ORAS UU Very Hard to Use UU Team but works surprisingly

Should i ditch this team or improve more on it With below uu or bL2 mons?

• Total voters
So ya this is my first thread ever so let me be formal where this team came from so that way you can understand before you criticize me let me explain where this team started

STORY TIME...
SO this all started when i was wondering what are some pokemon that have potential or undiscovered potential then i started asking my friends about dragonair what could we do to it then it escelated into something where i made a uu team consisting of a Dragonair,Swellow,escavilier,rhyperior,blastoise and Frosslass
from there i actually did pretty well up untill 1300's so im wondering how would this team be recieved by smogon if i where to make a RMT about this?
Story time over or what little i consider a story

NOW let's get on with our mons

Pola_Luna (Dragonair) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 148 HP / 56 Att / 152 Def / 152 SpD /
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed/Rest
- Outrage
- Waterfall
Now if any of you where to tell me to give up Dragonair i simply couldnt since this mon right here is the reason why i started this so its sentimental.
So,What can a Dragonair do possibly in UU? let me answer that
not only can it be able to take hits well because of its improved defences of roughly 300
which can tank from threats of the UU such as Mega-Aerodactyles stone edge but aside from its tankiness Dragonair i would Dare say has the most cons of the team which i will list out here but before i get to that i MUST WARN YOU! IT IS REQUIERED TO DRAGON DANCE WITH THIS THING ONCE ITS READY TO BATTLE I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH.
Cons

1. on Average takes about 2-3 Dragon Dances to be usable
  2. Would not reccommend rest since for me it seems more of a detrament to have than a save since half of the time it cannot wake up faster from Shed skin
  3. Can Be crippled by Will-O-Wisp or Thunder wave
  4. Outraging if there is a fairy on the opponents team is a very bad idea unless you can rest without getting killed then good luck my friend.
  5. once the Eviolite is gone before setup there is no going back

Pros
  1. Can take on what would be devistating hits from The heavy hitters of the UU
  2. Is able to out speed any Prioity moves from Extreme Speed from the dragon dances
  3. amazing sweeping potential without the assistance of other mons but farily difficult to pull off without even with assistance.

Native_kim (Swellow) (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Swellow.Swellow. HOW do I describe Swellow? well swellow is like Dugtrio but faster but with guts even able to outspeed cloyster even after shell smash and even able to outspeed noivern and one shot it with facade. But how do we use swellow? well i see swellow as a sweeper/Revenge Killer since its so fast and can easily u-turn if its in a jam,Facade at a solid 140 base power can easily Most of the Mons in UU with a Def Stat of 90 or lower such as hydreigon but Still expect intense damage from tougher mons.

Cons
  1. Compared to the UU pokemon Swellow is the 5th Fastest pokemon only behind crobat
  2. is easily OHKOED by almost any attack or by eventual recoil from brave bird combined wih burn
  3. Is easily Crippled if tricked
Pros
  1. can sweep farily easily
  2. faster than noivern or shell smashed cloyster

frozen bitch (Froslass) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Beam
Pretty Much the Suicide lead easy and self explanitory

Pros

• able to outspeed most leads​
    • can ruin setups​
    • can play mind games to setup spikes​
Cons

• Destiny bond can fell if its killed from statuses
    • Destiny Bonding Can fail horribly if used too early, allowing your oppenent to let you use all the pp before finishing you off
    • can be easily outspeeded before bonding

Blastoise @ Assault Vest
Ability: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Mirror Coat
- Rapid Spin

So blastoise is my Special tank of the team not only can it can it withstand the mighty strength of a specs chandelure it also has mirror coat to take care of it in one shot before it starts with its subbing shinanegans. as a bonus to his tankyness its often been safe to pull out blastoise in case of rapid spinning and can cripple those pesky physical monsters with a couple scalds. in other words it does its job just fine

Cons
  1. Blastoise dosent have alot of power backing him up so if you want him to win i suggest putting him up against a special attacker to mirror coat or a mon thats weak to fighting or water

Lancington (Escavalier) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Def / 56 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Knock Off
Escavalier acts as a back up tank but at the same time is pure brute strength
He is capable of 2Hko most mons in the UU but suffers from his only weaknesses (fire) this thing is going down without a fight if fire hits it especially will o wisp can cripple this thing to uselessness but he is good for saccing if low on hp which i use him for my go to sacrifice for perfect setups or whatever

Cons:

• is usless if will o wispped

Pros:
is capable of 2 or 3 shotting most mons with just megahorn alone or super effective moves

Gygan (Rhyperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Rock Blast
Rhyperior here is the muscle in other words the back up revenge killer when shit is getting too deep and yes i have considered whether or not to have choice band on this thing but when it came down to it choice band has costed me alot of games simply because i couldnt switch to a move so life orb it is then.
Pros
can survive most moves that would kill mons of its type
Heavy hitter

Cons
has poor sp def
is too slow and may be a hinderance on the match

Last edited:
This team looks really fun and unique but I think that a few quick changes would really help it out.

First, I would change the assault vest on Blastoise to Blastoisinite. While it's special defense is only marginally boosted I think that the extra power and defense more than make up for the SpD loss. The defense increase from mega evolving gives mega-blastoise more defense then the set that you are running, which lets you use those leftover evs to give mega-blastoise max special defense. With this set you can still eat up specs chandelure's energy ball: 252 SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Blastoise: 210-248 (58 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, and also pack a much larger punch.

You also might want to consider running life orb Krookodile over rhyperior. Not only does it's higher speed let it revenge kill with ease, but intimidate can help to bolster krookodile's mediocre defense if it needs to take a hit. I would suggest a set like this:

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Lastly, running 184 defense evs on dragonair would make mega-swampert's ice punch be a roll to 2 hit KO. Mega-pert looks quite threatening to your team so It might be worth the extra investment so that dragonair can soft check it.

Purple patatoes its like you read my mind lol i did go for mega stoise and am happy with the results But sadly i cant take krook because rhyperiors spot is now taken for a defence boosting baton passer which is gorebyss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)