We're Gonna Have Ourselves a MoneyParty!! [OU WiFi / Shoddy]

The Team: Moltres, Celebi, Vaporeon, Gengar, Sandslash, Lucario.
Team Strengths: Synergy.
Team Weaknesses: Team untested.

Team Finance is back!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon #1: Moltres, the Flame Pokemon.
Nickname: MoneyParty.
Held Item: Choice Scarf.
Trait: Pressure.
Nature: Hasty. (+Spe, -Def.)
EV's: 252SpAtk / 242Spe / 16Atk.
- Fire Blast.
- Hidden Power: Ice.
- Air Slash.
- U-turn.

About Moltres: He's my lead against Mence but sadly, not to enough speed to counter ScarfGon and ScarfMin with HP: Ice. Next, my other favorite move, U-turn is a great scout move in case I were to escape from Heatran. Air Slash to flinch, and Fire Blast instead of Overheat will be my STAB move against Celebi. I'm not gonna take any chances with that move just to KO one Poke, which will eventually drop my Sp.Atk by two levels.

Moltres at a Team Player: Not only that it's a great lead, but as a scout, it's not that bad.

Pokemon #2: Celebi, the Time Travel Pokemon.
Nickname: Seed III.
Held Item: Leftovers.
Trait: Natural Cure.
Nature: Bold. (+Def, -Atk.)
EV's: 252 HP / 220Def / 36 Spe.
- Thunder Wave.
- Grass Knot.
- Leech Seed.
- Recover.

About Celebi: This is one Pokemon that I want to try it off. It's strengths and counterability will serve this team well. For the attacks: Leech Seed, Thunder Wave, and Recover will allow me to basically stall, meaning, paralyzing and HP draining is what this Celebi moveset is considered for - not to mention HP healing from certain attacks like Metagross, for example; and Grass Knot is for Swampert, and perhaps Suicune.

Celebi as a Team Player: Celebi is, obviously, a team supporter, and Natural Cure, as well as stalling, plays a great role for slowing down a battle or two.

Pokemon #3: Vaporeon, the Bubble Jet Pokemon.
Nickname: SubMariner.
Trait: Water Absorb.
Nature: Bold. (+Def, -Atk.)
EV's: 188HP / 252Def / 70SpAtk.
- Wish.
- Hidden Power: Electric.
- Surf.
- Protect.

About Vaporeon: The Sub Mariner, my Vappy, will protect me from certain threats like Heatran, Gyarados, and possibly MixApe. Wish and Protect gives it a two-turn HP gain, except when it to be confronted by Machamp and its No Guard ability. As for the attacks: HP: Electric is strictly for Gyara so no doubt about it, it'll be ready for it; and Surf for STAB.

Vaporeon as a Team Player: The Sub Mariner's job is separated into two things: Both as a WishPasser, and as an anti-GyaraTran attacker.

Pokemon #4: Gengar, the Shadow Pokemon.
Nickname: Diabolique.
Held Item: Choice Scarf.
Trait: Levitate.
Nature: Naive. (+Spe, -SpD)
EV's: 252SpAtk / 252Spe / 4Atk.
- Hidden Power: Ice.
- Shadow Ball.
- Thunderbolt.
- Explosion.

About Gengar: This will serves me as Revenge killer. Explosion for Bliss - that is, if I am lucky to KO it. Shadow Ball for STAB; and Hidden Power: Ice, (formerly Hypnosis) to outspeed
Dragons except Kingdra.
-Special thanks to Orion for the suggestion on HP:Ice.

Gengar as a Team Player: It's role is, like I said, to revenge kill.

Pokemon #5: Sandslash, the Mouse Pokemon.
Nickname: Knuckles.
Trait: Sand Veil.
Nature: Impish. (+Def, -SpAtk.)
EV's: 252HP / 252Def / 4Spe.
- Stealth Rock.
- Knock Off.
- Earthquake.
- Rapid Spin.

