What Pokemon do you think is going to have the most effect in BW?

I think the best lead will be Aakeosu. Great Attack, Great Special Attack, and over base 100 speed. Even if the lead position is taken, he can still mix sweep. He also outclasses Flygon expect for being Rock weak. Can take out the dragons with D-Claw/Breath or mabye Pulse with an agility. Mark my words, he is very underrated and will make be a beast. By Aerodactyl meet your maker.

^The bird fossil's ability cuts its attack in half when its health is less than 50%. Aero still rules the ancient skies.

Permanent sun in the metagame will send ninetales into the stratosphere which sucks for me because i've had a great shiny one for like 8 years and now I have to raise a new one which certainly won't be shiny. F you GF. Politoed? Not so much. It will still be OU though.

Shandera is my 2nd favorite new pokemon, and unfortunately i think it will have the highest impact (unfortunate because everyone's talking about banning it already). It can come in on a lot of standards, force them out, and hit what comes in hard as hell. Or it can trap them and set up in their face. Just incredible.

I think the dark/dragon will be solid, too. People are currently severely underestimating it because it doesn't have garchomp stats.

I'm not sold on ono. People scream about mold breaker while forgetting that it's almost useless in OU. It doesn't even get stab on EQ.

The genies and the rock/fighting all have great stats and typing and it looks like their movepools are sweet as well.

And finally, i'm excited about poison heal gliscor. More recovery and immunity to toxic is really sweet on something that defensive. No chance of burn will make offensive scors smile too.

I think we all agree that the Dragons will be a dominating force next generation. Ononokusu is the most overhyped of the dragons though. 97 speed means that he can be easily outsped and beat.

Sazando is a different story, specs Draco Meteors will hurt. A lot.

Politoed will become one of the most used Pokemon in OU, Kingdra usage will sky rocket as a result.

Ninetales will probably see a similar thing happen, but her useage wn't be nearly as high, because Sunny Day doesn't have a member nearly as threatening as Kingdra(Unless someone new got Chlorophyll, I haven't checked)

Agiruduaa could easily be an overlooked Pokemon. 145 base speed is the fastest of all new Pokemon. Add 100 special attack and Bug Buzz and you have a threatening late game cleaner on your hands. He also has access to U-Turn to scour early game, an underrated threat

Has anyone noticed that Gliscor gets Poison heal? He can stall these Physical threats to lessen the blow on teams. (Though a dragon resistance would be nice...)

There was once a test where Groudon and Kyogre were allowed in all tiers, as long as they were level 1. They were STILL ubers, though, because of how insane those
abilities are. Anyone not using apposing weather is doomed!

lol, Blaziken with speed boost = instant OU!
Turn 1 protect. Turn 2 absolute destruction.

There was once a test where Groudon and Kyogre were allowed in all tiers, as long as they were level 1. They were STILL ubers, though, because of how insane those
abilities are. Anyone not using apposing weather is doomed!
I think the metagame, early on, is going to be ridiculously based on weather, and they'll just have to clash to see who's weather starter can switch in the most times. And I don't really see those abilities being that bad, the sweepers aren't that dangerous.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just want to point out that we have no way of knowing what will be Uber and what will not.
But we can speculate on what may have the potential to become Uber based on the data we have now and not make a concrete judgment on what actually will be. It's looking pretty bad for that one Dragon with the high attack, speed and SD so far, and it's going to need a shit movepool or crippling ability to weigh it down.

My money is on our two Shadow Tag users. Shadow Tag was the one reason Wobbuffet was banned and putting it on Pokemon that actually have some form of offense or movepool could make them even worse.

Ok people, why the FUCK would Politoed or Ninetales become Ubers? This is seriously idiotic, no Pokemon becomes Ubers just because they get a good ability. Look at the actual stats, they are NOT good, some new ability is not going to skyrocket these NUs into Ubers, especially considering all the new fast-paced Pokemon. Abomasnow, Tyranitar and Hippowdon managed not to get banned, why would these clowns, just because they summon a permanent weather? I really, really hope you don't think Kyogre or Groudon are Uber because of their abilities, that's just a perk. They're Uber because they're actually good Pokemon. Seriously, these guys might be OU the first months but after hype wears off they'll just be niche Pokemon, used about as often as Kabutops. If anybody becomes Uber, it's going to be Kingdra or something.

