ORAS UU Wild Jewels [Peaked #3]

This RMT is showcasing a team that I used to ladder, I peaked high and I want to show it to the community. It is a Bulky Offense team with a ton of Offensive Pressure. I gave it to some people to use in UU Slam, unfortunately, I built it after my elimination, so I haven't used it, however, I'm sure that most of the people that are reading this RMT will be sure that it deserves the peak. Hope you enjoy the teams!

I started to build the team with Hone Claws Aerodactyl + Krookodile, so I can break Defensive Cores with ease without many issues.

I decided to add Stealth Rock Celebi because it is a very underrated and unexpected set that can demolish teams with its STABs. U-Turn support is a cool tool to use in matchup versus Bulky Waters.

I added Empoleon because it is a good answer to Sylveon and it is a useful Pokémon to Hazard Removal. It was another Flying-Resist too, even if my team wasn't all that weak to Flying-Types.

Entei was a good add to this team mostly because it is scary, and with Choice Band Krookodile, it is even more scary. It can break Physical Attackers, forcing my opponent to sack at least one Pokémon if its team is lacking a good answer to Fire-Types.

I added Offensive Suicune because it is a good answer to Fire-Types and it is a secondary win condition.

I decided to use Tentacruel > Empoleon and Hydreigon > Suicune for a lot of reasons. First of all, my team needed a better Fighting-Resist, so Offensive Tentacruel is my way to deal with the most of the Fighting-Types in the tier. Secondly, my team needed some Speed Control, and Scarf Hydreigon can do it very well. Lastly, Hydreigon gives me a Ground Immunity, what is very useful. The team is ready to fight!

@

Unnerve | Jolly Nature

252 Spe | 4 SpD | 252 Atk
Wing Attack | Hone Claws | Aqua Tail | Stone Edge
~ The birth of a sun, the death of a dream.

Aerodactyl-Mega is, without a doubt, the best Mega in the Tier. Its ability to wallbreak without many efforts is scary as fuck, not to mention that the only Pokémon that can wall it aren't big issues for this team, mostly like Mega Aggron and Swampert. It is an unique Late Game cleaner, and probably my only one, hehe. How I mentioned before, its wallbreaking ability can give me a lot of advantages in the most of the matches I play, and this is awesome. In some matchups versus Sceptile/Bedrill-Mega, I almost always use Hone Claws to get some crucial KOs. In matchups versus more bulky-ish teams, setup Hone Claws is the way to defeat Tentacruel, Suicune, Florges and Krookodile - since I use Aqua Tail. Aqua Tail is my coverage option over Earthquake because I hate to face Krookodile multiple times in a match, even if I doesn't have much problems versus it, I hate to face Nidoqueen too, so it is a double-edge sword, however I'm sure that anyone will recommend me to use Earthquake and I'm pretty sure that it is good, I already considered to use it sometimes and it is very useful versus Pokémon like Cobalion, Empoleon and Tentacruel, but I still find that Aqua Tail is better in this team. Paired with Krookodile, Aerodactyl can threat almost Offense/Balance in the tier, and with it's cool STAB combo, aka Stone Edge and Wing Attack, Aerodactyl does a cool job in this team: Check Celebi. I have a lot of ways to play around it, like use U-Turn with my own Celebi and KO with both Hydreigon and Aerodactyl. Wing Attack threatens Fighting-Types and Bug-Types, what is very, very useful for me. Stone Edge is Aerodactyl's main STAB Move because it hits almost everything very hard, not to mention that it can be used to defeat Flying-Types (I haven't mentioned Fire-Types and Bug-Types because I can hit them with Aqua Tail and Wing-Attack). Aerodactyl is probably the best Offensive answer to Sky Plate Crobat that I could run in this team, so it acts as a soft Flying Check too.

@

Intimidate | Jolly Nature
252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Spe
Pursuit | Knock Off | Earthquake | Superpower

~ You and I will never die, it's a dark embrace.

Krookodile, oh my dear Krookodile, I love you so much! Seriously, the few Pokémon that can switch in it are easily defeated by both Celebi and Aerodactyl, and how my most recent teams fears stuff like Specs Chandelure, Defensive Celebi, Bronzong and Entei, Krookodile is here to Pursuit them! Krookodile is the best Knock Off user in the tier without a doubt, its offensive stats are quite impressive and Intimidate is awesome. Being able to Pursuit Trap dangerous Pokémon is awesome too, and this is a cool tool sometimes, mostly when I need to Pursuit trap a Pokémon to clean the game easier with Aerodactyl-Mega, I can trap even Tentacruel for a good damage (~51%). Using Krookodile ensures me that my opponent will be always pressured out and switch to a hard check, and these hard checks are - usually - easy to worn down due to Knock Off. Earthquake is another awesome STAB that can punish Fire-, Poison- and Steel-Types. This is the standard set, so I have not too much to talk about it, but I like to run Superpower over Stone Edge actually, since Superpower is dangerous as it was before to Aerdactyl-Mega, and how Salamence left the tier, it is better than Stone Edge. Hitting other Dark-Types, Shuca Cobalion, Shuca Empoleon and opposing Krookodile for Super Effective Damage is very quite useful at this moment of the metagame.
@

Natural Cure | Timid Nature
252 Spa | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Leaf Storm | Stealth Rock | Psychic | U-Turn
~ Here our dreams aren't made, they're won.

