Warubiaru

XxBraedonxX, he doesn't have one less attack than Tyranitar. He has 17, which IS a big difference. He has about 365 max IIRC, and ttar has 403. Also, TTar has STAB Stone Edge and a lot more resistances, as well as Sand Stream
Jolly 252 Atk ScarfTar = 367 Atk
Adamant 252 Atk ScarfWaru = 366 Atk

If you notice, it was running Adamant instead of Jolly like what ScarfTar generally does. As with Adamant ScarfTar doesn't outspeed Timid Gengar, Timid Starmie, and Modest Alakazam (maybe important once it gets Magic Guard).

Jolly 252 Spe ScarfTar = 364 Spe
Adamant 252 Spe ScarfWaru = 424 Spe

While Adamant ScarfWaru outspeeds all but +speed Agirudaa, and also +1 90s without a speed boosting nature (for revenge kills/countering), plus all Scarf Heatrans. Jolly ScarfWaru speed ties with +1 113s without a boosting nature (Jalorda, thou it wouldn't switch into it anyway)

The 342/256/236 defense of ScarfTar compared to 322/176/176 ScarfWaru make it basically a choice between Speed and Bulk as much as between secondary STABs.

Finish off any counters of this thing, slap on a Scarf and go to town with Overconfidence. I think this is a very potent late-game cleaner, with good attack, usable speed, and good STAB. And NeoSeth, about the Anger Point thing, it's week to Ice Breath (and for the record, it's also weak to Mountain Storm, the other insta-crit move), so you'd probably need an appropriate berry to make it work.
If either is used by, say Scarf Smeargle, it wont really matter if its weak to it, Smeargle has terrible offense.

Finish off any counters of this thing, slap on a Scarf and go to town with Overconfidence. I think this is a very potent late-game cleaner, with good attack, usable speed, and good STAB. And NeoSeth, about the Anger Point thing, it's week to Ice Breath (and for the record, it's also weak to Mountain Storm, the other insta-crit move), so you'd probably need an appropriate berry to make it work.
I figured that would be fairly obvious, so I neglected to say it. :/

how about changing hera for warubiaru (dark/ground crocodile)? it has ES and base 92 speed
If you're comparing Heracross and Krookodile as candidates for Choice Scarf + Moxie, then I'd say that Heracross is a bit better at it, despite its lower Speed in comparison to Krook's, because of stronger STABs (Megahorn, Close Combat) and a bit more of a movepool (Krookodile only has Outrage, Thunder/Fire Fang (which are rarely used) and Stone Edge for coverage).

Krookodile would probably benefit a lot from a substitute set. Being able to switch into common threats like Tyranitar, as well as blocking off electric type attacks and psychic type attacks makes it a very nice partner. The fact it often carries a scarf and that it has good attack instantly puts fear into foes. Behind a sub, Krookodile can carry very good coverage, meaning if the opponent doesn't predict well, you might be starting a chain with Moxie.

Krookodile would probably benefit a lot from a substitute set. Being able to switch into common threats like Tyranitar, as well as blocking off electric type attacks and psychic type attacks makes it a very nice partner. The fact it often carries a scarf and that it has good attack instantly puts fear into foes. Behind a sub, Krookodile can carry very good coverage, meaning if the opponent doesn't predict well, you might be starting a chain with Moxie.
Do you mean something like this?:
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Stone Edge/Dragon Claw
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP or Def/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Salac Berry
Ability: Moxie

Hmm, an Anti Lead would be good!
Warubiaru @ Lum Berry
Taunt
Fire Punch/Protect
Earthquake
Crunch/Protect/Fire Punch
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: ?
EV's:?

Comments: Warubiaru has all the things needed for an anti-lead, taunt, and a SE Attack for common leads. Fire Punch takes care of Forry and Skarm, while protect save you from a fake out or explosion. Crunch is for the occasional Azelf, and EQ takes care of Meta, Rachi, and Heatran. Lum prevents annoying Spores form Breloom and Sleep Powders from Roserade.

I have no idea what the nature or EV's should be. Any help?

^Waruvial doesn't learn Fire Punch, IIRC. Maybe you meant Fire Fang.
The set seems interesting but this pokemon completely dies to Breloom.

