Welcome Home( peaked top 50 in one server, top 20 in another)

This is my second and most successful RMT! I don't feel like I can label this team because while I feel it is stallish is really isn't. It has traces of many different styles of playing and just revolves around the great synergy my team has and the fact that this team is designed to counter the great threats that Gen5 has to offer.

@ Focus Sash
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Magical Leaf
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I play dreamworld so Roserade is my lead 100% of thee time. Toxic spikes is crucial for this teams success and when you pair that with a semi accurate sleeping move, 1-2 layers is almost guaranteed. As for any hazard inducing lead, Espeon is the bane of this particular set. It does great against most weather starters except for Ninetales, who I immediately switch into heatran. I choose technician and magical leaf because it is pretty much a grass type aura sphere and leaf storm -2 and giga drains low bp are turnoffs. Hp ice for dragons and the many unsuspecting Gliscors. I went with a more offensive set and focus sash because while it has defensive moves it also has 135 spa! this helps it to set up and attack when she has too.
@ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 255 HP / 20 Atk / 232 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Roar
Skamory is the first of my physical walls. He helps against many top tier threats such as Excadrill and Dragonite and he helps me get in more entry hazards in the form of spikes which helps in the long run. Max hp and 232 def ensures Haxorus choice band outrage doesn't 2HKO from full health and the extra attack evs are for just for extra kick. He has great synergy with my gliscor because while he takes strong dragon attacks, Gliscor takes strong fighting type moves. Having a phazer help against setup boosters who think they can setup on some of my slower/weaker Pokemon. he also walls mamoswine who can give this team trouble. Moveset is average with roar because I can.
@ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic
My favorite pokemon on my team. Completely shuts down Thundurus, Rotom-H, Starmie, Politoed, Zapdos, and specs Kindra. He walls so many things so excellently and the fact that he has an instant recovery move is awesome. Max hp and spd evs mean he can switch into a specs draco meteor and recover because the following draco meteor fails to ko! He takes electric attacks aimed at Skamory and water type moves aim at Heatran and Gliscor. Earth power for good stab and ice beam for dragons and breloom switch ins. Seriously this Pokemon is just an awesome special wall and with toxic in the form of spikes and the move, he can stall opposing special attackers with ease.
@ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This is your average Heatran. Max speed and special attack with a timid nature to out speed neutral base 85's and to hurt pretty much anything that doesn't resist fire blast. Earth power is standard and hp ice is for dragons and the kami trio. I couldn't fit stealth rock anywhere else so I gave it to Heatran who always finds a time to set it up due to the switches he causes. He takes fire type attacks aimed at Roserade and Skamory and ice type attacks aim at Gliscor. He is also a very good check against Genesect bar a specs plus 1 thunderbolt. He also decimates the most used ou pokemon that is Ferrothorn!
@ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Fling
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
Gliscor has always been a member of any team I make. He's is just perfect for what he does. A physical wall and a pseudo toxic staller. Ev's are very standard but I might go back to full def for more insurance. Fling is for the numerous Rotom and Thundurus switches I get. Toxic spikes doesn't effect them so fling helps to keep the poison spread. Protect is for stalling while their hp is drained and the coverage moves are standard with acrobatics for its improved base power after fling and to OHKO Breloom and Toxicroak. He takes fighting moves aimed at Heatran, ground moves aimed at Tyranitar and is just an all around good back up physical wall in case Skamory goes down. With all the new fighting type Pokemon this gen, Gliscor's role on this team is too important to overlook.
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
ScarfTar was a common sight in Gen4 but has seen less usage in Gen5. I don't know why but this set imo is definitely superior to that special def Tyranitar. It is a great check to many Pokemon like Latios, Thundurus, and opposing Tyranitar but his greatest asset to this team is to keep weather in check. Obviously this isn't a sand team but the real reason I use this Tyranitar is to simply keep pokemon like Venasuar or Ludicolo in check. With a scarf and entry hazards, he can easily ko Pokemon before they can eve touch him. Max attack and speed with a jolly nature lets me outspeed positive base 115's. Takes fire attacks and physic attacks aimed at Skamory and Roserade. It is also a decent check to trick room reinculus who can give this team some issues.

All in all, this team has done wonders for me. Top 100 on two serves within two days is quite something. This team is less about utilizing top tier Pokemon but more about countering them. All weathers are checked, sweepers are stopped and stall is countered due to the stall elements found in my team. I honestly think this team is almost perfect considering I haven't lost in a while but please any and all suggestions are welcome.

I would switch roar to whirlwind on Skarmory so you can still phaze out all those sound proof pokemon. Because there are so many of them...

I tried to but I didn't know how. I don't really get iv's so if you or anybody could pm me on how to get Roserades hp ice to bp 60 that would be great!

by giving Roserade the IV's HP:31/Atk:31/Def:27/SpAtk:29/SpDef:31/Spe:30 It'll have HP Ice with a base power of 59. That'll be close enough :)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I presume this is a semistall team? Due to your trillion entry hazards, you don't want to lay down Stealth Rocks, 3 layers of Spikes, and 2 layers of Toxic Spikes only for an annoying Starmie or Tentacruel to ruin your fun would you? It seems most of Gliscor's roles are already emulated by Skarmory making it the most expendable. Instead you can add a Jellicent, who can act as your spinblocker, but still check most fighting types (Gliscor's other roles) and you wont be screwed hard by one of those random fighting types that pack an Ice move. Helps against opposing stall teams as well.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold
248 Hp/ 216 Def/ 44 Spe
Scald
Toxic/ Will-o-Wisp
Taunt
Recover

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)