VGC 2012 Usage Statistics - "Rise of the Rain Team"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've taken the VGC 2012 Pokemon Online usage statistics and made this handy chart for people to use/explore:

Click here!

You can isolate individual pokes on the right, and then goof around with the sliders to see average percentages and percentage change over time.

This includes all information from September 2011 to June 2012 and shows a pretty interesting story, if I do say so myself. Possible titles for this story:

"Our Never-ending Love For Hitmontop"
"Rise of the Rain Team"
"Hey, Scizor is a great idea... or wait... no it isn't..."

You can see a huge shift in May after the regional competition. One of the things I've been puzzling over is the sharp rise in Mesprit's use. Anyone got an idea on that one?

Anyway, I hope people like it and find it helpful! If you do, maybe I'll try to post an update in August.

Cool! idk about Mesprit, it's unique in that it is so well rounded, but other Pokemon can do similar things better.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just curious, is this for the PO main server? Also, can you give a number of total battles for each month?
After all, percents are nice and all, but it doesn't really mean much if there were only about 100 battles total per month.

Just curious, is this for the PO main server? Also, can you give a number of total battles for each month?
After all, percents are nice and all, but it doesn't really mean much if there were only about 100 battles total per month.
Good questions, all...
As for the server, I can only assume it's the main server. All statistics are from: http://stats.pokemon-online.eu/ .
As for the number of battles, it's pretty variable: Sept 2011 - 628; Oct 2011 - 925; Nov 2011 - 438; Dec 2011 - 912; Jan 2012 - 1917; Feb 2012 - 1820; March 2012 - 1863; April 2012 - 1096; May 2012 - 933; June 2012 - 1270.

One strange thing about the data (and perhaps someone can explain this), but the "ranked stats" and the data displayed on the PO website don't match. Not sure why this is. For the purposes of importing data into excel, etc., I used the "ranked stats" tab for every month and exported the text file. But if you compare my chart with the PO website, you'll see some discrepancies. I'm more apt to believe the "ranked stats" numbers; they're passing the "smell test" to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)