Warubiaru

Warubiaru, AKA KAMINAGATER

You know who this is? I'm sure you do, but I'll tell you anyway. This is Warubiari, a new Pokemon from Pokemon Black and White. Cool lookin' motherfucker, huh? Well, this is a thread dedicated to his discussion. Note that this is a discussion of his competitive viability, not wether he will be banned, tiers, etc. Keep that in mind as we progress. Now then...

Code:
[B]#553 Warubiaru[/B]
Typing: Ground / Dark
Ability 1: 
   Intimidate
    Upon entering battle, opponent's Attack lowers one stage. Pokemon with Clear Body, Hyper Cutter and White Smoke are unaffected.
Ability 2: 
   EarthquakeSpiral/Overconfidence(People keep arguing the name...)
    Boosts attack one stage when a Warubiaru knocks out a pokemon.
Ability 3: (Dream World)
   Anger Point
    Raises pokemon's attack six stages when hit by a critical hit.

HP:  95
Atk: 117
Def: 70
SpA: 65
SpD: 70
Spe: 92

[B]Level-Up Moves:[/B]
Lv1: Leer
Lv1: Rage
Lv1: Bite
Lv1: Sand-Attack
Lv4: Bite
Lv7: Sand-Attack
Lv10: Torment
Lv13: Sand Tomb
Lv16: Assurance
Lv19: Mud-Slap
Lv22: Embargo
Lv25: Swagger
Lv28: Crunch
Lv32: Dig
Lv36: Scary Face
Lv42: [M492]
Lv48: Sandstorm
Lv54: Earthquake
Lv60: Outrage

[M492]: Physical Dark PP: 15 Power: 95 / Accuracy: 100
Higher target's Attack, more powerful

[B]TM Moves:[/B]
TM01 - Claw Sharpen
TM02 - Dragon Claw
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Strike Down
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM47 - Ankle Sweep
TM48 - Troll
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM56 - Fling
TM59 - Complete Burn
TM63 - Embargo
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM67 - Get Even
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM78 - Smooth Over
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Dragon Tail
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
TM94 - Rock Smash
TM95 - Back Out
HM01 - Cut
HM04 - Strength

[b]Egg Moves:[/b]
Double-Edge
Rock Climb
Pursuit
Uproar
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang
Beat Up
Focus Energy
Counter
Mean Look
As you can see, he's got a fairly cool movelist. But the breathe of life is the specifics, and this is what jumps out to me personally.

• Thunder Wave Immunity
    Being a ground type and all, Warubiaru sports a nice immunity to Thunder Wave. This allows it to come in on a statuser, like a T-Wave Blissey, and immedietely threaten.
  • Dark and Rock resistances with Intimidate
    Does that attacking combination sound familiar? Yep, that's Tyranitar. Warubiaru can switch into T-Tar, resisting both it's STABS and lowering it's attack, then threaten it out with a STAB Earthquake. It also allows it to come more safely into EdgeQuakers and threaten them out with KOing power and potentially punish early Pursuits. The rock resistance also means taking less damage from Stealth Rocks.
  • Ice, Water, Fighting, Bug weaknesses
    Not a pro, but a con. Warubiaru sports weaknesses to 3 common attacking types, and to U-Turn from the likes of Scizor. Because of this, Warubiaru will have more trouble facing bulky WATER types and has to worry about incoming Scizor which may wall it's attacks. Getting around these problems may just be one way to make Warubiaru even better in the future.
  • Access to Taunt
    Warubiaru doesn't have a lot of non-attacking options, but it DOES have the always amazing Taunt. With 92 base speed, Intimidate and good defenses, it's ability to abuse Taunt is quite high, very similar to Gliscor. But can Warubiaru abuse it with Bulk Up and Claw Sharpen as his only attack raisers?
  • Great type coverage and dual STAB
    One of the biggest reasons to use Warubiaru, as he has dual Earthquake + Crunch/M492 to deal out impressive, high-level STABed damage. He also learns Stone Edge as a TM, Shadow Claw, Dragon Claw and so on. Because of this, Warubiaru has an impressive movepool which allows him to hit a variety of types effectively.
Here's some sample Sets, to show off some of Warubiaru's potential.

