ORAS UU Very first UU Team

Hi mates,
I'm kind of new here and wanted to try a UU Team with a Mega Sceptile.
First of all please excuse my language tho I'm from Portugal :D

So as I said I wanted to try Mega Sceptile so here are the stats.

sceptile-mega.gif

Mega Sceptile @Sceptilite
Timid Nature
Ability: Lightning Rod
EV's: 252 Sp.Att, 4 Sp.Def, 252 Spe
IV's: 0 Att, 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire

I choose Giga Drain over Energy Ball because I think one powerful grass type move is enough (Leaf Storm) and with Giga Drain I can heal up some damage. Dragon Pulse is the best dragon type move he can learn so it's obvious to have it due his STAB. HP Fire to surprise some Ice Pokemon who think can beat him.

After using Leaf Storm Sceptile is kinda weak so I need a voltswitch- or U-turner that can take a hit and helps Sceptile to comes in safety with reseted stats. In this case I choose Forretress.

forretress.gif

Forrtress Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
Ability: Sturdy
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp.Def
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

As mentioned above his task is to take damages and switch back to sceptile if possible. Rapid Spin to spin hazards away. Stealth Rocks to set up hazards and toxic to poison walls and other threads.

My physical sweeper is Darmanitan.

darmanitan.gif

Darmanitan Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
Abitlity: Sheer Force
EV's: 252 Att, 4 Sp.Def, 252 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- U-Turn
- Earthquake/Superpower

Darmanitan is there to break to special walls like blissey. Scarf over Band for more speed. Flare Blitz is the strongest STAB. Rock Slide to hit Beedrill. U-Turn to run from physical walls and complete the VoltTurn Combination. The last move is earthquake or superpower in this case I need your help.

To kill the fairies that are very dangerous for sceptile I choose Toxicroak.

toxicroak.gif

Toxicroak Black Sludge
Adamant Nature
Ability: Dry Skin
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Att, 4 Sp.Def
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

I want to try the bulky variation with max HP, Black Sludge and Drain Punch to heal up. Gunk Shot is a powerful STAB that kills most fairies. Knock Off to deal super effective damage to bug or ghost types and swords dance to set up if possible.

To beat grass types that are a problem for sceptile I chose Rotom in the Heat Form.

rotom-heat.gif

Rotom-Heat Choice Specs
Timid Nature
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 Sp.Att, 4 Sp.Def, 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Grass
- Trick

Rotom takes out grass types with the super effective Overheat. Thunderbolt is a powerful STAB with Choice Specs. And HP Grass for the Rock or Ground types. If I want to get rid off the specs I use Trick and cripple a Wall while taking his leftovers.

Last but not least I need a special wall and I choose Blissey.

blissey.gif

Blissey Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp.Def
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Blissey is my special wall. Wish support sceptile and the sweepers. Soft-boiled heal up the damage while toxic bring down the enemy slowly to an end. Seismic toss to deal safe 100 hp damage.

So, that's my UU Team. Looking forward for any suggestions.

Sincerely DonDanno77

hey man, that's not a bad team for being new (also, compliments on your English-it's as good as mine and I'm a native speaker lmao).

The first thing that I noticed is double fire types in rotom H and darm.

So, to replace darm I'm gonna recommend Scarf Krookodile. I'm on mobile rn so i can't give you a set, but id recommend eq/stone edge/pursuit and whatever filler move you prefer (could even be SR if you're feeling ballsy/wanna bluff black glasses).

The second thing I noticed is that blissey really doesn't fit your team. it's usually only found on stall/semistall, as its a huge momentum suck. I'm gonna recommend you replace it with bulky wishtect sylveon. Sylv is really good rn, it dunks on hydreigon and other darks and dragons. I'd recommend Hyper Voice/Wish/Protect/Heal Bell (forre and rotom both appreciate wish support, as they lack recovery of their own.

Finally, I'd recommend volt switch over Tbolt on rotom. it's best set is a pivot, Trick is just a nice gimmick to help against stall (which I totally think is a good idea, stall fucking sucks to play against).

Hope I helped! (I'll add sets later)

Thank you for your suggestions buddy :)
Yeah you're right two fire types aren't that good, scarf krook is an interesting idea I'm looking forward to see this set.
Well blissey did actually a good job in the battles I had, but I will definitly check wishtect sylveon.
I thought with specs, t-bolt deals more damage then vswitch, but I will test it aswell.
Looking forward to see your sets and again thank you to rate my team

Thank you for your suggestions buddy :)
Yeah you're right two fire types aren't that good, scarf krook is an interesting idea I'm looking forward to see this set.
Well blissey did actually a good job in the battles I had, but I will definitly check wishtect sylveon.
I thought with specs, t-bolt deals more damage then vswitch, but I will test it aswell.
Looking forward to see your sets and again thank you to rate my team
blissey might seem like a good idea, but it's inability to do anything offensively is bad for any offensively minded team. another option for sylveon is baton pass over heal bell, which works rly well for wish passing.

Also, the point of volt switch isn't to hit hard (although with specs it'll be decent). Instead, it's to grab momentum and give a free switch in to scept or krook or croak (I like how that core sounds btw).

Anyway, glad to be of service, feel free to ignore anything if you wanna haha

I tried the krook with scarf and full ev on att and speed and
Sylveon max ev hp and sp. Def with leftovers.
Works better, i like heal bell cause I am stupid and always get the wrong mon paralysed or burned lmao. And hyper voice is definitivly the better move than seismic toss from blissey :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)