What team style do you think is going to be dominant?

What team style do you think is going to be dominant?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gotta be heavy offense. It's my kinda style, and with all kinds of powerful new pokemon with high defenses and high speeds, it just screams an age of hyper offense. Rain should also become common with Politoed, and it will be fighting for the field with Sandstorm since there will be people who want to exploit Doryuuzu's speed boost.

Either heavy or bulky offence. There are quite some new 120+ (Sp)Atk Pokés, often paired with decent speed, so I think it's all gonna be about speed and dishing out heavy hits. Prediction will be important.

I have to question this poll, since I feel anyone who seriously says "Semi-stall" does not understand the concept of battling well enough, but I digress.

I'd say balance will prove to be incredibly lethal. The new trappers and general "counter" abilities seem to provide power to breaking down an opponent's team to allow for an unstoppable sweep. Weather teams will also definitely see a rise, but balanced teams are just so versatile and effective that I can't really see them being less than the top.

So I predict balanced teams amongst the top players, but there will still be the lower-tier battlers wielding stall left and right (I don't mean that all good players use balance and all average players use stall, it's just more common).

^ This.

IMO, I also assume alot of Priorities will be flying around..so I think much more freedom to allocate EVs to something else aside from speed might be plausible.

>.< Why the hell doesn't Erufuun have Reflect >.<

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
I'm thinking bulky semi-weather will be the order of the day, much like the current Ubers metagame. There are good enough stallbreakers - Erefuun, Kerudio etc. - that I highly doubt we'll see much of that.

I voted Bulky Offense because there's a lot of Pokemon like Ditto, CS Garchomp (assuming it's not Uber), and DD Ononokusu that are going to be popular that can really screw up HO teams. Balanced teams will also probably be used for the same reason. Sandstorm teams will likely also dominate because of the new Pokemon that can abuse it and the fact that there's two good Pokemon to set it up, but Sandstorm teams still generally can be considered Bulky Offense or Balanced teams as well.

sure hope it'll turn out to be heavy offense... might even get more experienced players to uber tiers (uber ROCK in heavy offense 8D)
and it's just my favourite style. quick battles, with speed and typing deciding wins and losses... great :P

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
I voted Bulky Offense because there's a lot of Pokemon like Ditto, CS Garchomp (assuming it's not Uber), and DD Salamence that are going to be popular that can really screw up HO teams. Balanced teams will also probably be used for the same reason. Sandstorm teams will likely also dominate because of the new Pokemon that can abuse it and the fact that there's two good Pokemon to set it up, but Sandstorm teams still generally can be considered Bulky Offense or Balanced teams as well.
I agree with this. HO can't really deal with weather all that well, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)