To stay on topic, I think turning Blaziken into a force to be reckoned with and giving it a highly viable, 100% counter (fire/ghost thing) is pretty mean, lol. The Pokemon that will probably have the most impact will be that damn candle, I'm also looking forward to having an awesome defensive spin blocker, especially after they neutered Rotom-a.
Hey man, it's too early to speculate. Yet alone, bash. Even though I highly doubt they will become Uber myself, Permarain and Permasun will cause some beasts to rise from the depths and threating to sweep immediately. The thing is, most of these Pokemon will have sure counters. e.g. The Grass/Steel dude will give Kingdra trouble. Resisting pretty much every single powerful attack Kingdra has.

But we can speculate on what may have the potential to become Uber based on the data we have now and not make a concrete judgment on what actually will be. It's looking pretty bad for that one Dragon with the high attack, speed and SD, so it's going to need a shit movepool or crippling ability to be conceivably balanced in standard play.

My money is on our two Shadow Tag users. Shadow Tag was the one reason Wobbuffet was banned and putting it on Pokemon that actually have some form of offense or movepool could make them even worse.
Wasn't Wobbuffet banned because of Shadow Tag + Tickle + Encore? I'm pretty sure that Wynaut isn't broken down in Little Cup, which is promising now that all of OU has risen in power.

To stay on topic, I think turning Blaziken into a force to be reckoned with and giving it a highly viable, 100% counter (fire/ghost thing) is pretty mean, lol. The Pokemon that will probably have the most impact will be that damn candle, I'm also looking forward to having an awesome defensive spin blocker, especially after they neutered Rotom-a.
+2 Stone Edge is not something Shandaraa ever wants to face.

SJCrew

I more or less meant that Shadow Tag was the one thing that pushed Wobbuffet over the edge. Without it, it'd be allowed in Standard just like Wynaut is in its respective metagame, and just the way it was in GSC.

I more or less meant that Shadow Tag was the one thing that pushed Wobbuffet over the edge. Without it, it'd be allowed in Standard just like Wynaut is in its respective metagame, and just the way it was in GSC.
Shadow Tag doesn't push Wynaut over the edge in its respective Little Cup Metagame, though? Which begs the question...what is it that breaks Wobbuffet? Is it Shadow Tag in itself? Encore + Tickle? The bulk (that Wynaut lacks) to take a hit switching in, and then retaliate the second one back?

I think that with everything getting harder, better, faster, and stronger this gen...Wobbuffet might be viable.

SJCrew

Wynaut isn't bulky at all, not even in Little Cup. If it had higher defenses and LC weren't offensive as fuck, it'd probably be banned too.

The ghost/fire chandelier with shadow tag and 145 special attack is probably destined for uber unless its movepool is really bad. Every normal and fighting pokemon will need some way to take it out on its own or else its gg, and you can say goodbye to choiced fighting and normal moves (except on scrappy pokemon, which admittedly there's quite a few of now).

SJCrew

You can just replace that with Choiced [anything Shanderaa resists] and Shanderaa's still going to get a free setup.

Sub Charge Beam Magnezone could set up against Scizor's Bullet Punch and could easily boost up to +3 or +4 before eliminating the trapped poke while still behind a Sub. Was it broken? No. We don't even know Shanderaa learns a setup move yet.

Wynaut isn't bulky at all, not even in Little Cup. If it had higher defenses and LC weren't offensive as fuck, it'd probably be banned too.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75392&

There are a lot of calculations proving otherwise, actually.

I think the Pokemon going to have the most effect in BW will be the Ghost/Fire candle-thing. Shadow Tag is ridiculously useful, and Blissey will get completely shat on. This is something no one (or very few people) has mentioned. It is immune to Seismic Toss, resist Ice Beam and Flamethrower, and can block Thunder Wave or Toxic with Substitute. It can then proceed to set up Calm Minds, eventually getting +6. It can 2HKO Blissey with Flamethrower or HP Fighting. The fact that a Special Attacker (let alone any Pokemon) can reliably come in on Blissey, set up on it, kill it, and force you to send in something to take a +6 attack while behind a Substitute is scary. If Blissey is gone, who stops all those special attackers?

@ EpicCherubi: This thing can trap ANYTHING without an ability or item that lets it escape... Please don't compare the two.

