entire match. Your best bet is to pray he screws up and gives you an opening for some momentum.

Confirming as Diploman [UU]

I'd like to nominate Drought because it supports Fire types and Chlorophyllers so much that they are nearly unbeatable without specific walls like Snorlax to stop Charizard and Slowbro for countering Victini, who is still able to predict a switch-in and use Fusion Bolt. Against some Chlorophyllers (such as Victreebel), you can switch in your wall and then they can Sleep Powder you, Growth for an easy boost, and sweep your team.

I'd also like to nominate Chansey because it walls basically every special attacker in UU without needing to invest in Special Defense, just HP and Defense. That also allows it to take some weaker physical attacks, and it can't be taken down by Toxic since it can either switch and activate Natural Cure, or use Heal Bell. In the meantime, it can heal, Toxic-stall you and Seismic Toss you to death.

Jcpdragonx

Chansey: Well we all know Chansey ridiculous special defense, but its defense is now exceptional. Defensive Hitmontop does like under 40% to it with STAB Close Combat. It is just too good at its support roll. It creates a synergy within the team which is very hard to take down, easily switching in to almost any attack.

Kyurem: Pretty much every common set it runs is broken (Specs, Mixed LO and Sub Hone Claws/Dragon Tail). Its offensive spread is a joke coupled with high powered moves such as Blizzard, Outrage, Draco Meteor and Focus Blast. Not only that, but it is bulky as well, using the 2 best walls in the game as set up fodder (Deoxys-D and Chansey).

Mew: Mew's versatility makes it too unpredictable topped with the best move pool in UU. Taunt+Roost+Wilo-o-Wisp is one of the many sets which are hard to check. It can BP, support, stall break, sweep, scout, you name it.

TEzeon

I'm a ramblin gamblin dude!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm Raitei Zeon

Nominations:

Victini: 100 base stats across the board give it stats well above average in UU, accompanied by the most powerful physical move in the game (V-create). To be blunt, there are no switch ins to this thing whatsoever and every time he switches in expect to make a sacrifice just to stay in the game.

Kyurem: This guy has even more natural bulk than Victini, sporting an absurd BST of 660. Couple that with excellent stab moves and 130 base attack in the physical and special departments, and you've got yourself a beast. Save for Chansey, pretty much nothing else in the tier can switch in to this thing and you will have to make sacrifices often.

Confirming as TLK

Nominations:

Victini: 180BP STAB move which has the power to do 50%+ to Pokemon that resist it. Throw in the fact that it can go special or mixed to defeat would-be counters like Slowbro. It is extremely difficult to stop without using dedicated counters like Houndoom. Even without Sun, Victini is difficult to stop.

Kyurem: This Pokemon is extremely dangerous in the UU environment. Steel types are few and far between, which means Kyurem can come in and start firing off Draco Meteors everywhere. The mixed LO set means that it can still finish off bulky Pokemon like Milotic after they take a DM. It is very difficult to take down due to it's great bulk. And despite SR weakness, as a dragon it resists a lot of common move types such as electric, water, grass and is neutral to ice and fire. Like others have said, it's options are minimal, but it really doesn't need a lot of options because it has everything it needs.

Vulpix/Drought: Drought Vulpix is definitely broken in my opinion. It is not just Victini spamming V-Create which makes Sun so difficult to stop, but the Chlorophyll sweepers are all capable of sweeping well constructed teams with easy. Sleep powder from such a fast Pokemon shouldn't be underestimated, and all the Chlorophyll sweepers have access to a boosting move that gives them +2Attack/+2SpecA. What this means is that after one turn of set up, you've essentially got a Pokemon with an agility, nasty plot and a swords dance. And the aforementioned sleep powder makes it easy for them to set up. I'd rather ban Vulpix ahead of Chlorophyll, however, as Sun makes it possible for Pokemon such as Arcanine and Rotom-H to abuse their STAB moves.

Mew: I have used Mew the entire test round and I definitely think it's one of the most broken Pokemon in UU. Base 100 across the board is fantastic, as it means Mew can survive it's fair share of hits and can pack a punch too. It's versatility is what breaks Mew: it can baton pass, it can sweep itself, it can be a stall breaker, it can tank. It's got instant recovery, access to SR, Will-o-Wisp/Toxic/T-Wave. Overall, it's too versatile and can pull off any role in a team to perfection. What counters one Mew set is completely destroyed by another.

Wobbuffet: I haven't seen nearly as many as I thought, but all the ones I have seen have wrecked my team. We all know how Wobb works: it is a great revenge killer and can be used to help a Pokemon set up or just used to remove another Pokemon. The power of Pokemon in UU is a lot lower than OU, meaning Wobb can usually take down 2 or 3 Pokemon by itself. Shadow Tag is a retarded ability, and in the hands of something that is incredibly hard to OHKO even with a super effective move (Jolly scarf Heracross fails to OHKO with Megahorn). And most of the time you don't even get the chance to utilise that move because you'll likely be locked into something bad.

time for boredom:

(Nominations only, I don't have time to ladder much, fuck exams)

Victini-Broken under Trick Room. V-Create just makes you faster and faster. Trick Room ending? OH WHO CARES, U-Turn your way out, and voila! your defense drops just got removed, and you get to bring in a counter while doing decent damage in the process, or if you are CB just fire off one last V-Create then gtfo. Unless the opponent has Arcanine, Houndoom or (god forbid) Flareon, this thing will take a lot to take down.

Kyurem-Get that shit out of the metagame. 130/130/95 are absolutely nothing to scoff at, even with Kyurem's shit movepool. It's basically a mini-Salamence, with much better special attack to roflstomp random stuff with Draco Meteor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)