Froslass@Focus Sash
Cursed Body
252 Spe/252 SpA/4 HP
Timid

Ice Beam
Spikes
Thunderbolt
Destiny Bond

I chose to run Thunderbolt over T-wave for the sheer fact that empoleon pisses me off and Empoleon does not appreciate T-bolt's from a Froslass, Running a standard Suicide Lead, being one of the safer leads in UU it allows me to respond easily.

Cradilly@ Leftovers
Storm Drain
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Bold

Giga Drain
Stealth Rock
Toxic
Recover

Cro-cunes and other water pokemon run in terror at this poke with the exception of empoleon Cradilly can switch on scalds and Hydro pumps all day and respond back with a boosted giga drain, toxic or set rocks up. While Mienshao can OHKO with a High jump kick I usually like to bait the kick and switch to lass which i usually save if i see mienshao.

Umbreon@ Leftovers
Synchronize
252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def
Carefull

Heal Bell
Wish
Protect
Foul Play

All out support with Foul Play, With Heal Bell and wish support Umbreon has been such a valuable team player and has really pulled me out of some sticky situations

Kingdra@ Leftovers
Swift Swim
252 Atk/252 Spe/ 4 HP
Adamant

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Substitute
Outrage

Great for Choice Scarf Darminatan with the heavy 4x resist and allowing me to set up a sub, Registeel cant really touch Kingdra without S-toss and doesn't appreciate waterfall and even empoleon wouldnt take an outrage as well as you would like. This is also my poke of choice to ruin opposing rain teams.

Crobat@ Black Sludge
Inner Focus
180 HP/190 Atk/140 Spe
Jolly
Brave Bird
U-Turn
Taunt
Roost

One of the more offensive stall breakers of UU I chose to run a bit more of an offensive sets to outspeed other crobats and even outspeed scrafty after 1 dance and OHKO it with a brave bird. I chose U-turn over Confuse Ray and Haze because Taunt basically does the same thing as haze and U-turn as alot safer than confuse ray since i'm not dependant on hax.

Cresselia@ Leftovers
156 HP/100 Def/252 SpA
Modest

Psyshock
Moonlight
Ice Beam
Calm Mind

With moonlight this poke does very well in the sun while i could run Sub over moonlight, Cresselia is to slow to really take advantage of sub. Psyshock is for the calm mind wars as well as surprising special deffensive tanks such as P-2 or Snorlax. I choose Ice beam for extra coverage since Cresselia can tank hits from CB flygons and surprise Gligars trying to ruin my day with toxic.

Thats My team, Thanks in advance to all the positive feedback :)

Good team! I like the use of cradily to stop crocune, but just watch out for pressure which it can ppp stall you out esp with restalk.

I would say watch out for the nidos, but cress does great countering them both. I would say crobat is a decent check to mienshao, but need to watch out for stone edge. One thing I would recommend trying is bulky nidoqueen over crobat to be a great counter to both mienshao and heracross. Bulky nidoqueen with earth power/focus blast/ ice beam/fire blast can break through walls easily.

But, I like this team alot, just watch out for heracross who can do some serious damage to the team with close combat/megahorn/stone edge for moves.

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Hey, I like your team, especially the cradily.

Some threats that I can see just on a surface glance -

Hail seems like it could cause your team major troubles. Walrein alone could sweep most of your entire team with a little bit of hazard support, and the only thing that could really enjoy taking a blizzard from Rotom-F/Lass/Aboma/Walrein/Glaceon etc would be your Umbreon. Furthermore, your Cress gets her Moonlight effectiveness reduced, along with the constant hail damage.

On a similar note, your team suffers a lot from hazards, most notably Toxic Spikes. I would consider changing your standard lead from Froslass to your Crobat, which is a very respectable lead, and either adding a spinner, a Qwil to absorb toxic spikes, add another physical wall, and get your own spikes/toxic spikes up, or possibly a Nido to add an offensive threat and replace the spikes with SR. I think you'll find that leading with crobat rather than Froslass will help prevent hazards in itself due to taunt. (I'd also suggest running taunt on Lass if you decide to keep her).

Another thing to watch out for is Special Victini. The only thing that can take a Blue Flare at the moment is your umbreon, but even that wouldn't enjoy taking two, and with hazard support it could easily be a 2hko. It's not something to completely rebuild your team around, as it is still relatively obscure, but definitely something to think about. (Note that switching Lass for a Nido would also help for this).

That's all really, this team looks quite fun and I love the elements of originality! Best of luck :)

Thanks for the feedback, I have taken lass off the team for a scarf nidoking, i was debating between this and blastoise and relized that a scarf nidoking really closes a few wholes my team has mainly bulky steel types. I've added a link to the king thats replacing froslass

Nidoking@ Choice Scarf
Sheer Force
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Modest

Earth Power
Fire Blast
Focus Blast
Sludge Wave

Really covering up my fear of steel types Nidoking still packs the punch of froslass and provides a major offensive threat.

