Project What's His Last? V2 [Week 7 Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Sorry for the delay I was on a little family vacation for the Weekend. Week 2's Winner goes to Albacore and his Talonflame, fun fact that was the actual Pokemon on the team.

Here is Week 3's Team, Credit goes to Team Pokepals for the team.

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz

Serperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Taunt
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Tyranitar (M) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

The team is based around the Zard X + Serperior core. Serperior is an ideal partner for Zard X as it's able to help KO checks such as Hippowdon and Quagsire with ease. Excadrill was added on as a spinner, and Tyranitar was added to help Pursuit trap Lati twins and potentially take Draco Meteor. Tyranitar also brought Sand, so Excadrill is able to become an offensive threat to deal with faster threats including Weavile. Keldeo was added to check Weavile, and Choice Scarf was added as a last option to outspeed Mega Lopunny, in case Zard X can't set up and if Excadrill can't get sand up. So What's His Last?

Reactions: TPP
reserving slowbro

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

The best Pokemon to finish this team imo. It covers the other members from:
  • Mega Lopunny, as nothing can switch into it and the only way you can threaten is a revenge killing it with Keldeo or outspeeding it with Excadrill if the Sand is still up
  • Keldeo, another Pokemon that give a lot of problems to the team
  • An enemy Excadrill

Last edited:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Clefable allows you to have a switch-in to Weavile, Keldeo and Mega Lopunny which threatens the team with their Speed and coverage. It also allows you to check Lati@s so that you don't always need to send Ttar in against Lati@s. Calm Mind Clefable also loves having Steel-types removed, which both Zard-X and Excadrill excel at. Thunder Wave is nice because this team isn't very fast (except Excadrill in the Sand) and having a way to slow threats down (such as Gengar, Mega Charizard and Smogon Bird who loves to switch in on Clefable) is a plus. However, Flamethrower can be used to hit opposing Excadrill, which is pretty threatening.

Last edited:

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake

In my opinion Latias fits really well in this team as it can hard check Keldeo, a pokemon that can ohko or 2hko the whole team. Furthermore the main core, zardx + Serp, shares a weakness to Heatran, so latias also performs as a great lure since rocks + draco + earthquake always kill, even the spdef set.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave

Thundurus not only provides both a Fighting resist and a Ground immunity, 2 very useful things for this team, but also a way to lure Hippowdon to guarantee an XZard / TTar sweep. Can also revenge paralyze MLopunny, a huge threat to the team, while keeping the offensive momentum intact, and helps against other somewhat threatening Pokemon like Metagross and Torn-T.

Last edited:

Togekiss @ Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

Togekiss breaks stall, resists fighting, and provides a ground immunity. It also checks Serperior, Breloom, and Garchomp, 3 rather dangerous Pokemon for this team.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave

This team is weak to Fighting, Ground, and Fairy attacks. Gengar is immune to fighting and ground and resists fairy, making it a great addition for the team defensively and giving it lots of switchin opportunities.

HexGar works here as the team already has lots of hard-hitters but has no other form of inflicting status. Will-o-wisp lets you cripple physical attackers, wear down bulky mons and powers up Hex to stupid draco meteor levels (Shadow Ball can be used over Hex for a more spammable STAB if preferred). In combination with Taunt it also allows you to break stall which the team can otherwise struggle with. Sludge Wave is alternate STAB for the dark and normal types which resist hex and also gives you another fairy killer for the likes of Clefable or M-Altaria if Excadrill gets overloaded. 8 HP EVs just gives you a black sludge number.

Last edited:
Hello!

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

going through the list of Pokemon in OU, Venusaur-Mega appears to be a huge threat, especially with Keldeo and Serperior being walled by this Mega.
I really like the Tornadus-T option but another threat I see is Diancie-Mega as nothing can take a hit too too well, and it can even beat Charizard-X after a boost or stall Sand turns away with Protect.
Skarmory can beat these two Pokemon and use Spike, which has a great synergy with the team I think, since you don't use Defog and have a lot of fast sweepers. A safe Landorus-T counter is also required in my opinion, given the lack of options against Earthquake since you don't want to switch Serperior into an U-Turn either.
Here are some calculations to prove my point : 252 SpA Mega Diancie Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 138-164 (41.4 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 124-148 (37.2 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Sorry if I did this incorrectly and good luck to everybody x)

