Wreck-It Ralph: Video Game Cameos Galore

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Director: Rich Moore

Cast: John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch

Synopsis:
Wreck-It Ralph (voice of Reilly) longs to be as beloved as his game’s perfect Good Guy, Fix-It Felix (voice of McBrayer). Problem is, nobody loves a Bad Guy. But they do love heroes… so when a modern, first-person shooter game arrives featuring tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (voice of Lynch), Ralph sees it as his ticket to heroism and happiness. He sneaks into the game with a simple plan—win a medal—but soon wrecks everything, and accidently unleashes a deadly enemy that threatens every game in the arcade. Ralph’s only hope? Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Silverman), a young troublemaking “glitch” from a candy-coated cart racing game who might just be the one to teach Ralph what it means to be a Good Guy. But will he realize he is good enough to become a hero before it’s “Game Over” for the entire arcade?
TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GHDQHVkYq4g#

I'm really excited to see this movie.

PS: This movie comes out on my birthday. It's a sign.

This is an absolutely brilliant idea for a movie. I predict it makes an absurd amount of money. This goes onto my 'excited for' list haha. Thanks for posting this, because I had never heard of it.

breh

強いだね
This definitely looks interesting. I'm wondering how obscure a video game they'll be willing to make cameos from.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This looks pretty good, and it's rare that one trailer put it's immediately on my must see list. Odd to see Disney using other companies characters and likenesses though. Usually they like to keep it in house. I guess they've never really made many video games they could trade off though. Anything with the PacMan ghosts animated will work for me. I can see them pulling out some real classics.

The style looks work though, considering it's a Disney studios production. They've only used the 3D for a couple of things previously, and it didn't seem to be that revolutionary. Usually they just leave it to Pixar, though it's not like they've tried to get rid of Pixar in the past or anything...

Looks really cool. Crazy to see Robotnik and Bowser in the same scene.

I hate the youth, BTW. The YouTube comments had people saying the zombie was from Plants vs. Zombies and that the song played in the trailer was by Flo Rida.

Hmm, looks good. Childrens movies have been getting weirder and weirder looking, this looks pretty neat though certainly want to see it.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I pegged this as a movie that's going to get everything wrong as soon as I saw the poster and I'll need glowing testimonials before I even consider seeing it.

After seeing the trailer, it looks like a movie that will make people think "Oh it was so cool when Eggman and the Pacman ghost showed up, but the rest wasn't very good"

(Obvious obligatory comment here about how it would be funnier if it weren't intended for such a young demographic)

It's a great concept. However, most movies that try to fit in that many references tend to be mediocre... But here, the whole point is the references... Might be good?

Cool concept, odd how there haven't really been many movies about video games before, considering how popular they've become in recent years (only one I can think of is Tron, not counting actual adaptations of video games themselves).

Also, major props for using Talking Heads in the trailer!

This looks amazing. I loved the part where Ralph said that he wanted to be a good guy and then bowser did a spit take with flames.

Now, the trailer looked pretty decent. But hopefully the movie will be up to standard. It's gonna be hard to insert this many bad guy icons and references into this movie. Disney's gonna have to study the video game culture hard.

This is probably a case of a trailer showing the best bits in the entire movie. We will probably get 5-10 minutes max of non disney game characters and then just the main characters traveling through game parodies.

I would be fine with being wrong though.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm not very pleased with Reilly playing Ralph; doesn't seem to mesh well, in my opinion. Otherwise, I am excited for this, despite the mixed opinions of my other gaming friends. I hope Disney hams up the nostalgia factor and really rocks this one.

Also, Q*bert is adorbs

i don't know i feel about sarah silverman as a voice actor. she's hilarious, but her humour stems from her expressions and wacky behaviour.

otherwise, my expectations are moderate to high.

though if peach appears and she's all wrong, i will stop watching immediately.

I'm shocked that Disney could get the rights to get all these cameos
I hope this movie doesn't suck and i hope they use nostalgia factor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)