Fille

Afk
is a Pre-Contributor
LCPL Champion
Ok, so I must admit I really like your team. People are mentioning Mienshao/Heracross as a problem, but they're not. Crobat should be able to take a predicted SE with SR up, so u can easily switch back to Cresselia/Nidoking. Cress/Crobat can take HJK/CC, and nidoking CC too, while Crobat/Nidoking takes the Megahorn. I'm not really sure if getting Nidoking over Froslass benefits the team, but I haven't tried it yet anyways, so might work out. Besides this, theres not really any changes I think SHOULD be done, but Cress could use Twave over CM, seeing thta your team is rather slow (Nidoking is a slow scarfer, especially without timid).

Im a little warry about running T-Wave on cress, Cress is supposed to be like a CM latios where calm mind is there more for defensive and after a few I can start a little bit of a sweep, I tend to think of cress of more of a tank that can handle it's own. Nidoking isnt really meant to deal with mienshao or heracross thats crobat/cress' job. Nidoking is there for the steel and bulky ice types. I found that even with modest nature, Nidoking can still outspeed everything it needs to.

After some long play testing I noticed a few problems mainly specially defensive empoleon any suggestions?

I hate empoleons altogether a specially defensive one can be a special pain in the ass. My suggestion is to get a adamant ambipom with double hit ,fake out,shadow claw, and u turn with life orb. Double hit to break a predicted substitute. shadow claw to take care of any opposing phsycich or dark attackers, and u-turn to just hit 'em hard then get the ambipom out of there. Sorry new to team rating trying my best hope this helps.

Not sure how that would help since most specially defensive empoleons dont really care sub and double hit only does about 15% (32 for both hits) not even low kick would OHKO it

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's super late and I really shouldn't be up rating this team at this hour, but you got my attention enough that I'm doing it anyway, so kudos! First off, I'd like a bit of an explanation on your Crobat's EV Spread, and your Cresselia's EV Spread. For Crobat you seem to be using the standard stallbreaker but you removed the 4 SpDef EVs into the Speed. It's helpful to outspeed other Crobat 100% of the time, but you gotta realize why those 4 SpDef EVs were there on the set. It's situational but it at least deters Porygon2 and Porygon-Z (Download P-Z is actually a thing these days) by giving them a boost to Attack instead of Special Attack. Without it, you have a 50% chance of helping them or not helping them when they switch in, if they do. It may seem sitational and not that big a deal, but aside from other Crobats, you really don't even need the extra speed to outrun anything extra. As for Cress, I'm not really sure which EV Spread benefits it most, but at least give some details on why you chose the spread you chose. Any special brand of hits or attacks it can survive with this spread that it normally would be 2HKO'd by or somesuch?

Anyway, I would personally change Crobat's EV spread to 116 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 136 Spe. With this spread, your Crobat becomes a Brobat maintains the useful Speed, while hitting hard as possible. Also has a huge chance to OHKO Dragon Dance Scrafty, which you still outspeed at +1. Pretty useful in my opinion. On top of just generally hitting as hard as possible.

Also, glad to see you're replacing Froslass, I actually typed up a paragraph on how your team doesn't really need the Spike Stacking since you're not utilizing phazing or offensive pressure to sweep, but then I noticed your post about Scarf Nidoking and thus had to backspace all of it. My beef is that while Scarf Nidoking is surprising, it's not saving you from Empoleon, and most other scarfers will still beat you out.

I honestly would just recommend throwing standard Scarf heracross on over Nidoking, simply because it's much more effective at cleaning, synergizes nicely with Cress and Umbreon (Dark/Fighting/Psychic core tho!), and it just turns that giant horn on its head into a broom lategame.

The Hero You Need @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts/Moxie
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

I feel this guy would benefit your team much moreso than scarf Nidoking. The other thing about Hera, you're able to lure in Gligar/Qwilfish/Hitmontop super easily, and instantly double to Cress and either kill them (she actually beats all 3, go figure) or start setting up. And if you REALLY had guts, you could use Guts (pun intentional) over Moxie, simply to deter status abusers thinking they can stop you. You lose the ability to clean (as much) lategame so much as the surprise factor that allows you to punch more holes midgame. In my opinion, Guts may actually be PREFERRED over Moxie for a few reasons:

1. You did mention how much SpD Empoleon pisses you off. Switch in Heracross on a Scald? Got burnt? No problem! Free boost and they won't have half a mind to switch! (Well, unless they got a Qwilfish or Gligar or something in the works, but that's different.) You'll demolish it with Close Combat afterward. Penguin prob solved!