Warubiaru @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate / EarthquakeSpiral
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)/Jolly(+ Speed, - SpA)
~ Earthquake
~ M492/Crunch
~ Stone Edge
~ Outrage / Dragon Claw / Pursuit / Fire Fang

This will most likely be one of Warubiaru's most deadly sets. The choice of M492 or Crunch depends on wether M492's effect is detrimental or not. If not, then it's most likely strictly better than Crunch. Not only does Warubiaru get QuakEdge, but a STAB move of comparable power to Earthquake which will allow it to kill ghost switch-ins which may have Levitate or otherwise be bulky(Desukan, I'm looking at you!). The last move is debatable. Pursuit gives him Tyranitar-like trapping capabilities along with M492/Crunch, while Outrage gives potential power or Dragon Claw for coverage. Fire Fang hits Skarmory super effective.

The choice of nature and EVs will have to be refined. Speed EVs could most likely be slightly modified to outspeed Base 90s only and dump the rest into HP, but this might be unnessecary. If you want to outspeed +Speed 90s, you'll need Jolly. Otherwise, Adamant. Also notable in that it can outspeed non-Sandstorm/Sand Throw Doryuuzu, Intimidate it and strike back with a Super Effective earthquake.

The choice of EarthquakeSpiral or Intimidate depends. Intimidate makes it much easier to come in, and is thus the preferred choice for a Choice Bander, but EarthquakeSpiral can quickly cause a snowball effect once their bulkier pokemon have been killed or eliminated. Also possible is a Choice Scarf, but as Warubiaru falls just under Base 95s/100s this is unrecommended.

Warubiaru @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate / EarthquakeSpiral
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe OR 6 HP / 252 HP / 252 Speed
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA) / Jolly (+Speed, -SpA)
~ Bulk Up
~ Earthquake
~ M492/Crunch / Stone Edge
~ Stone Edge / M492/Crunch / Taunt

Bulk Up Warubiaru. Although it doesn't have insane Special Defense, it could function as a somewhat bulky, DDNite-type Pokemon. It also has access to Taunt, which could allow more set-up options. Earthquake is staple, but the choice of M492/Crunch or Stone Edge depends. M492/Crunch is much more powerful and reliable, but QuakeEdge has most likely better coverage. Alternately, one can forego Taunt to run all three.

EVs are still messy, but for an Intimidate/Leftovers version, a higher HP allows Warubiaru to survive more hits and an Adamant nature is needed for more power. The EVs would have to be refined to see how much HP is needed to take hits, speed to outspeed and so on. However, a more offensive, Life Orb version could opt to use a more offensive spread, most likely with Jolly to outspeed Base 90s.

Warubiaru @ Life Orb
Ability: EarthquakeSpiral
EVs: 6 HP / 252 HP / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -SpA)
~ Taunt
~ Earthquake
~ M492/Crunch
~ Stone Edge

The last Set I have, a "psuedo-booster". Sacrificing Bulk Up, Warubiaru goes 3 attacks + Taunt and hopes to score kills with EarthquakeSpiral, giving it a psuedo-attack boost. Taunt gives it a Stallbreaker-like capability, while it retains it's core 3 attack set. Life Orb and max/near-max Jolly speed is probably the only option here.

So...whadda guys think? Are any of these Sets promising, or do you have a promising Set? What will you partner him with? And what Mons will give him the biggest trouble...or him give the biggest trouble too?

I originally thought of him as a really cool counter to Lucario, being just slightly faster, Intimidate, natural bulk and STAB Earthquake.

Then I realized hes weak to Fighting..

Could be an interesting poke. I'm not sure how he matches up with other 5th gen things, but compared to the current 4th gen meta game it seems usable. It might be a good counter to that Drill mole, depending on what it can do with +1 LO Earthquake.

