Multi Gen Weekend Tours (Season 3): PLAYOFFS - WON BY POHJIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this thing on watch but I don't get notified when people post. That sucks.

I've decided to grant Sweep and Haxiom an extension until 11:59PM Wednesday EST. Pls get it done.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for the lack of communication in general; though communications between Sweep and myself were a bit mediocre, Sweep probably deserves the activity win because I did a pretty poor job with my availability. Apologies for wasting everyone's time D:

WhiteLion

Banned deucer.
ROUND 2
Pohjis v Sweep- The luckiest man on the planet vs the unluckiest man
HaxED v March Fires- I am rooting for tape

Sweep and I will play tomorrow on Saturday 4pm GMT-5/9pm GMT+0/11pm GMT+2.

e. Sorry guys, we will have to postpone the series by a day or two. We will get this done before the deadline.

Last edited:
I beat Sweep in two games, especially the DPP game was really nice and we both learned something knew. Thank you Sweep for the series, I will try to get this done by this weekend if it is fine with March Fires.

Shout-outs to Iris for the DPP team and benbe and hyw testing with me without knowing that. Evuelf already got one from round one but huge thank you for the team once again.

Game 1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-348744024
Game 2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ubers-348751343

e. Since it is Eastern this weekend, we might have to postpone it by a week.

Last edited:
Looks like I wasn't the fan favourite but I managed to pull through versus my opponent March Fires and winning in two games. In the first game (GEN4) I feel that I almost choked with Kabutops but luckily invested scarf Kyogre pulled through. Game two was really haxy and March Fires was really nice providing a rematch. The rematch (GEN5) was also haxy and maybe it was really suiting that I would get a critical hit with my Arceus' last +6 Extreme Speed on his Skarmory after losing the 50-50. My good friend Serga was almost correct. Thank you March Fires for the series and being a really good sportsman.

Game 1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-350359223
Game 2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ubers-350365555

This season of weekend tour(s) has taught me a lot. Even though the season was really stressful, especially not getting even to top four in weekly tournaments for more than ten weeks, it was too a really enjoyable and teaching experience. I have got to into older generations and especially I have really enjoyed playing DPP ubers. BW2 ubers is a really cool generation too and both of them are really different from the current ORAS ubers generation. I have learned to respect the old generation's metagames and I think more people should get into playing them regardless them being old-fashioned.

Huge thank you to Lord Outrage for hosting for the first nine weeks and Aurora hosting the remaining 16 weeks and playoffs. Both of you did a great job hosting weekly tournaments and because of that the ubers player base has increased a lot from last spring and summer when I started to play ubers more competitively. The ubers community is thankful to you two for that.

This is the win I needed. It is definitely not a tournament win like Ubers Open or a seasonal but it is a win that I respect and worked hard for. This season of weekend tour(s) was a huge success in many ways and I hope to be back for next season, either as a player or in a different role. Thank you again to everyone who made this season a great experience.

e. I don't know how to use that hide command and almost forgot to give a few shout-outs to people who I think deserves them. Iris for helping teaching DPP ubers and giving me the best teams. hyw and benbe playing a lot of games in the past generations and always helping me when I really needed it. Magermilchpuur and ShadowQuinn for being great users. Gunner Rohan, Serga, Mysterious M, samqian2 and others, who I can't remember at 4.31 am -_-, who helped me during the regular season with ORAS stuff. Last one to Hack who played test games before the finals and has helped me improving as a player. I really appreciate the help and advice you guys have given me. I am still relatively new player and I am still learning and trying to improve as a player and a as person.

I should stop writing too long posts. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
That concludes Season 3 of Weekend Tours! Congratulations to Pohjis on his victory and everybody else who made play-offs; making the Top 8 after a gruelling 25 week-long series is an extremely difficult achievement that is not for the faint of heart.

Above all, I thank everybody who participated in these Weekend Tours. Without your participation, there would have been no interesting games, luckless runs, tasty drama or Venusian pressure to make playoffs in the dying weeks. I hope you all had fun and I hope you all got something out of it, whether it be learning how to play a foreign generation or proving yourself as an Ubers player.

Special thanks to Lord Outrage for hosting for the first nine weeks, PoMMan and absdaddy for taking over when I had no Internet connection and the various Ubers room auth members that helped out throughout. Your help was and is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)