Do you mean something like this?:
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Stone Edge/Dragon Claw
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP or Def/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Salac Berry
Ability: Moxie
Yeah, something like this, basically. I'd probably go with lefties if I think I can sub multiple times in one match. Salac Berry is a pretty nice thing to have as well, but I wouldn't rely on subbing down to activate it, since it could get revenge killed easily.

Substitute is basically there to make things a lot more annoying for opponents since the turn they spend breaking it could be the turn you use to break whatever they have out.

^Waruvial doesn't learn Fire Punch, IIRC. Maybe you meant Fire Fang.
The set seems interesting but this pokemon completely dies to Breloom.
Not if it Spores.

That lead set definitely has potential. I would say either:
Jolly
120 HP/ 252 Att/ 136 Spe
Giving you a spread of 363/ 333/ 279

or

Adamant
20 HP/ 252 Att/ 236 Spe
Giving you a spread of 336/ 366/ 279

Both sets allow you to outrun 252 Spe Heatran, the only decision is whether you want bulk or power (I'd prefer Adamant myself in most cases). Intimidate actually makes it pretty bulky since most leads are physical, so I'll probably end up trying it out sometime.

Not if it Spores.

That lead set definitely has potential. I would say either:
Jolly
248 HP/ 252 Att/ 8 Spe
Giving you a spread of 393/ 333/ 279

or

Adamant
20 HP/ 252 Att/ 236 Spe

Both sets allow you to outrun 252 Spe Heatran, the only decision is whether you want bulk or power (I'd prefer Adamant myself in most cases). Intimidate actually makes it pretty bulky since most leads are physical, so I'll probably end up trying it out sometime.
Thanks! I'll test it out a bit!

No SD for this guy? No Sucker Punch? Why u so cold GF?

The other gatr (the feral one) gets SD so it wouldn't be out the question, and Sucker Punch's japanese name is "suprise attack", which is exactly what crocs do.

Both would go along way to helping make this already good Pokemon better.

As an aside, this thing looks SO. BADASS and so 90's it hurts. Check out those shades.

No SD for this guy? No Sucker Punch? Why u so cold GF?

The other gatr (the feral one) gets SD so it wouldn't be out the question, and Sucker Punch's japanese name is "suprise attack", which is exactly what crocs do.

Both would go along way to helping make this already good Pokemon better.

As an aside, this thing looks SO. BADASS and so 90's it hurts. Check out those shades.
Hence GF's nickname--Trollfreak.

Hence GF's nickname--Trollfreak.
Haha, I'm well aware of GF's nickname and trollin' ways, but this is the first time I've actually looked at Krook in depth, and they booth seem like pretty large oversights. Oh well, there's always Grey, which could bring.... Dragon Dance! Imagine the possibilities.

Yeah and then they gave that dragon dance to arceus. I loled.

Back at topic, did lead/Anti-Lead is actualy useful this meta ? Team preview pretty much make me use Tank > SR rather than the old Lead > SR formula

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I really think we should be allowed to theorymon all day about Move Tutors in these threads. It's about as helpful to the metagame as playing Dream World tier, so wynaut? *torllface*

Krook needs Sucker Punch so badly it hurts. It would make Moxie almost worth not using Intimidate.

Yeah and then they gave that dragon dance to arceus. I loled.

Back at topic, did lead/Anti-Lead is actualy useful this meta ? Team preview pretty much make me use Tank > SR rather than the old Lead > SR formula
After testing, the only thing that could be a threat is Aero, and he is RARELY used.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I don't see why this guy isn't used more often as a ground type for a team. He's actually faster than excadrill, and he doesn't need sandstorm to be effective. On a sweeping set, I would recommend using claw sharpen instead of bulk up so stone edge doesn't miss as often.

Which spread worked better out of curiosity?
Adamant
20 HP/ 252 Att/ 236 Spe

Intimidate makes it bulky already, and you can survive a +1 Waterfall from a Max attack Jolly Gyarados on either spread. The extra power really helps in crippling and KO'ing opponents. Both spreads work wonderfully, so this is my final set submission:

Krookodile @ Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 20 HP/ 252 Attack/ 236 Speed
-Taunt
-Fire Fang
-Earthquake
-Crunch/Protect

Taunt works wonders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)