Wow I really like the sprite, that's too cool. Anyways, maybe a bulky Breelom would work quite well against Warubiaru: it resists EdgeQuake and Crunch/M492, and can threaten with STAB Technician Mach Punch. I don't know if Breelom's defensive capabilities are enough, though. Skarmory also resists both the STABs, but it's neutral against stone edge.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks underwhelming to me for the most part. He has nice STABs, a good movepool, great abilities and a solid Atk. But his defenses aren't all that great for coming in a lot and his Speed is fairly low which will be hard for him to revenge things. When you say compare that to Tar, who is very slow, but packs a punch, he has the added ability of being defensively bulky and takes damage nicely. He is almost completely countered by Skarm who will just set up Spikes all day.

I think his Abilities are what may set him apart. Since Intimidate and Earthquake Spiral both have their uses, he is a very flexible Pokemon. Guessing sets will be slightly harder.

I posted this in Shanderaa's thread, considering it's about both Pokemon I figure I'll repost here:
Shanderaa resists Ice and Bug, and is immune to Fighting (3/4 of Waru's main weaknesses) but they do share that last 1/4 (water!), and Shanderaa resists Grass too. Warubiaru resists Dark and Rock, which are problems for Shanderaa.

How Waru and Shanderaa help each other:
- He can lure out stuff like Fighting types or Scizor (Shanderaa's defenses 60/90/90 aren't amazing, I'm not sure how much Bullet Punch would but it does 4x resist X-Scissor) only for Waru to switch to Shadow Tag Shanderaa who can net a fast kill with it's 145 base special, or set up on something.
- Waru Eliminates Pursuit users like Tyranitar for Shanderaa to pull off an easier sweep. Waru resists TTar's STAB and counters with his own SE STAB Earthquake.

I think it's a neat and effective offensive partnership. Shanderaa with Shadow Tag can open plenty of holes in the opponents team for Waru to clean up later, or vice versa (Waru's STAB EQ can weaken the other team only for Shanderaa to clean up with Choice Scarf Fire Blasts). Waru has decent speed, but Shanderaa (Since it cannot use Nitro Charge effectively D:) isn't the fastest. Both benefit from have a third support to paralyze the other team (Something that can cover there Water weaknesses??).

Just theorymoning. Any glaring problems with that match up I looked over?
Shanderaa also takes care of Breloom which can pose a problem to Warubiaru.

What if you threw in Suicune to the Shanderaa/Warubiaru mix?

Water Absorb Suicune absorbs the water weakness, should probably be able to help against other bulky waters and outlast them, and should be able to effectively help bust the specially defensive walls Shanderaa might face.

Sazanado could be another useful partner, drawing in fighting moves for Shanderaa and resisting dark, water. It could also go mixed or hard on either side to help both Warubiaru and Shanderaa.

Looks underwhelming to me for the most part. He has nice STABs, a good movepool, great abilities and a solid Atk. But his defenses aren't all that great for coming in a lot and his Speed is fairly low which will be hard for him to revenge things. When you say compare that to Tar, who is very slow, but packs a punch, he has the added ability of being defensively bulky and takes damage nicely. He is almost completely countered by Skarm who will just set up Spikes all day.
He does have Taunt to stop Skarm coming in to do that, but otherwise he pretty much has to switch out.

Thunder wave only hits ground types if the user is currently holding the item known as Aiming mark which allows you to bypass immunities. I think Warubiaru (seriously needs nickname, Croccollosiol or Kaminagator or somfin) has potential but will ultimately be relegated to UU due to its middling speed, lack of priority and +2 booster and the fact that neither its typing or its stats due anything to make it last long enough to do serious damage.

You'll want to take his Egg Moves in consideration.

メグロコ (Meguroko) :
Double-Edge
Rock Climb
Pursuit
Uproar
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang
Beat Up
Focus Energy
Counter
Mean Look
I don't know if he'll make it into standard play, but Skarm is one Pokemon who can't wall his Taunt/Bulk Up set. I assume any Taunt/Bulk Up set will run QuakeEdge, foregoing Crunch though. Thanks to Bulk Up investing in defense, Brave Bird will not do enough damage before it's 2HKO by Stone Edge. Taunt screws Skarm over in any case, as he loses Roost, Spikes and Whirlwind, resorting to Brave Bird.

