VGC '12 Northeast Regional - Philadelphia, PA - Won by JiveTime & KeepBayleefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have some ideas as to what us smogoners could do after Philly? I think it would be fun to go out to lunch or see a movie, or something like that. I'll stop being lazy and look at what's around there myself soon, but any ideas?
There's a huge FYE by City Hall that has a massive selection of stuff, I'd visit there. The Gallery Mall itself is an interesting place too, though the aformentioned Reading Terminal Market is a must-visit.

There used to be a huge Borders in the area but it closed :(

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
There's a huge FYE by City Hall that has a massive selection of stuff, I'd visit there. The Gallery Mall itself is an interesting place too, though the aformentioned Reading Terminal Market is a must-visit.

There used to be a huge Borders in the area but it closed :(
Wasn't replaced by Books-a-Million, was it? I know the Borders up here changed to a BAM, but I don't remember if any others were occupied.

I'll have to check out the Terminal Market. Looks like there's a lot there.

edit: For anyone who's interested in a Phillies game (or two), the Season Ticket holders are getting theirs this week (some got them today.) I'm sure there'll be a few on Stubhub.

Ugh, man do schedules contradict, I am entering a wrestling tournament and if I place top 3, the regional tournament is on APRIL 14-15 exactly... If this happens I am just skipping right to Nats

Wasn't replaced by Books-a-Million, was it? I know the Borders up here changed to a BAM, but I don't remember if any others were occupied.

I'll have to check out the Terminal Market. Looks like there's a lot there.

edit: For anyone who's interested in a Phillies game (or two), the Season Ticket holders are getting theirs this week (some got them today.) I'm sure there'll be a few on Stubhub.
That sounds great, but I'll be tailed by my little siblings, and I'm not sure my dad's willing to buy us all baseball tickets. The Reading Terminal Market sounds good.

Oh my, it seems that I have forgotten to mention that I will be attending the tournament, masters division.

hope i don't get stomped too hard.

I dunno if I would want to do baseball, unless the Yankees were playing them. I wonder how Borders even went bankrupt they seemed pretty popular....

I dunno if I would want to do baseball, unless the Yankees were playing them. I wonder how Borders even went bankrupt they seemed pretty popular....
Borders and many other bookstores are closing due to the increasing popularity of ebooks.

Also I wish I was going to PA! Seems like everyone will be attending this one.
Have fun, you guys!

chuppa going to hax out someone again calling it

Hey just wondering, does anyone else have Spring Break during the weekend of regionals? That's the main reason why I can come.

Borders and many other bookstores are closing due to the increasing popularity of ebooks.

Also I wish I was going to PA! Seems like everyone will be attending this one.
Have fun, you guys!

chuppa going to hax out someone again calling it
Lol. The chance of Focus Blast and meteor Mash hitting was roughly 1/2(I believe a bit more likely). I have no idea how many Def evs Cybertron's Glaceon had, but after a certain point it would have been impossible for it to finish BOOM!!!!!! off with Blizzard. And to other person that noted it, I am also going over spring break (on the very last day) but that's regardless I would be there anyway

Masters is definitely the hardest division. There about 95% of the people there actually know what they're doing, unlike the other divisions.
Zog said it in another thread, but try to forget big names at vgc. If you let yourself get intimidated because your battling a person thats a top competitor/been to worlds or nats your asking to lose. Come with the mindset you'll do good/win, and you'll get good results. In Fall regionals I knew I was going to face some pretty darn good player who all had a great opportunity to get top4, and I still did a nice performance.

Lol. The chance of Focus Blast and meteor Mash hitting was roughly 1/2(I believe a bit more likely). I have no idea how many Def evs Cybertron's Glaceon had, but after a certain point it would have been impossible for it to finish BOOM!!!!!! off with Blizzard. And to other person that noted it, I am also going over spring break (on the very last day) but that's regardless I would be there anyway
i was joking......

Would anyone be interested in having an unofficial Multi battle tourny after regionals over lunch or something? I remember doing a little one at the nationals, but my idea was to just get everyone's names, stick them in a hat, and randomly pair people up. It would be nice if someone had a laptop so we could have a Challonge bracket up, but I could throw something together if not. If you're interested let me know.

Would anyone be interested in having an unofficial Multi battle tourny after regionals over lunch or something? I remember doing a little one at the nationals, but my idea was to just get everyone's names, stick them in a hat, and randomly pair people up. It would be nice if someone had a laptop so we could have a Challonge bracket up, but I could throw something together if not. If you're interested let me know.
All depends on the place, time, and other stuff. My labtop's bust so we can't use that, but a randomly-pairing Multi Battle sounds like buckets of fun. Doing at the Reading Terminal Market would be awesome, lots of events are coordinated there, and gain a lot of attention by passers-by.

Sounds like another good idea! These might not need to be random, people can just enter with a friend of choice. Damn I just want these roughly 7 weeks to pass so I can go to another live VGC.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)