Weavile(not any more) in the Big League

Hello there! For those who do not know, I am Jarc, and this is my Ubers RMT. Not too long ago, I said to myself "I want to try to use a unique pokemon in Ubers, just for the heck of it". So naturally I went to PS and decided to choose Weavile. Since it's relatively weak, I gave it a Choice Band and...POOF. I had me something that allowed me to take out the likes of Giratina, Garchomp, Mewtwo, Latia/os, etc. I then made a team and it worked out ok, but it wasn't enough. So now I turn to you guys to see what I can do to make this team better. Without further delay, here it is:

Latias @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EV's: 112 HP/ 204 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
-Calm Mind
-Recover/Roost
-Dragon Pulse
-Thunder

Latias is my replacement for Weavile, special sweeper #1 and my Kyogre counter. Calm Mind gives Latias more power and makes her very bulky specially. Recover or Roost(I don't know which on is better, any ideas?) lets me gain my health immediately and is an invaluable tool for Calm Mind wars. Dragon Pulse is Latias' tool of destruction after a few boosts, getting STAB, having decent power and accuracy, etc. Thunder allows Latias to smack Kyogre and has awesome coverage with Dragon Pulse. The EV's are standard, enough to outspeed threats, enough to KO PAlkia and enough to eat stuff.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EV's: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature Nature
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Calm Mind
-Scald

Mono-attacker Kyogre is here to bring rain and fight to Ubers. Rest-Talk is an infamous combo that heals you, heals status, and allows you to attack all in one. Rest heals you and puts you to sleep, which sucks(the sleeping part). However, Sleep Talk allows you to abuse the healing and attack while sleeping. Calm Mind makes you more powerful and bulkier on the special side. Scald is its only allack, getting STAB and having a chance to burn. The EV's let Kyogre take hits all day.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Trait: Mold Breaker
EV's: 176 HP / 52 Att / 252 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Rapin Spin
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Excadrill is my support pokemon, making sure my team is not plauged by that horrible Stealth Rock with Rapid Spin. Being a hypocrite(not really), I just said Stealth Rock is horrible yet I use it myself on Excadrill, because its really the best move ever. Earthquake is also one of the best moves ever, and Excadrill gets STAB out of it, so why not? Rock Slide combines with Earthquake to form the Slide/Quake combo, which has near-unresisted coverage, hits a lot of 'mons super effectively, blah blah blah The EV's give Excadrill a lot of bulk, a little power, and speed to outrun base 90s.

Arceus-Ghost
Trait: Multitype
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Judgement
-Focus Blast
-Will-O-Wisp
-Recover

Arceus-Ghost is the support 'mon and my counter to E-Killer. Will-O-Wisp absolutely cripples Arceus, Groudon, Zekrom, those guys. Judgement is its main STAB move, dishing out punishment to for its opponents sins. Focus Blast rounds it out with perfect coverage and hits E-Killer for super effective damage. Recover keeps Arceus-Ghost in the game longer and allows him to better counter stuff. Max speed timid nature outruns Adamant Arceus' and all stuff below that. 252 HP gives it a whole lot of bulk and 4 Def is just there...

Mewtwo @ Expert Belt
Trait: Pressure
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Calm Mind
-Psystrike
-Aura Sphere
-Ice Beam

The original Uber, Mewtwo, makes its appearance in my team as one of my several sweepers. Calm Mind boosts Mewtwo's giant special attack to astronomical levels, and boosts its special defense too. Psystrike fools Blissey and Chansey and is a powerful STAB move in general. Aura Sphere nabs a big hit on the steel and dark types that resist Psystrike, which is really useful. Ice Beam rounds out the other moves by decimating the numerous dragons in Ubers and taking a huge chunk out of Lugia. Expert belt is there to feign choice and get a boost, since you already hit a huge 11 types out of 17 with Mewtwo's moves. The EV's are standard. (lol Mewtwo is the only 'mon that hasn't been changed on this team, he's THAT good!)

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EV's: 248 Att / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
-U-Turn
-Iron Head
-Explosion
-Ice Beam

As suggested by superstar, I gave the boot to Zekrom and Genesect was more than happy to fill in the spot. This guy is my revenge killer and threat check. U-Turn is an awesome STAB move, dealing damage and switching out at the same time, scouting, blah blah blah. Iron Head is a secondary STAB that is more powerful but you don't switch-the flinch chance is awesome. Explosion is basically what Sergeant Johnson from Halo says "send me out, with a bang". Ice Beam is there to pulverize stuff like Rayquaza and Garchomp. The max investment in speed and attack with a Hasty nature allow Genesect to hit as hard and fast as possible, and 8 SpA guarantees the KO on Rayquaza with Ice Beam.