If you look at the Egg moves as well, it has Pursuit for a Choice set, Mean Look for trapping, and the rather weak Fang's to round out coverage.

Ah, I didn't have a list of Egg Moves. I'll add those to the main post, especially Pursuit for the Choice set.

The first thing that I thought of and still think to be his most viable in the new OU environment is a choice scarf set.
Max out Speed and Attack, put a Scarf on him, use as a revenger, and proceed to let the EarthquakeSpiral take effect. Against frailer teams he could decimate.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Yeah; you pair Warubiaru with Shanderaa, trap and kill their Ground immunes and then rampage with that STAB EQ and mounting attack off Earthquake Spiral... If only it got U-Turn...

I just thought about that: Wouldn´t Pursuit on the Pseudo Booster be a good choice? You switch Warubiaru in any Psychic or Ghost Type(preferably weakened) and pursuit it to kill it and get the boost despite the opponent might switch. Just because this Pseudo Booster really needs any KO he can get with no Atk investment.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
I like Earthquake / Crunch or [M492] / Pursuit / Stone Edge. It's the new ScarfTar. But with EQ Spiral. And higher Speed.

When I first saw Overconfidence, I immediately thought, "dang, this Pokemon (then all we had was his first form) will DEFINITELY be everywhere in standard." I thought he would get Dragon Dance.

But he didn't, and other Pokemon that outclass him (Gyarados, Mence, Heracross) all get Overconfidence as well. Still though, this Pokemon remains a force to be reckoned with imo.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It doesn't get Dragon Dance...?

Seriously? That sucks. DD + Overconfidence would have been perfect for this guy. I can see him being a contender in the lower tiers. He's most likely not OU material. I'm hoping that M492 is an excellent move.

I posted this in Shanderaa's thread, considering it's about both Pokemon I figure I'll repost here:

Shanderaa resists Ice and Bug, and is immune to Fighting (3/4 of Waru's main weaknesses) but they do share that last 1/4 (water!), and Shanderaa resists Grass too. Warubiaru resists Dark and Rock, which are problems for Shanderaa.

How Waru and Shanderaa help each other:
- He can lure out stuff like Fighting types or Scizor (Shanderaa's defenses 60/90/90 aren't amazing, I'm not sure how much Bullet Punch would but it does 4x resist X-Scissor) only for Waru to switch to Shadow Tag Shanderaa who can net a fast kill with it's 145 base special, or set up on something.
- Waru Eliminates Pursuit users like Tyranitar for Shanderaa to pull off an easier sweep. Waru resists TTar's STAB and counters with his own SE STAB Earthquake.

I think it's a neat and effective offensive partnership. Shanderaa with Shadow Tag can open plenty of holes in the opponents team for Waru to clean up later, or vice versa (Waru's STAB EQ can weaken the other team only for Shanderaa to clean up with Choice Scarf Fire Blasts). Waru has decent speed, but Shanderaa (Since it cannot use Nitro Charge effectively D:) isn't the fastest. Both benefit from have a third support to paralyze the other team (Something that can cover there Water weaknesses??).

Just theorymoning. Any glaring problems with that match up I looked over?

Shanderaa also takes care of Breloom which can pose a problem to Warubiaru.
I like this partnership a lot. If you add Nattorei to the mix you have a very effective core imo. It can provide T-wave support, as well as cover the weakness to bulky waters by coming in and setting up Spikes/SR. The only problem I see is a huge weakness to Sazando, who can take on both Waru and Shand. Nattorei is a very shaky check to it, though I believe it can survive a Draco Meteor to Fire Blast, allowing it to get a T-Wave off. (Sazando does get DM right?)

Nattorei/Nuttre (I prefer Nuttre personally) does indeed pair very well with this guy. They share weaknesses and tend to attract the same Pokemon (bulky Fighting-types in particular) so packing something to set up on these or simply to remove them is a very good idea. Once powerful Fighting-types are removed a lot of Pokemon have a much easier time including Sazando, most Steel-types and Suicune (which hates the powerful physical moves). Unfortunately, Warubiaru's average defences and decent-but-not-great Speed (though it is amazing for a Ground-type) give him some issues.

