Whimsicott

Then explain this things rarity in smogon server. yeah that kinda proves it. But not saying its useless its not as everyone at the beginning of gen 5 said. Its so omg unstopable etc and now we see its just a shell of its former hype. Not used much. I myself dont have problem with this ever since gen 5 begin. During that time period, most try to taunt Crimgan(which you know is one of my fave that period) only to get fire fang. Also nattrei switch in make this cry. Then there the fact that he need 2 turn to make his efficient work all making him useless agaunst me. As of now, well i dont have problem even without fire attack and he rarely or maybe never leave a huge denting hole in my team.

The overatted treatment happen in beggining on gen 5 where everyone say its godly. Now, well hes nearly unseen showing how he actualy is overatted back then
Just because something is rare doesn't mean it isn't good. Erufuun doesn't take much skill to use, but if a skilled player is using it you won't get past it that easily. Erufuun can wreck an entire team if you build your own team around it.

yes i agree. this thing totally ruins stall teams. i used a stall team and when i got rid of it most of my pokemon were out 75% hp or lower.

yes i agree. this thing totally ruins stall teams. i used a stall team and when i got rid of it most of my pokemon were out 75% hp or lower.
Tentacruel is a common stall team member that can beat it with liquid ooze and an ice move. Of course it might take a status condition or too much damage and become unusable in its usual role of t-spiker/spinner...

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
With this pokemon lurking in OU, the metagame may not focus so much on speed and sweeping. Think about it. Your opponent gets a dragon dance and faints one of your guys, but then erufuun comes in and uses stun spore (effectively crippling the enemy sweeper). Why even bother trying to boost your speed when this thing can just come in and stop your sweep.

Probably not intentionally. Whimsicott is definitely not broken, as can be seen through its lackluster stats (even Speed is usually not needed thanks to MH), barring the possibility of Cotton Guarded Defense. Of course, it still has amazing utility as a stall-stopper, and a hell of a MH movepool.

Unless your fourth move is Taunt, Roar/Whirlwind will lol at that. Also, that set (none for that matter) can't touch one of the most overused pokes: Ferrothorn. Immunity to leech seed/toxic spikes. It will just stay there doing its fat thing with Gyro Ball or set up its hazards.
Same goes for Magic Mirror Xatu, which in my personal experience is becoming slightly more common.

More I see this thing in action only re-affirms my stance that you NEED a damaging attack on it whether its U-Turn or Hurricane or whatever. The ammount of times I've seen Xatu's and Espeon's using this thing as a free switch in is staggering, both are a big threat as Espeon is increasingly becoming a highly dangerous all out sweeper or a CM/BP setup. Wheras Xatu comes in freely to setup dual screens giving free switch in to any big powerhouse sweepers or further reinforce the already overpowered stall tactics of this gen.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Just one question about this thing. How do you counter a mischievous heart user who abuses stun spore?? This thing can potentially paralyze your entire team and there's not a whole lot you can do about it. Sure, you can use berries, have an aromatherapist on your team, etc, but is it really worth it for just one pokemon??

Just one question about this thing. How do you counter a mischievous heart user who abuses stun spore?? This thing can potentially paralyze your entire team and there's not a whole lot you can do about it. Sure, you can use berries, have an aromatherapist on your team, etc, but is it really worth it for just one pokemon??
I took stun spore off my erufuun. It's not really all that great.

First of all, the accuracy sucks. It misses, and misses a lot. Another thing is that paralyzing their whole team never happens: you paralyze your opponent's erufuun counter and that's that. Your opponent isn't just going to cycle through his or her team, they are going to keep going back to their erufuun check whenever erufuun appears.

If you're really that concerned about it, just use espeon or xatu (unfortunately, erufuun can just u-turn to a pursuiter).

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Or Herbivore, or you just switch in something that doesn't really care about paralysis to take it out.
Are herbivore users immune to stun spore and leech seed?? If yes, zeburaika (of however you spell it. The electric zebra!) is a decent switch in for this guy.

Are herbivore users immune to stun spore and leech seed?? If yes, zeburaika (of however you spell it. The electric zebra!) is a decent switch in for this guy.
Leech Seed boosts Herbivore users.