2. Sableye. ANY Sableye variant, phsyically or specially defensive, can frustrate off this team, and I'm actually surprised I saw no mention of it anywhere. Your bulky non-physical attackers (Cradily, Cresselia, Umbreon) will get Taunted and essentially have no means of really killing Sableye off. Your physical attackers (The rest of your team) get burnt by priority Will-O-Wisp, and you have nothing you can do about it except take a burn and pray you can get Umbreon in somewhere to Heal Bell you, except that Sableye has no reason to switch and you get Taunted again anyway. The best gamble you can make is banking off a Will-O-Miss and going from there, but you can't exactly OHKO Sableye, either...yeah. Guts Heracross in itself is a huge surprise to most people as they always, ALWAYS expect the standard Moxie Sweeper. While this Hera will have a scarf, you can get the jump on people using status moves by hitting significantly harder when they think you're burned and just need to put pressure on your Umbreon to keep Heracross in a crippled position. And Hera will actually appreciate the Will-O-Wisp from a Sableye, being able to hit back after being burnt and probably nab a surprise kill, that Sableye won't know what hit it! (It was actually a STAB Guts-Boosted Megahorn)

3. Even though you have Umbreon, Guts Hera also can perform nicely as a status absorber with Sleep Talk, should you choose to run it in the fourth moveslot. While Sleep Talk in itself can be generally shaky in some players' eyes, think about the fact that it activates Guts. Not only that but even with a Scarf, you have a bit more freedom over the moves you use (Not saying this can't backfire, but come on. It's Sleep Talk Heracross, man. No guts no glory!), and you can just heal it back up later with Umbreon in the event you have to switch before waking up. It's your best bet against foes like Amoonguss and Roserade when you don't want to have to use another Pokemon as sleep fodder just to bring Crobat in safely.

The last thing on your team, Cradily. Much respect for using such a lesser-known Pokemon in UU. I actually don't know how well Cradily performs in UU, as I've never seen one. However you use it as your Suicune counter, so I'm not gonna judge or question its effectiveness. Just watch for Offensive Calm Mind Variants, as being a physically defensive Cradily you're actually cleanly 2HKO'd by a +1 Ice Beam. However I can't think much of replacements for it without having to trunk something else on your team, as Cradily also doubles as your Stealth Rocker...And then the extra weakness to Fighting really doesn't help, either. You have teammates to fall back on, but Mienshao's an annoyance enough as it is.

The only SR user I can think of who can really hold a candle to Suicune is some kinda weird SpD Empoleon with Stealth Rock and Grass Knot, but that's as outlandish as it gets. I mean, you could try an Azelf with Stealth Rock, Grass Knot, and 2 other attacks but that in itself...just as outlandish (though a neutral natured Azelf Grass Knot can 2HKO an unboosted Suicune. Pretty notable). Or even Magic Coat Porygon2, who at least surprises peeps and bounces backs Rocks for you, as well as carrying Thunderbolt to do damage. However once Suicune gets some CMs up, Porygon2's really not gonna be able to touch it.

^-- Really outlandish and stupid ideas you shouldn't consider but don't totally overlook or dismiss, at least. Maybe it'll give you a few perspective ideas? I dunno. Just in the event you don't want to roll with Cradily. Anyway it's super late and I'm gonna be heading off to snooze, but I hope these changes at least helped your team a bit more in the right direction, and I wish you the best in UU.

Thanks for the tips

1. As far as crobat goes. I can't think of anything other than Jolly specs Raikou that i need the specs for, I'll consider changing the spread but even umbreon can take a plus 1 ice beam from P-Z/P-2 and I use cradily for Tri attack. I like the extra bulk to take 2 body slams from snorlax after black sludge but I'll try using the other spread and see how it goes.

As far as cress goes running modest is pretty much mandatory to take car of gligar while it isn't a guaranteed ohko Getting 1 calm mind isn't that difficult and the HP and Def EV's allow me to take a megahorn from scarf herra and retaliate with a psyshock.

Sabeleye isn't as annoying with scarf nido doing 72% with an earth power leaves it unable to stall me out. after he switches out I just need to predict correctly should the situation arise again. Not to mention being a special variant Nidoking doesn't really care about a burn.

as far as roserade and amoonguess goes while the sleep powder varients of roserade are annoying the combination of cress and crobat check them nicely and i can wake the former up with umbreon.

As far as Cradilly goes I've been meaning to replace it with another SR'er but I've been in quite a predicement I need something to check suicune, check empoleon and carry stealth rocks all at once. I like the suggestion of running my own empoleon but i think a sub peteya set would be more beneficial since having umbreon and a Sp.D empoleon would be redundant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)