weird habits that you have

Well, obviously we're all unique in some way - and each of us probably have our own little quirks that are really strange, off-putting, confusing, or some combination thereof.

Have some strange food ritual? Compulsively wall-sit when brushing your teeth? Sing the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire theme song every day after work for no real reason? Spill your guts, Smogon.

Personally I tend to crack the knuckles on my toes [dunno what they're called] and instead of eating at lunch time I walk around for half an hour to an hour usually because I get some really weird need to move around at that time.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I will grab a pen. Take off the pen cap. And fidget and fidget and fidget and spin it and do this for hours. I can't stop, it just is impossible too. When I see a pen in class I will stop what i'm doing and fiddle with it. It's like pen-sex but different.

When I stretch my arms I often pop out my shoulder out of it's socket.

also yeah cracking my fingers(knuckles?) so that they bend all the way to the back of my hand.

I have a HUGE knuckle cracking habit. It's bad to the point where all I have to do it clench my fist and I crack all my knuckles at once on that hand, sans the thumb. I can do it indefinitely as well. I'm pretty sure there's something not so healthy about that.

Other than that, I will, without fail, buy a can of tea from the vending machine at my school every morning, regardless. Even if I don't feel thirsty, or if I already had something to drink just that morning, I will always get tea. This is another thing I'm worried about.

I just do it naturally, really. I'm the only one in my family who's double jointed I think.

Perhaps I should post a picture later, assuming I can find someone to hold the camera and not shit themselves.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
whenever a paper at school has me filling out my class period, my mind invariably goes blank and i look at my watch, as if it will somehow have information about whether i am in first or third period at that time.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I crack my knuckles all the time, like some others have said.

Also, I often walk around while I eat. Like eating a sandwich with one hand as I walk circles around a counter or something.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I often push on my right index finger until it hurts (no idea why), and I often crack my wrists.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Whenever I take a phone call that isn't in my car, I tend to pace around a whole lot and wave my hands as if the person on the other line can see me.

I don't dip my chicken fingers in honey mustard. I dip them in mashed potatoes. I do the same with popcorn shrimp cept in mac and cheese. No idea when this began.

I don't dip my chicken fingers in honey mustard. I dip them in mashed potatoes. I do the same with popcorn shrimp cept in mac and cheese. No idea when this began.
reminds me of how i used to dip my french fries in frosties from wendy's before i became lactose intolerant. it was good, but the soy ice cream i eat now? sooooooo much better omg please try soy ice cream if you are not allergic i swear you will not regret it.
/sorry for random tangent

My shoulder joint slides into the socket so once every few hours I have to essentially 'dislocate' my shoulder in order to get full movement back. It sucks when you try to reach for something in a tight space and your arm only has 40% of its full movement.

-I habitually crack my knuckles the second I feel pressure in the joints, it can range between 2 minutes and a few hours.
-Whenever I'm not thinking I twirl objects in my hand, pens, cell phones, keys, etc.
-When I get into a car I always tap the door after I shut it, and I always smack the stick shift after shifting into a gear to make sure it actually is in that gear.

Sometimes I bite my nails, it's not very manly.

I can crack every joint in my body, which I do on what seems to be an hourly basis.

I also will lose focus and rub the back of my teeth with my tongue.

I don't eat licorice by chewing it. I suck them like a vampire draining them of their sweet red essence.
reminds me of how i sometimes make slurping noises when i'm using an hp draining move like giga drain on an opponent.

don't judge. :c

If I get my socks wet or my shirt stained I have to immediately or as soon as possible change out of it. I can't ever leave the kitchen without checking the cupboards I know have nothing new in them, nor the fridge, and if I use the faucet I'll walk away then swing back to make sure I turned it off, check the fridge door too. I'll check the door to the house when I leave to make sure it's locked three or so times. Whenever I download something, I double check the download box and the folder its in when I finish just to make sure.

I could go on.

I also twirl and fidget with small objects in my hand, especially if I'm not focused on anything atm.

My first car had a bad flywheel so it randomly wouldn't start and would make a very loud and embarrasing noise. I would always leave the car door open before starting that car. I'm on my fourth car and don't have said issue, but I still leave my door open before starting up to this day.

Lurking Smogon has become a TERRIBLE habit lately in the big scheme of things (said no Smogonite ever) :(

I think I purposely don't keep a watch as an accessory because when I do have one I'm constantly looking at the time for no reason, which worries me. I don't do this with my phone bcoz not as convenient etc

I constantly snack on favorite foods even when I'm not the slightest bit hungry.

*looks at newly formed gut*

I am paying for it dearly :(

Stopping b/c tangent

EDIT

If I get my socks wet or my shirt stained I have to immediately or as soon as possible change out of it. I can't ever leave the kitchen without checking the cupboards I know have nothing new in them, nor the fridge. I'll check the door to the house when I leave to make sure it's locked three or so times.
Me too.

i ALWAYS have to be crossing my legs when im sitting in a chair and because of that my legs are not in their best state of health :(

lol Outlaw that's sounds like minor paranoia. Don't get me wrong I often check the fridge even if nothing is in there, it's just like I magically expect something to disappear I guess.

Another one for the topic. Whenever I get into a seat on a roller coaster I always tap my pockets for my keys, my phone, and my wallet, then press the lap bar/restraint (depends on the roller coaster) to make sure it engages properly. On some older looping coasters I also do as many pull ups as I can before they release the restraints (they get locked in the open position for boarding/unboarding) so that riders can get checked, last time I did it I got 8.

If I go to someone's house, I need to go to their bathroom to "wash my hands". I then judge the entire family on how their bathroom is arranged and how it looks.

Like a lot of the other posters I am another knuckle cracker. I crack 2 knuckles on each finger (besides thumbs) and also crack my toes pretty much any time I think about it that's been a few minutes since I last did it.

I always scratch around my mosquito bites. Scratching a lump feels weird.

Pacing with a laptop.

I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear! (yeah I wear shorts whenever I can get away with it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)