So that's my team. Feel free to rate and luvdisc. Thank you!

CB Weavile/CSpecs Ogre/HC Zekrom/CM EB Mewtwo/Tentacruel/SD Ghostceus

Threats:

Ekiller: No checks. Will KO your whole team. Ghostceus can take a hit but does a pittance with Brick Break.

Kyogre: You have no check. Nothing can take even a Scarfed Water Spout. Zekrom is easily 2HKOd, taking 61-71%, Tentacruel takes 52% minimum, and without Protect you don't have a chance. Ogre can avoid the 2HKO VERY rarely if SR isn't on the field, but it will usually fall and then they will have a field day.

There are plenty of other threats, but these are the main ones. The problem is that your team gives plenty of mechanisms for these threats to come in and sweep. The major problem is that you have no revenge killer; your fastest Poke doesn't even top 490 speed, and you have no priority that will actually do anything to Arceus/Kyogre/Ho-Oh.

So, the first step to fix these issues is to add Choice Scarf Genesect over Zekrom you already have a ton of set-up sweepers, so a Choice Scarf Pokemon to act as a revenge killer will really, really help your team. The physical set with U-Turn, Iron Head, and Explosion is best.

Now, you are still open to Extremkiller, so I would suggest changing your Ghost-Arceus to a more defensive set with Will-O-Wisp

Finally, Weavile has to go. It is simply too hard to check all the Ubers threats with a Pokemon that has as little utility. It is simply set up on by too many mons.Latias would work better as a pivot that can check Kyogre.

Sorry if this is too many changes...The team as you have it can do pretty well against a lot of threats, but it really relies on you setting up before the opponent and that doesn't always happen. If you don't want to replace Weavile, I suppose a Specially Defensive Giratina or Grass Arceus with Will-O-Wisp could work over Ghost Arceus, but up to you. Also Choice Scarf Zekrom is a good option over Genesect if you want to go that route, but I find Genesect helps with momentum more. Terrakion would also be viable there.

Anyway, I'd reccommend you try these out -- especially having a scarf user.

Thank you very much for the highly in-depth rate, superstar! I'm still quite new to Ubers, so my team definetely has a lot of weaknesses. I usually have to play around those pokes with this team, but your suggestions will make it so much easier for me to beat them. Thank you!

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I would suggest changing your sprites/descriptions to their changed ones since it'll make it much easier to read since atm your rmt is just a cluttered mess if you don't take the time to read superstar's comment.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi

At the moment, your team is awfully weak to Dialga; you're gonna need at least 2, if not 3, shots to take it out. In most cases it will also outspeed Kyogre, and Mewtwo takes a huge chunk from Draco Meteor. In addition, most Arceus formes, namely Ghost Arceus, can setup on your team and wreck you completely; Kyogre will not be able to OHKO with Water Spout after it has taken a Judgment. Ho-Oh is also a problem, seeing as you have no Stealth Rock, but it can be played around via very smart play.

To begin with, I greatly recommend using Excadrill > Tentacruel. Excadrill gives you a valuable Dragon check and can beat Dialga, while also spinning away opposing entry hazards and setting your very own Stealth Rock, which helps you keep threats such as Lugia and Ho-Oh checked. Excadrill is probably one of the best offensive rapid spinners out there, it keeps you momentum with its natural force and while it is offensive, it’s quite bulky as well. EVs let you outspeed base 90’s while still being very bulky; Earthquake hits Giratina-O and Latias thanks to Mold Breaker, whereas Rock Slide doesn’t leave you setup bait to Ho-Oh and Rayquaza.
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 176 SDef / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Next, you should definitely change Latias’s EVs. Right now, you are sacrificing too much bulk, and you can’t even tank Choice Scarf Kyogre -- it has quite a chance (28.13%) to 2HKO you with Ice Beam. Therefore, I suggest using 112 HP / 204 SpA / 192 Spe. Those EVs allow you to OHKO Palkia with Dragon Pulse, outspeed everything up to Garchomp, and Choice Scarf Kyogre will never 2HKO you without Stealth Rock.