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Voting for round 3 can start now. Just bold the person and set you are voting for. I'll end the voting in 48 hours before the moon hits.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Too many of these nominations make the team far too weak to opposing Exca imo so the only ones I can seriously consider are the Slowbro and Skarm noms, out of the two I think Skarm fits the team better so voting Skarmory, Malheur

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Week 2's winner goes to Malheur and Skarmory, you two will be entered to the Hall of Fame. Also Tornadus-Therian was the last pokemon so let's see if Team Pokepals changes his mind switching over :]

Here is Week 4's Team, Credit goes to Albacore for the team.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 72 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

The team was built around Roar Suicune + Dragalge, with Dragalge providing an answer to Electrics, Grass types and Hazards support. Ferrothorn was added to handle Fairies, certain Psychics and check Manaphy, and also act as a Spiker and Rapid Spin punisher. Garchomp sets up rocks, and forces even more chip damage on the opposing team wth Rough Skin+Rocky Helmet : this enables it to also punish Rapid Spins, put pressure off Suicune to check physical attackers in general (particularly Taunt MGyara and Bisharp), and revenge kill BD Azu to some extent. Bisharp is there to punish Defogs, act as a secondary win condition, abuse Toxic Spikes and priority user in case things get out of hand. So What's His Last?

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Foul Play

Mega Sableye offers a few things for this team, including Spinblocking support and a way to take on Fighting-types. Without it, Mega-Medicham can run through the team once Suicune is weakened, due to the fact there isn't much for it. Sableye synergizes with the team and fills up the Mega slot pretty well, warranting a team slot.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake / Heal Bell
- Roost

Provides an offensive win-condition for the team. Mega Altaria also provides a check for Fighting attacks that the team doesn't have much for, as well as somewhat check Serperior. Heal Bell can help check Mega Sableye too, if you run it.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power Fire

Mega-Venusaur fits well in this bulky team without hazard removal; it provides a safe resistance to fighting attacks, and can easily tank and get rid of Fairy pokemons, given they may cause serious problems to the team (thinking about (specs) Sylveon, clefable, Mega Altaria, Mega Diancie, for which the team does not really have safe switch-ins).
Venusaur also provides a solid barrier for certain pokemons that can boost up themselves and inflict important damage to the team : SD/sub Breloom, Nasty Plot Thundurus (HP ice), Belly Drum/CB Azumarill, Serperior, PuP Lopunny, SD Scizor..)
Finally, Venusaur helps a lot against Tail Glow Manaphy, which is able to sweep the team once Ferrothorn is weakened, thanks to Giga Drain, Venu can tank two Ice Beams from +3 sAtk Manaphy.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks everybody who voted for my nomination.
I guess you have to keep on playing when you're winning so:

I think this team totally needs something fast. That's why Manaphy is very threatening right now if it carries HP Fire. So a fast Mega is what I have in mind. Diancie-Mega, Manectric-Mega and Charizard-X are the main threats I'd like to cover. Lopunny-Mega too I guess, because counting on Rocky Helmet Garchomp is also kind of shaky.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Protect

I'm not going to lie, it's an imperfect answer to most of the threats, but it does give few options against all of them. First off, you'll be able to count on Alakazam's speed to check the threats. Charizard-X should be still slower even after a Dragon Dance most of the time. I also like how Alakazam-Mega can play around an opposing Manectric-Mega by Tracing Lightning Rod on the Mega-Stone activation turn, and when it works it's basically game over.

By the way, I strongly believe that the last has to offer some kind of Fighting resistance. I like a lot the Altaria-Mega nomination aswell. Good luck to everybody!

Edit: I almost forgot that Alakazam-Mega's special ability could be used to copy Sand Rush or Levitate, which could come handy considering the concerning lack of Ground immunity.

Last edited:

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Mega Latias provides a very important Fighting resist as well as being one of the few Pokemon who can prevent Mega Charizard-Y, Manaphy, Serperior and Thundurus from simply running through the team. However, Latias compounds the Fairy and Dragon weakness of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)