Has anyone tried a Flame Orb Switcheroo set with Cleric support? It sounds good on paper to completely cripple Physical sweepers.

Leftovers are too clutch. Erufuun has some clutch resistances and can put all its EVs into its defenses, but it still isn't all that bulky. Leech Seed + Leftovers recovery is really important for it, and there's no guarantee that you'll receive leftovers when you make the switch. That strategy just isn't worth finding room for a cleric, especially when Erufuun already learns Cotton Guard (and Charm).

Another problem is that once the opponent sees that your erufuun is holding a flame orb, your strategy will become immediately apparent and they'll just switch to heatran or something.

Clerics are always worth it.

Use an offensive Cleric like Dragonite if you don't want to use a defensive poke.
Although it would never hurt to use a Vaporeon with heal bell and wish.

Clerics are always worth it.

Use an offensive Cleric like Dragonite if you don't want to use a defensive poke.
Although it would never hurt to use a Vaporeon with heal bell and wish.
Besides this, you can always run Substitute. Sure, you can't sub against Whimsicott, but it can't do shit to you if you're already behind one.

Actually, it can encore your sub, switch to something with u-turn or volt change, u-turn/volt change back to erufuun and encore again (this works because of the change to encore's mechanics). They switch out on your encore eventually, but you almost always end up with the momentum and usually around 50% HP gone on their subber.

Actually, it can encore your sub, switch to something with u-turn or volt change, u-turn/volt change back to erufuun and encore again (this works because of the change to encore's mechanics). They switch out on your encore eventually, but you almost always end up with the momentum and usually around 50% HP gone on their subber.
Keep in mind not all Whimsicotts run Encore. I've seen a lot of them with Sub/Seed/Taunt/Stun Spore or Cotton Guard or U-Turn. Encore is strangely the move least used move I've seen...

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Probably not intentionally. Whimsicott is definitely not broken, as can be seen through its lackluster stats (even Speed is usually not needed thanks to MH), barring the possibility of Cotton Guarded Defense. Of course, it still has amazing utility as a stall-stopper, and a hell of a MH movepool.
What? What stall team doesn't have Toxic Spikes or a Grass type or a Rapid Spin user? Any of those three things shut this guy down completely. Erufunn is way worse against stall teams, because its priority means nothing when everything is slow anyways.

Erufunn/Whimsicott (one of the few good BW English names) can't hurt anything directly and needs tons of team support to be effective. The only thing this pokemon can do effectively is Sub Seed. I know I've said this before but I feel even more confident about it now than I did a couple of months ago: I'll be surprised if this thing is above NU. It's a decent gimmick, but it's still a gimmick. There's a reason why SubSeeders aren't popular in OU. Plus, its back sprite looks like a butthole.

What? What stall team doesn't have Toxic Spikes or a Grass type or a Rapid Spin user? Any of those three things shut this guy down completely. Erufunn is way worse against stall teams, because its priority means nothing when everything is slow anyways.

Erufunn/Whimsicott (one of the few good BW English names) can't hurt anything directly and needs tons of team support to be effective. The only thing this pokemon can do effectively is Sub Seed. I know I've said this before but I feel even more confident about it now than I did a couple of months ago: I'll be surprised if this thing is above NU. It's a decent gimmick, but it's still a gimmick. There's a reason why SubSeeders aren't popular in OU. Plus, its back sprite looks like a butthole.
While I wouldn't go so far as to say SubSeeders are terrible in general, as i find SubSeed Breloom still magnificent, I do find this thing and its gimmick wear thin very quickly, especially as there are powerful threats like Thundurus and Tornadus who can abuse this same ability to actually assist them in dealing damage and sweeping teams. This thing can truly do very little while in, and ends up largely being dead weight on many teams it is placed on.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
After looking at the pokedex, miltank seems like a pretty decent counter to this thing. She gets herbivore, so she's immune so stun spore and leech seed. If it tries to encore you, you can hit it with t-wave/toxic. It also has heal bell in case it tries to cripple you (with toxic). If you opt to use toxic, you can easily stall this thing to death.

breh

強いだね
FINALLY SOMEBODY WHO AGREES WITH ME (former statment not latter)

grass types wall erufuun, lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)