Celebi - the most recent add in UU aside of Sylveon and Conkeldurr - is a crucial Pokémon in this team. First of all, I was lacking a Stealth Rock user, and Celebi is, in my opinion, one fearsome Stealth Rock user. You may think that this set is literal garbage and all, but when I used it the first time, I used this set in PSPL twice and I got two wins. Defeat Tentacruel and setup Stealth Rock is awesome, since you won't fear it spinning in your face. Celebi is the best Scald Switch-In actually, it laughs when Scalded, and it always forces Water-Types out, and that's when U-Turn comes in. If you used Stealth Rock already, you can use U-Turn and pivot your opponent's Water-Type, so you can smash the switch with one of your partners. Fighting-Types are huge too, so Celebi can use STAB Psychic to scare them however it struggles versus Scarfed Mienshao and Banded Conkeldurr (AV can't OHKO with Knock Off). Leaf Storm is a STAB that is, most of the time, unexpected because of the popularity of Giga Drain, but Leaf Storm has more base power than a fucking +2 Giga Drain, so you smash most of the switch-ins. Leaf Storm can hit most of the Pokémon very hard, it does ~38% in Hydreigon, not to mention the 50% chance to OHKO Krookodile after Stealth Rock. Celebi's ability to pivot and setup Stealth Rock is very useful to this team, since I can pressure my opponent with Hazards and Aerodactyl, I really think that Celebi has a cool slot in this team and that this set deserves more love.
@

Clear Body | Timid Nature
4 Def | 252 SpA | 252 Spe
Hydro Pump | Sludge Bomb | Toxic Spikes | Rapid Spin

~ It's the moment of truth, and the moment to lie.

Tentacruel - the best Hazard Removal option in the tier - does a great job in this team actually since I have two Pokémon that suck to Stealth Rock. It checks tons of threats like Entei, Krookodile and Mamoswine, and people always let these Pokémon in Tentacruel, so I can kill them without many issues. How most of you can see, this set isn't the standard se, it has a small change. The standard set runs Ice Beam, and I run Toxic Spikes over it, and I have a ton of reasons to do this. First of all, Ice Beam isn't that good actually since Salamence is banned from UU (thank god), and I like to pressure my opponents with Toxic Spikes since the team is weak to fat Pokémon, not to mention that I love Toxic Spikes to defeat Pokémon slowly, otherwise, Ice Beam makes my team less weak to Hydreigon, so it is still an option. Resisting Fire- and Fighting-Types is meh, however, Tentacruel is very frail and always easy to worn down, so I play with it trying to avoid Fighting-Types since they can hit-and-run and I have no ways to guarantee Tentacruel's longevity, but fortunately I can play around these Pokémon with Celebi/Hydreigon/Aerodactyl. Another nice thing is that Tentacruel can reliably check Wish Sylveon, and if it Specs, Sylveon will 3HKO without Stealth Rock, and if it clicks Psyshock, click Hone Claws with Aerodactyl and sweep the game, but remember that when your opponent has Fighting-Types, don't sack Tentacruel early game.
@
Pressure | Adamant Nature
252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Spe
Sacred Fire | Sleep Talk | Extreme Speed | Stone Edge
~ Demon, where did my angel go?

When you see Double Band first time, you think "ugh?", but use 2 Pokémon with Choice Band means that I pressure my opponent a lot, not to mention that the Entei + Aerodactyl + Krookodile Core has almost 0 safe switches, since Alomomola fears Stealth Rock + Toxic Spikes a lot to switch into a Banded Earthquake. Pressure things with a stupid Fire-Type Attack with a 50% is excellent, and it almost never cares about Bulky-Waters because of Celebi, so it works very, very well. Have no guaranteed plays is a very good thing, and when your opponent is sacking everything you are sure that you won. Entei is a cool Fairy Resist, aside of a guaranteed Whimsicott switch-in, so my best play is always switch to Entei waiting for a switch, however, my team is very prepared to Fairies overall, so it will not matter that much. Entei is a good Grass-Type answer too, but I use it as a scout for Celebi in hard matchups - If Celebi has Earth Power over Dazzling Gleam it will click it, fortunately Celebi are almost always Dazzling Gleam, so Entei provides a Hard Check to it, not to mention Pokémon like Roserade that can use Sleep Powder on Entei, and that's why I use Sleep Talk over Flare Blitz. I almost never click Flare Blitz and Sleep Talk helps me to defeat Roserade while asleep. Entei helps with Speed Control too, so if your opponent has a Mienshao/Beedrill-Mega, try to keep Entei alive and use Extreme Speed. Stone Edge is here because I can hit stuff like Gyarados for several damage in the switch.

