SM UU When it RAINS, it POURS.

doNuhh5.jpg

So... I wanted to make a rain team in UU because I think weather is super fun in lower tiers. Since Drizzle was banned, I obviously had to get creative in who the rain setter was and came up with this team. Hope you guys enjoy!

Clefable (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

Ah, yes, the Queen of the UnderUsed Tier. This Clefable set throws so many damn people off guard. It usually sets up rocks and gets a t-wave or nice hit off, and that's about it since it's a lead. However, I've had many games where they lead Scizor and think it's safe to BP or U-Turn on the Flamethrower OHKO. In a recent game this dude had a CM up with Keldeo and used Breakneck Blitz... just to bring me to sash as I KO with Moonblast lmao. Honestly a super super fun set for Clef.

The King (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

This Nidoking set goes super well with T-Wave lead Clefable. If it can hit something with the Yellow Color, Nidoking can either come in and outspeed it to kill it, set up a sub and hope for full-para/weak hit, or predict a switch and sub. It is so good at catching the SpDef Scizor set or other mons that they think takes a hit. This mon has been seeing a lot more use in this tier recently and even in OU. Shoutouts to ABR for the set.

Pouring (Tornadus) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

This thing right here is where the fun begins. Damp Rock Tornadus is a super amazing Rain-setter, as with Prankster it almost always guarantees to set up 8 turns of rain before dying. It then boosts it's Hurricanes to 100 acc, a crazy strong and spammable STAB move. Focus Blast hits steels, and U-turn is to switch out into any of the rain abusers if I feel necessary.

Kabutops @ Rockium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Kabutops is the obvious physical rain abuser on the team. With max speed he hits an amazing 518 speed tier and hits insanely hard with STAB Rain Waterfalls and Z-Stone Edge. Knock Off is just if I need to sack this thing and remove an item in the process or for stall.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Honestly, if there was any Pokémon on this team I would replace, it would be this Kingdra. 90% of the time I prefer to bring in Kabutops who has the Z-move, priority, and higher offensive stat. It could be replaced with Ludicolo or, when it comes out, the GODLIKE MEGA SWAMPERT (Jesus I can't wait for this mon). Either way, though, it does its job: sweep under rain.

Whats Buggin B (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Scizor is the defensive glue of my team and an absolute necessary pivot/late game sweeper. I love having this thing to switch in to certain attacks and only have one 2x weakness to fire. Often I can just bring this in on a mon that is weak to it, SD up, and the game is literally over.

Thanks for any help that you guys have!

Clefable (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

The King (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Kabutops @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Pouring (Tornadus) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Whats Buggin B (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Hopefully replays to come. I've had a lot of good ones but did not save any of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)