Perhaps a Choice Scarf revenge killer/cleaner set?

Warning: the following set may suck as it it based purely on theorymon.

Warubiru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overconfidence
EVs:46 Hp/ 252 Att/ 212 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Pursuit

Choice Scarf allows it to act as a revenge killer, Overconfidence rewards you with +1 attack for every kill.

This is basically a revenge killer set that can also be used as a late game cleaner. Get this thing out late game when you have sufficient knowledge of you're opponent's team, KO one of you're opponents weakned pokemon, boost your Attack and clean. 216 Speed EVs allow you to hit 450 speed, which will allow you to outspeed neutral natured Scarf Flygon and +Spe Natured Rotom, but you could run less seeing as this guy easily takes both of Rotom's STAB.
168 speed EVs allow you to outspeed +1 max Speed Gyarados and +1 max Speed Dragonite and revenge kill them.

Differences with Scarftar:

-Immunity to Thunder Wave
-Higher base Speed
-Easily takes both of Rotom's STAB (resists Ghost and is immune to Electric)
-Gets rewarded with +1 attack for revenge killing

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
:( This thing really deserved more. *Sigh*.

So you were right that it's only boosting move seems to be Bulk Up, which paired with Intimidate can either give Croc +1 Def with the opponent having -1 Atk or a forced switch and free Bulk Up.

Warubiaru's biggest set will likely be Choice Scarf. Note that in terms of power, Adamant Warubiaru is -1 Atk from Jolly Tyranitar while having +40 Speed, which outspeeds most Pokemon barring... Jolly Gyarados after a Dragon Dance. Yeah, that's the real "bad news" about him. Still, he's pretty effective outside of Gyarados. Pursuit is equal in terms of power in comparison to Tyranitar, so that will be great for Choice users locked into a bad move (Electric, Rock, Dark, Psychic) and obtain a free "goodbye present". Intimidate helps with the Rock and Dark-type move locks in particular.

Overconfident seems to be the best ability for it though, since it allows Warubiaru to function as a Pokemon that cleans up lategame. With Overconfident, you're receiving +1 Atk after a kill, which is pretty awesome when it's hard to outspeed you to begin with (those that don't have a Scarf, anyway). Dark is a good lock, and Ground can be too so long as the enemy doesn't have Levitating / Flying-type Pokemon.

Even without a Scarf, this dude is pretty quick. Nothing ecstatic-worthy, but outspeeding base 90s on down is still solid. Bulk Up, sadly, is its only boosting move (seriously what's up with no Swords Dance?), but I guess it's better than nothing. Defensive stats aren't his thing, but +1 Def is... okay... I guess it makes Earthquake a rough 3HKO from Hippowdon. Taunt also stops it from recovery.

Aside from that, it's pretty good. Nothing that screams "will tear OU to shreds", but definitely competitive enough to be slapped onto teams. Choice Scarf seems to be the best way to go IMO since it can't boost itself that well (and I'd even go as far to say as Dragon Dance Tyranitar outclasses Bulk Up Warubiaru). Overconfident is great on the Scarf, but Intimidate has its perks as well (decent check to Lucario while having offense? Not bad).

Let's hear it for Croc!

Really liking the looks of the Overconfidence Scarf idea, it's got a nice variety of stuff it should be able to check and can potentially pick up wins late in matches if your opponents run out of flying types before you run out of crocodile. Intimidate should allow it to do some other stuff, anything that can't KO it after the attack drop will have to be afraid of its hefty power and decent speed. Given how often I've seen the phrase "priority kills this thing" thrown around on this site in discussion of various new potential sweepers, there could be some real merit to Warubiaru in trying to weaken priority users with Intimidate and take them out (Salamence probably outclasses it in that role though). Looks like it could be one of those "just the bare minimum of stats in just the right places to succeed" types. Glad to see this thing has some potential, loved it the moment I saw it so knowing it might be able to back up that badass sprite is nice ^_^

:( This thing really deserved more. *Sigh*.

