With The Barbenheimer Craze Slowing Down, Let's Settle This Once And For All...

Do You Believe The Use Of The Atomic Bomb On Japan Was Justified?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think you quite grasp the true horror of the atomic bomb. nothing compares to it, whether in deadliness or cruelty. if your city is nuked, the best thing you can hope for is to be in the center of the blast, as it is a far less painful death then having all the moisture in your body sucked out of you while surrounded by dead loved ones, knowing there is no one who can save you. there is not a single person who has ever lived that deserves such a fate. the atrocities commited by japan arent even remotely comparable to this. hiroshima and nagasaki were arguably the worse events to ever happen. what could possibly justify the unimaginably cruel slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians?
Good point. Nobody must have considered this. If only the 30 million people raped and killed in the Pacific Theater were here maybe they would have warned us.

i dont care how many warcrimes japan did it doesn't justify nuclear bombing cities full of regular people and civilians, and literally toddlers

it wasnt even a military target mor was the intention ever that, it was arbitrary, one target was going to be Kyoto but one of the american generals said "uh wait I wanna vacation there sometime please don't bomb that one"

ok this is actually kind of funny imo
yeah honestly the american side of the nuclear bomb is comical

like did you know that the real reason the nuclear bombs were dropped was to prevent Russia from taking more territory

the US military already knew and repeatedly sais internally that Japan was a ruined nation with basically no military, but they didn't want to unconditionally surrender because the military state thought the Americans would execute the Emperor, who was the military state's puppet to control the masses

america's military knew this because it was able to listen to all of it via radio lmao

anywho about a year prior the president and churchill asked joseph stalin if he could join the war against Japan and help end it quickly, and now that America basically won Russia still was going to go through with this, mostly so they could claim territory in Asia along the way

the ENTIRE. ENTIRE reason the bombs were dropped was to make Japan surrender literally days faster just to stop Russia from taking more territory

and in a sick disgusting way I think it's funny the depths america will go to to stay on top, in history and now, as an american. we will literally drop nuclear bombs on civilian targets to disallow our ally at the time from getting anything

Good point. Nobody must have considered this. If only the 30 million people raped and killed in the Pacific Theater were here maybe they would have warned us.
you think that justifies this? how can you listen to these stories of the survivors of the bombings and think anything could possibly excuse it. the bombings were a level of warfare not even remotely comparable to anything anyone has ever employed. the vast majority of the victims of the bombing were civilians who had never done anything to warrant a fraction of this armageddon. the bombings were massacres. nothing less. you cannot justify these crimes against humanity by stating that a few of the people killed from them commited war crimes magnitudes smaller then this. no one who has ever and will ever live deserves this fate.

you think that justifies this? how can you listen to these stories of the survivors of the bombings and think anything could possibly excuse it. the bombings were a level of warfare not even remotely comparable to anything anyone has ever employed. the vast majority of the victims of the bombing were civilians who had never done anything to warrant a fraction of this armageddon. the bombings were massacres. nothing less. you cannot justify these crimes against humanity by stating that a few of the people killed from them commited war crimes magnitudes smaller then this. no one who has ever and will ever live deserves this fate.
who do u think the Japanese were killing??? 30 MILLION people died at their hands and you're winning about American imperialism because you watched two videos on an atomic bomb. "a few war crimes" is exactly my point. America whitewashed the atrocities committed by Japan and you're hyper fixated on the "stories told by survivors" while ignoring the democide committed by one of the most brutal armies in history. you don't hear stories about all the dead Chinese and Russian people because that's not part of American history. use your brain before it rots.

Kodiak_45

LCPL Champion
i dont care how many warcrimes japan did it doesn't justify nuclear bombing cities full of regular people and civilians, and literally toddlers
the bombings were massacres. nothing less. you cannot justify these crimes against humanity by stating that a few of the people killed from them commited war crimes
You guys will excuse the long list of Japanese war crimes of mass rapes, genocide, slavery, torture and execution of prisoners of war, the use of biological and chemical agents, Unit 731, manufactured starvation in occupied territories, etc, etc. But God forbid a legitimate military target gets attacked with a new kind of weapon.