To remedy your weaknesses to Ho-Oh and Calm Mind Arceus, I recommend changing Kyogre’s set. Choice Specs is an amazing set indeed, it packs so much power, but I believe that it does not support your team as it can. Instead, I recommend the Mono-Attacker set. With RestTalk and Calm Mind you can effectively counter Arceus by engaging the Calm Mind war, and probably win thanks to Scald’s burn rate. RestTalk also increases by far Kyogre’s lifespan, making it easier for you to win the weather war, and by that checking threats such as Excadrill and Ho-Oh.
Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SDef
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Scald

Lastly, you should defnitely go with Focus Blast > Flamethrower. This way you can actually damage Extreme Killer Arceus, and you don't miss out damage on Ferrothorn and such due to rain. Also, move those 4 HP EVs to SpA on Genesect; this may seem very redundant, but it actually ensures you the KO on Rayquaza with Ice Beam at +0. Drop Flamethrower; it's not worth it in rain.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the rates! To answer your question, Haruno, I put a note on the bottom of the RMT that said I would finish editing tommorrow since I had to go at that time, I'll edit right now. Also, thank you for the rate Furai! my team has gotten much better with these rates, thanks everyone.

I recommend changing Genesect's EV spread to 248 Atk / 8 SAtk / 252 Spe if you want to keep full speed, since this allows you to get 2 extra SAtk points at +1, while losing only 1 Atk point at +1 (after a Download). If you couldn't care less about speed-tying enemy Genesects, then you can use 252 Atk / 32 SAtk / 224 Spe to outspeed +1 DDRay. Also change Genesect's nature to Naive/Hasty since you don't wanna weaken its Ice Beam and Genesect is rather frail.

On Excadrill, I suggest using Swords Dance > Rock Slide, since Shaymin-S and Rayquaza are dealt with by Genesect and Ho-oh cannot get past the combination of Ghostceus, Mewtwo and Kyogre. With Swords Dance, you have a much higher chance of getting past the spinblockers, since that is Excadrill's purpose (which is spinning), and an unboosted Earthquake doesn't do enough to KO them and they can happily Will-O-Wisp, rendering you near useless. I also recommend changing its EV spread to 176 HP / 52 Atk / 252 SDef / 28 Spe to outspeed Giratina-O and increase special bulk due to your high HP and low SDef.

On Excadrill, I suggest using Swords Dance > Rock Slide, since Shaymin-S and Rayquaza are dealt with by Genesect and Ho-oh cannot get past the combination of Ghostceus, Mewtwo and Kyogre. With Swords Dance, you have a much higher chance of getting past the spinblockers, since that is Excadrill's purpose (which is spinning), and an unboosted Earthquake doesn't do enough to KO them and they can happily Will-O-Wisp, rendering you near useless. I also recommend changing its EV spread to 176 HP / 52 Atk / 252 SDef / 28 Spe to outspeed Giratina-O and increase special bulk due to your high HP and low SDef.
I really don't think you should add SD over Rock Slide. Ho-Oh is going to do a TON to Kyogre and Mewtwo if it gets a Sub up. The less set-up opportunities it gets, the better.

I really don't think you should add SD over Rock Slide. Ho-Oh is going to do a TON to Kyogre and Mewtwo if it gets a Sub up. The less set-up opportunities it gets, the better.
Ho-oh can only get a Sub on Genesect locked into Iron Head / Ice Beam, then fails to do anything to Ghostceus, which breaks its Sub with Judgement.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ho-oh can only get a Sub on Genesect locked into Iron Head / Ice Beam, then fails to do anything to Ghostceus, which breaks its Sub with Judgement.
And on Excadrill if you forego Rock Slide for Swords Dance. Ghostceus won't do shit to Ho-Oh so you're plain wrong. Not to mention, look at the bigger threat--Genesect; any smart player will not setup on Excadrill knowing that Genesect is alive. Rayquaza can just smack both Excadrill and Genesect--which would probably switch in--with Fire Blast and then it's game.

Don't give up on Rock Slide or Ho-Oh and Rayquaza will be even more of a threat.

Thingsare looking pretty legit. I suggest adding more speed to latias. A fully invested speed EV Palkia can take you out with an outrage. And Specially defensive Diagla will just roar you away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)