So you were right that it's only boosting move seems to be Bulk Up, which paired with Intimidate can either give Croc +1 Def with the opponent having -1 Atk or a forced switch and free Bulk Up.

Warubiaru's biggest set will likely be Choice Scarf. Note that in terms of power, Adamant Warubiaru is -1 Atk from Jolly Tyranitar while having +40 Speed, which outspeeds most Pokemon barring... Jolly Gyarados after a Dragon Dance. Yeah, that's the real "bad news" about him. Still, he's pretty effective outside of Gyarados. Pursuit is equal in terms of power in comparison to Tyranitar, so that will be great for Choice users locked into a bad move (Electric, Rock, Dark, Psychic) and obtain a free "goodbye present". Intimidate helps with the Rock and Dark-type move locks in particular.

Overconfident seems to be the best ability for it though, since it allows Warubiaru to function as a Pokemon that cleans up lategame. With Overconfident, you're receiving +1 Atk after a kill, which is pretty awesome when it's hard to outspeed you to begin with (those that don't have a Scarf, anyway). Dark is a good lock, and Ground can be too so long as the enemy doesn't have Levitating / Flying-type Pokemon.

Even without a Scarf, this dude is pretty quick. Nothing ecstatic-worthy, but outspeeding base 90s on down is still solid. Bulk Up, sadly, is its only boosting move (seriously what's up with no Swords Dance?), but I guess it's better than nothing. Defensive stats aren't his thing, but +1 Def is... okay... I guess it makes Earthquake a rough 3HKO from Hippowdon. Taunt also stops it from recovery.

Aside from that, it's pretty good. Nothing that screams "will tear OU to shreds", but definitely competitive enough to be slapped onto teams. Choice Scarf seems to be the best way to go IMO since it can't boost itself that well (and I'd even go as far to say as Dragon Dance Tyranitar outclasses Bulk Up Warubiaru). Overconfident is great on the Scarf, but Intimidate has its perks as well (decent check to Lucario while having offense? Not bad).

Let's hear it for Croc!
Colonel you have read my mind...

Choice Scarf makes it the new ScarfTar in my eyes, just like some else had previously mentioned. It pack as sooo much power, and a scarfed set with E-Spiral can make for an even more pseudo-booster, allowing it to slowing but surely gain a massive advantage over various pokes.

Actually i dont know what else to say other then I would love to see this thing on a sandstorm team for extreme awesomness. I also agree that it's nickname is perfect.

Perhaps a Choice Scarf revenge killer/cleaner set?

Warning: the following set may suck as it it based purely on theorymon.

Warubiru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overconfidence
EVs:46 Hp/ 252 Att/ 212 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Pursuit

Choice Scarf allows it to act as a revenge killer, Overconfidence rewards you with +1 attack for every kill.

This is basically a revenge killer set that can also be used as a late game cleaner. Get this thing out late game when you have sufficient knowledge of you're opponent's team, KO one of you're opponents weakned pokemon, boost your Attack and clean. 216 Speed EVs allow you to hit 450 speed, which will allow you to outspeed neutral natured Scarf Flygon and +Spe Natured Rotom, but you could run less seeing as this guy easily takes both of Rotom's STAB.
168 speed EVs allow you to outspeed +1 max Speed Gyarados and +1 max Speed Dragonite and revenge kill them.

Differences with Scarftar:

-Immunity to Thunder Wave
-Higher base Speed
-Easily takes both of Rotom's STAB (resists Ghost and is immune to Electric)
-Gets rewarded with +1 attack for revenge killing
Exactly what I was thinking! He could easily run though your opponent's team, late or mid game if they are not careful. The Overconfidence ability makes the scarf set beast! unlike other scarf pokes he gets more deadlier with every KO and has to be shut down fast or else. One of my favorites this gen!

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, don't get too excited about Overconfidence. There's definitely merits with Intimidate on a Choice Scarf set since it helps versus priority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)