About Sandslash: I have to have another supporter for this team, and Knuckles fits the bill. Knock Off is just for those bulky Pokemon like Vappy, Swampert, Snorlax, Bronzong, Clefable, Milotic, and especially Blissey. Earthquake to knock out Luke, Rapid Spin to clear out Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock, for my Moltres sake. Which leaves Stealth Rock for the set-up.

Sandslash as a Team Player: Slash will absorb some ground physical attacks for the time being.

Pokemon #6: Lucario, the Aura Pokemon.
Nickname: Financier.
Held Item: Life Orb.
Trait: Steadfast.
Nature: Jolly. (+Spe, -SpAtk.)
EV's: 252Atk, 252Spe, 4HP.
- Swords Dance.
- ExtremeSpeed.
- Ice Punch.
- Close Combat.

About Lucario: Ahhhh Financier, the finisher, the leader of Team Finance.
Jolly may outspeed regular Salamence with Ice Punch, and ExtremeSpeed can take out some Pokes with lower HP; and Close Combat for STAB. However, itl'll really get it going with Swords Dance, and let the mayhem begin.

Lucario as a Team Player: He's the core of Team Finance - like I said. There's no other reason than that.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Just saying that your team can use some special bulk. all your 'defensive' pokemon have high defense, but not really much sp. def on any of them. I would consider that you change your natures/Evs a bit, such as giving calm natures and such.
Also, I wouldn't really go with choice scarf on gengar. Life Orb looks better on a standard gengar. If you want to keep the scarf, you may want to use trick over explosion.
Hope this helped and thanks for your time.

Just saying that your team can use some special bulk. all your 'defensive' pokemon have high defense, but not really much sp. def on any of them. I would consider that you change your natures/Evs a bit, such as giving calm natures and such.
Also, I wouldn't really go with choice scarf on gengar. Life Orb looks better on a standard gengar. If you want to keep the scarf, you may want to use trick over explosion.
Hope this helped and thanks for your time.
Yeah I could use a Special Wall, but I'll work on this team.
And also, thanks for the suggestion on LOgar.

On Celebi, Earth Power might just be an equally good move as Leech Seed, as you then can hammer incoming Heatrans and Metagrosses. I have personally never seen much use in Leech Seed really, and believe that Celebi has better options. You can also opt for Perish Song, which prevents sweeps, stops BP-chains, and makes Pokémon like Blissey be unable to stay in for a longer period of time.

Hypnosis' lower accuracy in Platinum makes it a way too risky move to effectively use. The other thing, is Hypnosis on a Scarfed Pokémon is more or less useless. If you replace it with HP Ice, you can revengkill that Salamence that managed to get a Dragon Dance under its belt.

As for Sandslash, Donphan is a similar Pokémon, it just does the job a lot better, due to better defenses.

For your team overall, I think fast and powerful sweepers, like Gengar, can give you issues. It can OHKO or 2HKO all of your Pokémon with a Life Orb, and you only have Moltres and Gengar that can revengekill it, both KOd by Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball.
Zapdos is also a Pokémon you won't enjoy particulary much, since it can outstall or simply 2HKO every single one of your Pokémon.

To remedy that, a Blissey or Tyranitar can be very good. Tyranitar is a bit risky, as it needs 252/252 SpDef and Careful nature to be able to live Gengars Focus Blast. Blissey is perhaps the best choice, but it doesn't really fill any role that you don't already have.
I think that if you replace Vaporeon with Blissey, that problem is solved. Blissey can Wish just like Vappy. Then MixApe becomes a problem however, so I would add a Tentacruel over Sandslash/Donphan. You still have Rapid Spin, MixApe is not an issue, and Tentacruel also get Knock Off.

The first thing I noticed is that Donphan completely outclasses Sandslash, no matter how you look at it. Donphan beats it in Attack, HP and Defense - the three most important attributes for a physical supporter and can run exactly the same moveset. Putting Donphan in over Sandslash will do nothing but help your team.

