What Pokemon do you think is going to have the most effect in BW?

Please don't accuse Shanderaa of being overhyped. If you assume it gets offensive moves beyond its STAB's, it could theoretically be getting two or three kills a game EASILY.
Sure, like you said, its STAB's have immunities. SO? It barely has to worry about that since the opponent can't switch out!
To say it has a "good chance to revenge kill" is silly. The other pokemon you mentioned can only revenge kill if the opponent doesn't switch. Yep, you'd worry about being set up on. Assuming it gets flamethrower instead of Overheat though, you can just sac it if required with the assumption the opponent doesn't want to be KO'd by 145 SpA

On the other hand there are a lot of things limitting its effect on the metagame which might keep it in OU for a while. Doryuuzu is the biggest one, potentially outspeeding Deoxys speed form and hitting like a truck. Tyranitar should be common, but one of the absolute biggest problems is the crocodile thing. With Pursuit (again if it gets it - it should do) this can simply trap, kill and get an attack boost.

Apart from that, I see this metagame being defined between two major forces: Dragons and Rock/Steel/Ground offense, which also leads to Rain teams with Politoed.

A pokemon I'm surprised no one's brought up is the Dark/Fighting pokemon with the same ability as the crocodile. Its attack is fairly poor (90 I think) but it has very good bulk and probably pursuit too.

The base 145 speed pokemon, whatever its called, could define the early game if it gets Taunt or SR to go with U-turn.

Finally, this is slightly off topic, but SR should actually become marginally less useful compared to Spikes.

Finally, the oft-forgotten Politoed gets a claim to fame. I've always liked him; it's quite sad when people completely forget he exists.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Shanderaa does get CM, yeah.

Guys, please stop hyping Ononokusu. It's outclassed by Chomp (or Mence for DD).

Waribiaru is GANGSTA. Nuff said.

I think there might be a rise in sandstorm teams, due particularly to Doryuzuu, and that awesome Sand Throw ability.
And yes, Warabiaru with his base 117 attack is very threatening.

I think you see Doryuuzu the wrong way. You forget Sand Power, which increases both its STABs and gives it a more powerful EdgeQuake combo to work with. As a given, I bet it learns Rock Polish by TM, unless they changed it for some other crap. In a permanent Sandstorm, it can have double STAB Steel/Ground, which isn't bad coverage, +2 Spe after 1 turn, all working off 135 base Atk. And you still have space for Stone Edge for Gyarados. In my opinion it could be a lethal force especially with Tyranitar/Hippowdon support.

And Agiruudaa (the ninja clam) is gonna be one wicked scout if it has Taunt and Toxic.

By the way, there's been talk of Choice items going out the window. Does anyone know for sure? Because it'll screw over many potential killers like the 20 Spe Steel/Bug jousting thing getting Banded, Shadow Tag revenge Shanderaa, heck, even Scarf Doryuuzu if you want.

I'm baffled as to why no one has mentioned Basurao or Hihidaruma yet.

With Politoed getting drizzle and Ninetails getting drought, both Basurao and Hihi are going to dominate as sweepers.

Basurao, for example, gets Adaptability and learns Aqua Tail by level up. 92/98 Atk and Spe is a scary thought once you give Basurao a Jolly nature and Choice Band. Suddenly you're wielding a beast with 427 Atk, 322 Spe, and Aqua Tail with a base of 270.

Even more horrifying is Hihidaruma coming in on Ninetails' Drought.
Hihi gets Encourage which negates all secondary effects on its attacks and raises the power of the attacks in return, and learns Flare Blitz by level up WITHOUT RECOIL.

105/140/95 HP/ATK/SPE is a horrifying combo, and with a STAB, Encourage AND Sunny Day boosted Flare Blitz, Hihi is going to be packing a move with a base of 450 and no recoil.

Think about that for a second. An Adamant Hihi with a Choice Scarf would have 416 ATK, and 435 SPE and a Flare Blitz with a base of 450.

And if people start using that set, it only makes Chandelar with Flash Fire even more horrifying. Switching in on Hihi's Flare Blitz with a Flash Fire Chandelar would be devastating, to say the least.

Aianto deserves more mention. His attack, defense, and speed stats are great, he naturally learns his best stabs, iron head and x-scissor, and he has Hustle, which makes his attacks effectively 144 power, with life orb is 187. While his accuracy and sp. defenses won't be the greatest, he'll be a pretty good physical powerhouse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)