UU Team that needs a lot of fixing

I've had trouble building a UU team for new UU, so I thought I'd post my current one here for help. I'm more than willing to change any of these Pokemon for a different one, except for Steelix and Slowbro, because those two are doing perfectly fine at the moment.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
---

Specs Raikou. I'm using it as a lead because nothing else in my team relly suits being lead. I used to use Shaymin for specially sweeper, but I switched to Raikou as it has better stats, but unfortunately adds to my team's bad ground weakness.

Drapion (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP/12 Atk/244 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Toxic Spikes
- Earthquake
- Taunt

My first special wall, Drapion. He is on my team mainly to counter Raikou, Mismagius and other ghosts. He does well at countering specific sets, but besides that not much else. It also helps by being a grounded poison, but adds to my teams ground weakness.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 212 HP/252 Def/44 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

My first physical wall. He compliments Steelix, as he resist Steelix's weaknesses, and Steelix resists his weaknesses. I'm not sure if Calm Mind is necessary - most people expect it anyway, Ice beam might be more useful for coverage.
---

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/120 Atk/136 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

My second physical wall. Walls anything its not weak to, basically. Gyro Ball is useful, especially for hitting fast things which switch in when they expect me to stealth rock. Toxic is good for hitting bulky things, too.
---

Altaria (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

My second special wall, kind of, as well as physical sweeper. It doesn't do as well in New UU as it used to, but its able to wall the likes of Shaymin, Raikou and Ninetales (as long as they don't have HP Ice) and bulk enough to set up against Blastoise's Ice Beam. Its really half way between sweeper and wall, but not good enough to be either, but I can't find anything with similar resistances and stats.
---

Torterra (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Wood Hammer
- Rock Polish

This is just something I through in. I've tried out so many physical sweeper, and still haven't found anything great. Torterra does alright, for my team, but it doesn't really fit in.

That's the exact same Raikou set I run! I wouldn't suggest using it as a lead though.
Drapion is better suited to physical wall than special wall, so I suggest you replace it with something with better special defence. You could go with a specially defensive Shaymin with Grass Knot, Leech Seed, Rest and something else.
Why have you got special attack EVs on an all-physical Altaria? In fact, since it's more of an attacker than a supporter, I suggest running max attack and max speed. A pokemon can't really be both a wall and a sweeper (unless its name is Hariyama :P)
The problem with sweepers that require a turn to stat up is that they don't have many safe opportunities to come in. Your last physical sweeper should be a pokemon with massive attack and massive speed. Swellow or Toxic Orb Quick Feet Ursaring might work.

That's the exact same Raikou set I run! I wouldn't suggest using it as a lead though.
Drapion is better suited to physical wall than special wall, so I suggest you replace it with something with better special defence. You could go with a specially defensive Shaymin with Grass Knot, Leech Seed, Rest and something else.
Why have you got special attack EVs on an all-physical Altaria? In fact, since it's more of an attacker than a supporter, I suggest running max attack and max speed. A pokemon can't really be both a wall and a sweeper (unless its name is Hariyama :P)
The problem with sweepers that require a turn to stat up is that they don't have many safe opportunities to come in. Your last physical sweeper should be a pokemon with massive attack and massive speed. Swellow or Toxic Orb Quick Feet Ursaring might work.
Shaymin's a good idea as a special wall, I'll try it out, unless I have trouble with Mismagius.

EDIT: also, without a grounded poison, I have a toxic spikes problem

They're supposed to be Attack EVs of Altaria, my mistake. I'll try out max attack and speed on Altaria. I want to replace it, but can't think of anything to replace it with. xD

Quick Feet Ursaring sounds good, I'll put it on. Something like Choice scarf Medicham or Absol could do well too.

Have you got any ideas for a lead?

Forgive me, for this is my first Underused Rate, since the tiers changed so if there are a few problems with the rate then forgive me >_<

I battled this team twice today, one time I set up Mismagius on Slowbro and swept, the second time I had a much harder time as you Gyro Balled as I switched Missy into Steelix, I lost that one 5-0 or something, just goes to show eh? Anyway Missy isn't really problem, if it tries to set up on Slowbro, you must go straight to Drapion it doesn't have enough power, even after a CM boost to really hurt Drapion, and it doesn't really hit hard enough with no-boosts to threaten your other mons, so just don't give it the time to set up.

I'd say that Specs Raikou is a bad lead, things like Steelix are going to come in and wall it from turn one, with good prediction you can get around it, but you can't predict well early game, if you don't have a knowledge of your opponants team! I don't see why you couldn't lead with Steelix, it beats a lot of the common leads, such as Ambipom, and it dents Crobat with Gyro Ball. Hopefully you can set up SR on turn one or start attacking stuff from the get go, that way you can leave Raikou until you have cleared away problems.

I see what you mean with Altaria, its a little in-between. I'd reccomend changing it to something like Regice, which will cover Raikou and Shaymin, as for NInetales, I haven't seen that many of them (You might be stuck in the mindset of old UU lol) So it shouldn't be an issue, but you could always run Hidden POwer Ground if it does become an issue. If Ninetales becomes a real problem, simply switch Slowbro to Slowking and run the same set, you'll survive Energy Balls better that way, and KO back with Surf. Raikou can also easily revenge it =) If want some extra power on Regice, a Specs set could always work. I would stick with the Bolt Beam or Sleep Talk sets for now.

As for Torterra, I have rarely seen him used without Double Screen support, which your team doesn't currently hold, you could consider "instead of leading with Steelix) leading with a Trick Dual Screen Memento Uxie, the problem with that would be that you would be beaten by things with taunt, even if you manage to trick a scarf onto Ambipom and Crobat, they will still taunt you, and prevent you setting up. The alternative is to add a different physical powerhouse in the place of Torterra which is something we can have a look out. For my own experience (forgive me) Sub Dragon Dance Feraligatr is one you might like to try out, it's pretty easy to set up, and when it gets a couple of DDs under it's belt it really hits a lot of the UU metagame hard:

Feraligatr @ Liechi Berry
Jolly Nature / Torrent
EVs: 192 Spe / 52 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
~ Substitute
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Return

utspeeds Crobat after a DD IIRC, it might be Electrode, but it doesn't matter than much loll, the real attractivness of this set is how it powers through anything that doesn't resist water, with Torrent +2 Attack and STAB, it's quite amazing! It will work well with your team as you have raikou who cen really hurt bulky waters that it can't take out, and Regice (should you use it) will do well against Grass-type threats like Shaymin and Tangrowth!

Well, I hope that wasn't _too_ horrible, good luck with your team and be sure to contact me if you are still having problems, or you have any questions about my suggestions!

HP Fire on Raikou, if you are leading with it
Explosion over Toxic on Steelix because you are already spiking with Drapion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)