What's your favourite lead?

no doubt that my favorite lead is my anti-lead lucario(nickname lucalibur) what i really liked was aero leads,people that use him think that lucario can use SR and the taunt,and get a bullet punch right in the face,and then another,6-5 to me.
Lucalibur (Lucario) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Bullet Punch

no doubt that my favorite lead is my anti-lead lucario(nickname lucalibur) what i really liked was aero leads,people that use him think that lucario can use SR and the taunt,and get a bullet punch right in the face,and then another,6-5 to me.
Lucalibur (Lucario) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Bullet Punch
Inner Focus is better, so that you can hit Infernape/Ambipom with Close Combat, as they Fake Out, then finish them off with Bullet Punch.

I personally like the Jolly Focus Sash Mamoswine w/ SR, EQ, Stone Edge, and Ice Shard. It's able to always set up stealth rock, and deal considerable damage to the other lead. The mammoth has been able to wipe out half of an opponent's pokemon team because of his speed and priority attacks.

i am currently running trick gengar
but once i developed a nice Ninjask which ended up as a very nice revenge killer AND anti lead as well as baton passer
ninjask@focus sash
Jolly Nature
Substitute
X-scissor
Baton Pass
Swords Dance

gone are the days when there were Deoxys-s and wevile leads, still loved the versatility of this though, come in do a revenge pass the speed etc.

Aerodactyl is the lead I normally use, but I've been considering Scarf Jirachi to flinch base speed 130 pokemon to death before they set up Stealth Rock.

Is the flinch rate enough to make this a viable strategy?

People tend to expect Scarfrachi now, so it gets dealt with quite easy. I used it a couple of weeks ago, on one of my older teams, and generally, people run to something that can take the trick, like other choice users, or pokemon with items that would screw over jirachi.

The flinch rate is lovely, it's very easy to string flinches, and kill things off, and most times, you should be able to pull it off, it's only if you're going to run the tricker set, that it gets somewhat predictable.

People tend to expect Scarfrachi now, so it gets dealt with quite easy. I used it a couple of weeks ago, on one of my older teams, and generally, people run to something that can take the trick, like other choice users, or pokemon with items that would screw over jirachi.

The flinch rate is lovely, it's very easy to string flinches, and kill things off, and most times, you should be able to pull it off, it's only if you're going to run the tricker set, that it gets somewhat predictable.

Thanks for the advice. Started running a Lead-Gross instead though, as you say, people expect the Flinch abuse from Jirachi.

Metagross makes a good lead that can actually survive. If you can get SR up, he can survive until later and rip a whole in someone with explode.

I love my Metagross, I consistently get up Stealth Rock and take out very common leads, and sometimes get an explosion in for an extra kill.

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Adamant, Evs: 252 HP, 236 Atk, 12 Def, 10 Spe
Stealth Rock
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Explosion

Very fun, especially against Aerodactyl. I bullet punch, 60-70% damage, he taunts, I bullet punch him and kill him. Not only that, but when people see Meteor Mash they automatically expect I'm not running Explosion, then they get Exploded in the face.

Jirachi, scarfed or not, owns all. Trick is for ruining people, and Serene-Grace boosted moves wreak havoc among the other team.

ScarfRachi is still a beast, even if you're prepared for it. I use it on my hax team to great effect.
The thing is, it poses little to no threat to my Sandstorm team. Clefable takes the trick, giving it flame orb, then I switch in my Lucario and get a SD up. Jirachi can't flinch lucario, and it does ~10% damage per iron head.

I like my Forretress lead. Sets up t-spikes so my SubPetaya empoleon isn't walled by those bulky waters, and it can take hits very well. After he's done his job, I can switch him in to take an explosion or other powerful hit.

I've been testing a Clefable lead. Works pretty darn well. I can trick flame orb onto my opponents, and I can Encore leads who start off with stat upping moves or stealth rock. Unfortunately, infernape leads destroy it.

I love my Metagross, I consistently get up Stealth Rock and take out very common leads, and sometimes get an explosion in for an extra kill.

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Adamant, Evs: 252 HP, 236 Atk, 12 Def, 10 Spe
Stealth Rock
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Explosion

Very fun, especially against Aerodactyl. I bullet punch, 60-70% damage, he taunts, I bullet punch him and kill him. Not only that, but when people see Meteor Mash they automatically expect I'm not running Explosion, then they get Exploded in the face.
Same moveset that I've been using, only I have slightly less customized EVS:

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant, 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Speed

Leftovers to make something of his bulk, even if you only get a small amount of HP back, it always seems to help out later.

Maz Attack to make sure his attacks land a hell of a whoopin' on people and to give him a strong Bullet punch to soften up the suicide leads as much as possible.

Explosion is always great. I have Metagross and Azelf packing Explosion on the same team, so I can usually KO at least two of the enemy pokemon that would otherwise pose a threat to me.

Nothing stops Stealth Rock as well as Scarf Breloom.
Breloom@Choice Scarf
Effect Spore
Jolly 6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Speed
-Spore
-Seed Bomb
-Superpower
-Thunderpunch

The strategy is simple, just use Spore first most of the time. If your opponent leaves their lead in they will probably not be able to set up Stealth Rock soon, and if they switch their lead out you can predict the switch back to their lead and get the advantage. This lead is only beaten by Scarf Jirachi, if they get the flinch, and Ninjask. Aerodactyl is faster and can set up Stealth Rock but is 2HKOed by Thunderpunch, so it sets up SR but can't damage you (they always Taunt first). Scarf Breloom can also come in to revenge-kill later in the game, and is always faster than non-Jolly Gyarados after a Dragon Dance.

f*ck. I cant believe I posted this in the wrong topic.

Anyways, it's delibird. Check the "New moveset and Evs spread" topic if you're curious.

I have been using this mamoswine as a lead. he works very well. I have even swept a few guys with him.

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Protect

Machamp@Leftovers
No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Payback
-Dynamicpunch
-Substitute
-Encore

This thing is a stealth rock leads worst nightmare, It encores them into SR, gets behind a sub, and causes massive damage with Dynamicpunch and Payback. Gengar and azelf are nothing to machamp, an unboosted psychic from any azelf will never OHKO, and gengar can't do much at all, both get ohko'd by payback.

Scarfrachi is actually pretty useless if you run Dragonite. I've used this to great effect when I was using my Dragonite team often. All the flinch-based Jirachi would fail to flinch Dragonite (Inner Focus), not be able to outdamage my Roost healing (even with Ice Punch) and die in two shots to EQ. And, if they trick a Scarf on me, it gives me a speed boost for the killing blow.

As another poster mentioned, Lucario works well too, either an SD Lucario with Steadfast to set up or a Band/Specs Lucario with Inner Focus to not flinch and OHKO back.

I've been starting to use spiritomb recently. Annoys the hell outta my opponents. So ATM, I gotta say spiritomb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)