Wow, it has been 30 years already

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It has been 30 years already since I was born, let us gather and celebrate.

In 1981, microwave ovens were a new purchase for every home. Can anyone imagine what life had been before them?

Phones still resembled those things:

forget touchtone... and certainly forget cellphones

Colour TVs had been around for a fair while but it seems every single home still had a small black and white television for secondary set (we had 3 of those..).

To change channel on the television, you actually had to get up your ass and walk to it.. as nobody had remote controllers.

Another completely new thing : VCRs. They were awesome and perhaps the first things we've seen remote controls for.

Music was on cassettes. Recording from the radio was those years' pirating.

Perhaps more shocking than anything else: my mom was still using this at work... and had another one at home :

Computers seemed to only exist at the NASA and in works of fiction.

My dad played such video games on the Intellevision :

People were just about to adopt the worst hair style in the history of mankind and cars all looked like boxes, unappealingly square. My mom's car :

... and the Internet was the one piece about the future nobody predicted in all works of fiction made about the years 2000s. Flying cars? Maybe next century.

I was born in 1986. Allow me to demonstrate why that year was the...

BEST

YEAR

EVAR

Also:

What your women secretly wanted you to be, every night.

They set the bar too high. Now they fail at life.

Where you taste of sun glasses come from.

Class of '86

This dude. He rocked.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I really appreciate people like you.

I'm pretty damn young myself, and being "30" has always been a taboo for me. Will I still be the same person 11 years from now? Will I still enjoy gaming? I always think about these things. It sounds silly (people don't really change) but... when I look at my dad who got married at 27... urgh.

Hopefully 11 years from now i'll still be on this site hahahahaha.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
yeah well everyone knows 1989 was the best year ever, the berlin wall fell, need i say any more????????????????????

That.. whatever that car is, is actually kinda cute. It's a sufficiently mom car.

1989 was a pretty bangin' year if you ignore

this

and focus on

and

and

Seinfeld also debuted. Voyager reached Neptune and photographed it for the first time ever. /nerd for space

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you guys are really going to argue about any other year than 1984? I mean, there are books and MOVIES about 1984.

What's it like to be 30 vinny? I'm fast approaching and kind of curious.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
heal bell Vincenzo

I'm 28.5, I'll be there with you soon buddy! :jump:

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
LOL 1997 FOR LIFE

although im about 99% sure nothing even remotely interesting happened that year uhh

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I can remember before we had internet. Barely, but thats all I have >.> old people making me feel even younger in this forum 24/7.

I fail to see what's wrong with the car design in the OP's post, I actually don't think it looks half bad compared to some of the shit out there right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)