With Moltres, Gengar and Vaporeon covering Salamence and Gliscor, Lucario can then be free to use Crunch over Ice Punch which can significantly help your sweep if a Rotom/Celebi/Dusknoir/Spiritomb comes in to try and wall you (which happens quite a lot).

As I said earlier, Scarfmin, or SubSkymin can give you some problems, but putting HP Ice on ScarfGar over Hypnosis should go a long way towards relieving your team of that problem.

Vaporeon might want to run Ice Beam over Hidden Power Electric since Celebi already covers most Gyarados well.

Hypnosis's accuracy has been significantly downgraded, so there really isn't too much use for it anymore. Gengar could run Focus Blast to hit non-Bullet Punch Lucario for the OHKO and seriously dent normal and rock types, or you could go with HP Ice for some more insurance against Salamence and Flygon (not to mention Skymin who can give your team a good deal of trouble).

On Celebi, Earth Power might just be an equally good move as Leech Seed, as you then can hammer incoming Heatrans and Metagrosses. I have personally never seen much use in Leech Seed really, and believe that Celebi has better options. You can also opt for Perish Song, which prevents sweeps, stops BP-chains, and makes Pokémon like Blissey be unable to stay in for a longer period of time.

Hypnosis' lower accuracy in Platinum makes it a way too risky move to effectively use. The other thing, is Hypnosis on a Scarfed Pokémon is more or less useless. If you replace it with HP Ice, you can revengkill that Salamence that managed to get a Dragon Dance under its belt.

As for Sandslash, Donphan is a similar Pokémon, it just does the job a lot better, due to better defenses.

For your team overall, I think fast and powerful sweepers, like Gengar, can give you issues. It can OHKO or 2HKO all of your Pokémon with a Life Orb, and you only have Moltres and Gengar that can revengekill it, both KOd by Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball.
Zapdos is also a Pokémon you won't enjoy particulary much, since it can outstall or simply 2HKO every single one of your Pokémon.

To remedy that, a Blissey or Tyranitar can be very good. Tyranitar is a bit risky, as it needs 252/252 SpDef and Careful nature to be able to live Gengars Focus Blast. Blissey is perhaps the best choice, but it doesn't really fill any role that you don't already have.
I think that if you replace Vaporeon with Blissey, that problem is solved. Blissey can Wish just like Vappy. Then MixApe becomes a problem however, so I would add a Tentacruel over Sandslash/Donphan. You still have Rapid Spin, MixApe is not an issue, and Tentacruel also get Knock Off.
That's what I was thinking about adding Tentacruel. My first suggestion for the team was really Donphan because of Seed Bomb, but yeah, definitely, Bliss and Cruel > Vappy and Slash.

I'll do that after a little testing.

On another note, I received a Timid Celebi so I'll work on that later. Thanks, dude for the major help.

The first thing I noticed is that Donphan completely outclasses Sandslash, no matter how you look at it. Donphan beats it in Attack, HP and Defense - the three most important attributes for a physical supporter and can run exactly the same moveset. Putting Donphan in over Sandslash will do nothing but help your team.

With Moltres, Gengar and Vaporeon covering Salamence and Gliscor, Lucario can then be free to use Crunch over Ice Punch which can significantly help your sweep if a Rotom/Celebi/Dusknoir/Spiritomb comes in to try and wall you (which happens quite a lot).

As I said earlier, Scarfmin, or SubSkymin can give you some problems, but putting HP Ice on ScarfGar over Hypnosis should go a long way towards relieving your team of that problem.

Vaporeon might want to run Ice Beam over Hidden Power Electric since Celebi already covers most Gyarados well.

Hypnosis's accuracy has been significantly downgraded, so there really isn't too much use for it anymore. Gengar could run Focus Blast to hit non-Bullet Punch Lucario for the OHKO and seriously dent normal and rock types, or you could go with HP Ice for some more insurance against Salamence and Flygon (not to mention Skymin who can give your team a good deal of trouble).
OK I'll take out Hypnosis for HP: Ice for Gengar, and take out IPunch for Crunch as you suggested later. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)