@

Levitate | Timid Nature
252 SpA | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Draco Meteor | Dark Pulse | Fire Blast | U-Turn

~ You were the love of my life, the darkness, the light.

Hydreigon is the best Pokémon in the tier and case closed. Its flexibility is absurd, and it can demolish walls with its stupid Draco Meteor. I usually use it as a Late Game Cleaner or as a Revenge Killer, but its Speed Control ability is necessary to defeat things like Aerodactyl-Mega and Beedrill-Mega, and that's why I added it. Defeat fast Pokémon is pretty cool, even on a team that has both Entei and Aerodactyl-Mega, mostly because stuff like Beedrill-Mega and Cobalion suck. My most clicked move is Draco Meteor, since I have to hit everything very hard, and I click it because it has almost 0 switches. When your opponent has a Fairy-Type, always try to click U-Turn, then switch to Entei/Tentacruel to hit them. Pokémon that try to switch in Hydreigon (in theory) are very well punished by it, so Pokémon like Whimsicott and Cobalion are in Fire Blast's range and Pokémon like Blissey will lose momentum by switching-in an U-Turn, so I can easily break it with Krookodile/Aerodactyl. This team struggles versus Psychic-Types, even with Dark Spam, however, Hydreigon can threaten them a lot with it's STAB Dark Pulse, so bye Bronzong and Cresselia.

Aerodactyl-Mega (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Hone Claws
- Aqua Tail
- Stone Edge

Krookodile (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Celebi @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Sleep Talk
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Cresselia @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast / Ice Beam
- Moonlight

This is a more defensive variant of the team. Cresselia is here instead of Hydreigon because it can control Fighting-Types and Pokémon like Aerodactyl-Mega with ease, however, I'll be more weak to Beedrill-Mega, but my Speed Control is fast enough to defeat it with Entei + Aerodactyl-Mega. Cresselia is a secondary win condition and can defeat fast Pokémon like Aerodactyl-Mega and Mienshao. I use 96 Speed EVs to outspeed Jolly Crawdaunt and Sylveon, so Cresselia is even more dangerous. Unfortunately, the team is weaker to Pokémon like Krookodile and Hydreigon (even more weak in this case), so the way is use Colbur Berry and try to scout it. If it is versus Krookodile, I click moonlight to pick my next switch, if it clicks Pursuit, well, I will click CM next turn anyway, and versus Hydreigon I can just click Thunder Wave and Moonblast/CM next.

I can run one variant with Stealth Rock Krookodile and Nasty Plot Celebi, but I don't think that it is that effective.

Well, this team has a lot of flaws. The first one is, for sure Mienshao, I have absolutely 0 switches to it's Choice Scarf set and I can't outspeed it with Aerodactyl-Mega or Hydreigon. Another big threat is Cloyster, if Entei is locked into Extreme Speed click x. Pokémon like Aerodactyl-Mega and Krookodile are minor threats since I can play around them very well. Hydreigon can OHKO any Pokémon in this team. Escavalier is specially annoying if Drill Run, since it can OHKO Entei in the switch if at +2. Beedrill-Mega is scary 70% of the time, just try to keep Stealth Rock up and pressure it with Entei, Hydreigon and Aerodactyl; There are other threats, but this team can play around most of them very well.

Tl;Dr

Not in a special order
Cool people that are my friends:
Malin, GustavoYAY, retrowaves, LittleRunnerXC, modafocka nigga, Randomnick, Luna Bakitso, ericaroselia, ggggd, Ren-chon, LJDarkrai, lockjaw, Mistt, Nayuki, Ranbu No Melody,Yaotome, Jynx Nuggets, Marcos00002, DragonLatios, Wind Ice Wanni, woolf, xInsrew AndrewGoncel, Shorts.
Tutors: dfmetal, Yogibears.
Teammates: IPL: Brick Small., Znain, modafocka nigga, GustavoYAY PSPL: xJoelituh, Axel10, Ren-chon, lockjaw, Luna Bakitso, Viduf, retrowaves. IC: josito, Shoot, Leiteng, Dlanyer, Newalfonquest, Yeddra7, Jodeculos Ibarra gimme your Smogon nicks to shoutout more guys :[
Banner: Kalalokki

sorry if I forgot anyone :[

How you can see, I was going to top 2, but stupid Low Ladders fucked my run :[. I had 17 strike wins, so I think that this team has some merit '><
Peaked 07/28 2016

vs Euphonos
vs SubTerraN (IC)

Hope you like guys ;]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)