SJCrew

Sub Charge Beam Magnezone could set up against Scizor's Bullet Punch and could easily boost up to +3 or +4 before eliminating the trapped poke while still behind a Sub. Was it broken? No. We don't even know Shanderaa learns a setup move yet.
One Pokemon, one move, no speed, no Shadow Tag... I hear a lot of talk of CM floating around and I'm not sure if there's any evidence to back it up. If it does, that could be the deal-breaker right there.

@blasphemy: Little Cup is an entirely different game, bro. Hippopotas is much bulkier and with a max/max spread, Gligar still does over half with EQ. Wynaut may be able to revenge kill, but Wobbuffet's more potent defenses gave it the ability to switch in on things and survive to either Encore or CounterCoat.

I don't have any thoughts on which Pokemon will have the most effect, but I will say I'm not that concerned about Ononokusu and Sazando considering that Salamence, Garchomp, Latias, and Latios can get fair shakes. Salamence is the slowest of those, and even with it alone there are important things it can do that the new Dragons can't. Some examples:

Dragon vs. Dragon: Salamence can coin-flip against itself and potentially end an enemy sweep if they have equal Speed boost levels (Dragon Dance vs. Choice Scarf, or neither one boosted), while the new Dragons wind up getting hit by Outrage or Draco Meteor every time in the same scenario. Even if Salamence doesn't have a Choice Scarf and has to come in on a boosted enemy Salamence, it can at least get in one final Intimidate--a small effect, sure, but still better than Ononokusu or Sazando accomplishing nothing. Even Flygon, though it isn't exactly awe-inspiring, at least has the opportunity to get in one good, solid hit against the new Dragons in town guaranteed if it gets in when they're not boosted or if it has a Choice Scarf.

Choice Scarf Iron Head Jirachi: A Speed+ Salamence with a Dragon Dance set up or only has to be scared of Choice Scarf Iron Head Jirachi outrunning it 50% of the time, but the new Dragons are always going to take the hit and risk the flinching.

The new 99-Speed Bug/Steel legendary: If this thing gains traction as a sweeper--and I sure don't see why it wouldn't--then Salamence can still Fire Blast it without worrying while the new Dragons will have problems. Besides being outrun in the first place, Sazando is weak against Bug and Ononokusu's low Special Defense won't like Download-boosted 120 Special Attack.

Ninetales: If Ninetales becomes as common as, say, Hippowdon due to the weather (better weather than Abomasnow, surely) and plays Choice Scarf hit-and-run with indirect moves like I think she will, then Dragon Dance or Choice Scarf Salamence gets to flip a coin on whether it needs to face down Will-O-Wisp or Toxic or Grudge while the new Dragons will definitely feel the brunt of those moves.

Now we actually have a Ground/Flying at 101 Speed giving extra incentive for Garchomp, and assorted 108-Speed legendaries who outrun those two but can't match Latias and Latios. I just think that unless the day comes that all four of the powerhouse fourth-gen Dragons are sent off to Uber for the second time, the new Dragons are going to have issues competing with the old ones due completely to Speed.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75392&

There are a lot of calculations proving otherwise, actually.

I think the Pokemon going to have the most effect in BW will be the Ghost/Fire candle-thing. Shadow Tag is ridiculously useful, and Blissey will get completely shat on. This is something no one (or very few people) has mentioned. It is immune to Seismic Toss, resist Ice Beam and Flamethrower, and can block Thunder Wave or Toxic with Substitute. It can then proceed to set up Calm Minds, eventually getting +6. It can 2HKO Blissey with Flamethrower or HP Fighting. The fact that a Special Attacker (let alone any Pokemon) can reliably come in on Blissey, set up on it, kill it, and force you to send in something to take a +6 attack while behind a Substitute is scary. If Blissey is gone, who stops all those special attackers?

@ EpicCherubi: This thing can trap ANYTHING without an ability or item that lets it escape... Please don't compare the two.
I just noticed this thing has 80 base speed. I had thought it was 60! That sort of changes things.

Well time will tell if the thing is broken, or just really good. Just because it uses Blissey to +6 itself doesn't mean its broken, it could just mean Blissey is now a liability just as CB Scizor can be against the afore mentioned Sub Charge Beam Magnezone. Who knows. Maybe Blissey will start running a Calm Mind Shadow Ball / HP Fighting set to compete in this new metagame.

Anything is possible.

(Has Candle been confirmed to get Sub / Calm Mind or are people still just making stuff up?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)