Vulpix, Drought, and Chlorophyll

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably going to be unpopular but I feel like posting it anyway.

Almost a year ago, in Stage 3 of the suspect test, Vulpix was banned. The main reason, that I can recall, for the ban was that chlorophyll sweepers were too strong with the speed boost they received. Due to many people not wanting to ban "part" of a Pokemon, Vulpix, not Drought, was banned.

I am not going to argue that chlorophyll sweepers weren't the best around, but was banning Vulpix instead of just Drought necessary? In the OU metagame people thought Drizzle was broken due to the effectiveness of the Swift Swimmer sweepers. However, instead of banning Politoed, Aldaron's Proposal was instituted which banned Drizzle and Swift Swimmers on the same team. It solved the problem of most rain sweepers, yet still allowed other play styles such as rain stall.

Vulpix is not as good as some of the other fire types such as Ponyta. What if we unbanned Vulpix, but made our own Aldaron's Proposal which would ban Drought and Chlorophyll on the same team? Will the Chlorophyll sweepers still be broken? Will another play style, such as sun stall, be viable in the metagame?

I was against banning Vulpix because it wasn't amazing outside of setting up Chlorophyll sweepers. I only voted to ban it because it was ban Vulpix or nothing. However, I think that bringing a third permanent weather into Little Cup would just add more variety. Pokemon that are not used much, such as Oddish and Bellsprout, would see more usage. They won't be broken though as you cannot rely on the other team carrying a Vulpix so that you can abuse them. There are already few Grass-types that are used in the tier. As long as Drought and Chlorophyll cannot be on the same team, I think that it is doable. What are everybody's thoughts on this?

Ray Jay Edit: In the future, this is to be referred to as the Aldasun Proposal

I can personally agree with this, because of a few reasons;

1. It would only be fair to persecute Vulpix to the same fate Politoed was forced to bear; being torn away from its ability, but only in the aspect of being banned + something else.

2. Drought by itself isn't doing anything. Drought + Chlorophyll is obviously another story, but Drought is just another ability if used by itself.

3. Vulpix is bad.

So, I will come to terms with this and say that Vulpix deserves a chance to be unbanned and Drought + Chlorophyll should be given the same type of enforcement as Drizzle + SS was given in the OU metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)