I have a suspicion you all feel the same way about Nazi Germany. The Nazis literally INDUSTRALIZED genocide in addition to a multitude of other Crimes against Humanity. But to you the bombing of Dresden somehow is worse than all of the above even though, like Hiroshima and Nagasaki, it was a legitimate military target.

and in a sick disgusting way I think it's funny the depths america will go to to stay on top, in history and now, as an american. we will literally drop nuclear bombs on civilian targets to disallow our ally at the time from getting anything
Ah yes the horrible, no good, and outright evilness of the American Rules Based Order, which consists of free trade and opposing genocide. I can't wait to hear your opinion on NATO intervention in the Yugoslav Wars or supplying arms to Ukraine.

You guys will excuse the long list of Japanese war crimes of mass rapes, genocide, slavery, torture and execution of prisoners of war, the use of biological and chemical agents, Unit 731, manufactured starvation in occupied territories, etc, etc. But God forbid a legitimate military target gets attacked with a new kind of weapon.

I have a suspicion you all feel the same way about Nazi Germany. The Nazis literally INDUSTRALIZED genocide in addition to a multitude of other Crimes against Humanity. But to you the bombing of Dresden somehow is worse than all of the above even though, like Hiroshima and Nagasaki, it was a legitimate military target.

Ah yes the horrible, no good, and outright evilness of the American Rules Based Order, which consists of free trade and opposing genocide. I can't wait to hear your opinion on NATO intervention in the Yugoslav Wars or supplying arms to Ukraine.
at no point did i ever excuse japan for their crimes. but the fact is that the crimes were commited by the government and the military. face the facts. history isnt full of heroes, just villains. from its conception, america has been hard-pressed on gaining as much power as possible, no matter the cost to others. america has commited countless genocides. america has even instilled dictators in foreign countries. america commited war crimes in ww2 as well. by your logic, that means that the morally correct choice for japan would be to nuke a city such as chicago. you cannot justify war crimes with war crimes.
who do u think the Japanese were killing??? 30 MILLION people died at their hands and you're winning about American imperialism because you watched two videos on an atomic bomb. "a few war crimes" is exactly my point. America whitewashed the atrocities committed by Japan and you're hyper fixated on the "stories told by survivors" while ignoring the democide committed by one of the most brutal armies in history. you don't hear stories about all the dead Chinese and Russian people because that's not part of American history. use your brain before it rots.
is your idea of using your brain killing hundreds of thousands of innocents because their government did the same in a far less brutal way? i did not claim that japan was in the right. you think because i claim america was the villain, that japan was the hero. thats not how history works. if we were to justify nuking countries because of the war crimes they commited, you would be justified in nuking most of the world.

i can't witchu. i figured at least somewhere in your required watching of those videos they would have explained that you die instantly in an atomic bomb instead of being tortured to death. "but what about the radiation????? I am very smart!!!!"

i can't witchu. i figured at least somewhere in your required watching of those videos they would have explained that you die instantly in an atomic bomb instead of being tortured to death. "but what about the radiation????? I am very smart!!!!"
thats only if your in the center of the blast. do you think before you post? have you even watched the videos?

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
if we were to justify nuking countries because of the war crimes they commited, you would be justified in nuking most of the world.

I will exterminate the English language. With this, I'll rid the world of infestation. All men will breathe free again - reclaim their past, present, and future. This is no ethnic cleanser. It is a "liberator," to free the world from America. Let the world be. Sans lingua franca, the world be torn asunder. And then, it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain. The world will need a new common tongue. A language of nukes!!!

My Metal Gears shall be the thread by which all countries are bound together, in equality. No Posts will be needed. Every man will be forced to recognize his neighbor. People will swallow their pain. They will link lost hands. And the world will become one. This war is peace!!!!!

Teh

the saint
is a Pre-Contributor
the people that died in the nuclear blast weren't responsible for the war crimes japan committed.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Do you believe that the use of the atomic bomb on Japan during World War II was justified? What's your opinion on this historical and ethical issue?
I would simply not imagine the atom bomb, people rly shouldnt go see films if theyre lives are so disturbed by a philosophical issue raised in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)