Wtf I&T Makes Another RMT

I think AncientPower is a good idea on kill over tri attack and for zapdos I think mamowsine would work well enough but ice beam would be a big help on starmie

The two problem pokemon for this team are evidently Zapdos and Cresselia.

I am out the door, so I will edit this later.
Well I don't consider Zapdos a problem considering Mamoswine stops it completely. On top of that I think Gallade can deal with it since it has high Special Defense.

I don't carry STAB Dark or Ghost attacks so I can't deal with Cresselia properly. That would be one of the situations in which Shadow Sneak over Night Slash screws me over.

I think AncientPower is a good idea on kill over tri attack and for zapdos I think mamowsine would work well enough but ice beam would be a big help on starmie
Well you're going to have to tell me why AncientPower is better because right now Tri Attack is helping me rape a lot of teams.

Without Surf or Thunderbolt Starmie becomes susceptible to certain Pokemon. If I give up Surf Starmie cant damage Mamoswine and if I give up Thunderbolt Gyarados becomes a problem. Unfortunately now I won't give up Recover either ha ha.

Thing is Tri Attack has the same power after STAB and is alot better for the Scarf set. Air Slash and Tri Attack dispose of things that are weak to Ancientpower, Moltres, Yanmega, and Charizard to name a few.

I see a pretty big ScarfGar weak. Nothing can switch in safely, and everything except Togekiss and Gallade (but you have Life Orb Recoil, making it almost 100% after you kill it, from its 25%) can be 1HKOed by one of its moves, so you're probably going to want to fix that hole. (All these calcs were also assuming Timid, so Gallade will be KOed 100% of the time with Orb recoil after, and 75% without it)

True and actually to be honest I forgot that even with the boost of AP you can't switch attacks. Tri Attack could work better.

I really like this team, so I wish I could help but I can't find anything. ScarfKiss has always been my favorite pokemon, so it's awesome other people like it too =D

I say keep tri attack, even though you already are well prepared for garchomps, it's awesome when people switch chomp on a tri attack and having it get crippled with any of the statuses, and mamoswine covers togekiss/zapdos anyway (obvious, tho) =D Most people don't expect to be statused by tri attack, where as they might have a status absorber, etc, which is what I like about surprise tri-attack.

10/10 - well, I don't see how I could give it less when I can't find anything else wrong.

I see a pretty big ScarfGar weak. Nothing can switch in safely, and everything except Togekiss and Gallade (but you have Life Orb Recoil, making it almost 100% after you kill it, from its 25%) can be 1HKOed by one of its moves, so you're probably going to want to fix that hole. (All these calcs were also assuming Timid, so Gallade will be KOed 100% of the time with Orb recoil after, and 75% without it)
Well I don't want to add any walls or anything to take hits so obviously Ill be taking damage from a swich. Besides Timid ScarfGar lacks power. Togekiss takes care of him and once he is locked on an attack its easy to dispose of him.

Why don't you just go a few points higher in speed and beat Jolly Tyranitar before a speed boost?
Yeah I was taking that into consideration >.>

I really like this team, so I wish I could help but I can't find anything. ScarfKiss has always been my favorite pokemon, so it's awesome other people like it too =D

I say keep tri attack, even though you already are well prepared for garchomps, it's awesome when people switch chomp on a tri attack and having it get crippled with any of the statuses, and mamoswine covers togekiss/zapdos anyway (obvious, tho) =D Most people don't expect to be statused by tri attack, where as they might have a status absorber, etc, which is what I like about surprise tri-attack.

10/10 - well, I don't see how I could give it less when I can't find anything else wrong.

Anyways, Electvire can sweep this team pretty badly. Choice Band Tyranitar also hurts. Really, any sweeper can hurt this team pretty badly. Choice Band Swampert is something intresting that can beat all of those Pokemon. It also still keeps power to keep attacking like you said in this thread.

Well I don't want to add any walls or anything to take hits so obviously Ill be taking damage from a swich. Besides Timid ScarfGar lacks power. Togekiss takes care of him and once he is locked on an attack its easy to dispose of him.
Not really. If you face Modest, Thunderbolt does a dent. As a lead, you have to fear hypnosis. And if you want to switch back into Shadow Ball, you might ending up taking SR damage. Also, he can switch out of the attack easily, just like he can switch into a Togekiss Tri Attack. You're always going to have to revenge it, which you'll find annoying. Anyways, have you played with this team before? I'd be interested in hearing results of playing around and how it fares against the threats

Anyways, Electvire can sweep this team pretty badly. Choice Band Tyranitar also hurts. Really, any sweeper can hurt this team pretty badly. Choice Band Swampert is something intresting that can beat all of those Pokemon. It also still keeps power to keep attacking like you said in this thread.
Choice Band Tyranitar won't be sweeping my team at all. He gets stopped in his tracks because once he uses one attack he is leaving himself vulnerable to others.

Stone Edge -> Lucario
Earthquake -> Togekiss + Gyarados
Crunch -> Lucario

Electivire is a different story.

Choice Band Swampert is not much of a problem. I've encountered him a couple times. He loses even if its a revenge kill.

Not really. If you face Modest, Thunderbolt does a dent. As a lead, you have to fear hypnosis. And if you want to switch back into Shadow Ball, you might ending up taking SR damage. Also, he can switch out of the attack easily, just like he can switch into a Togekiss Tri Attack. You're always going to have to revenge it, which you'll find annoying. Anyways, have you played with this team before? I'd be interested in hearing results of playing around and how it fares against the threats
I don't find revenge killing annoying. This team has done extraordinarily well.

I've come to realize that I can't be protected against every offensive threat but if I can hit every defensive threat hard, then in theory I should be able to hit those offensive threats even harder.

So far problems have been Cresselia but the only true way to get rid of it is with a Dark type Pokemon.

Electivire will be a problem given that base 95 speed means it outspeeds 5/6 Pokemon, and 4/6 when taking Togekiss' Scarf into consideration.

I'm saying that you should use Choice Band Swampert to counter those threats. Say the opponent had a Choice Band Tyranitar lead, if you used AS, it wouldn't kill it, while if it predicted a switch, it can really hurt your team. Anyways, thsi team is pretty good.

I'm saying that you should use Choice Band Swampert to counter those threats. Say the opponent had a Choice Band Tyranitar lead, if you used AS, it wouldn't kill it, while if it predicted a switch, it can really hurt your team. Anyways, thsi team is pretty good.
I wouldn't dream of using Air Slash >.> It only does about 17-22%

Choice Band Swampert would help with Electivire a lot but that would mean giving something up. The only thing I can think of is Lucario who hasn't really helped much :-\

Okay so I updated Team Julia to handle Tyranitar and Electivire better. Unfortunately I have a Celebi problem :|

Run something to beat Cress and Celebi at the same time. My suggestion is replacing Gallade with MoPcross(252 Attack/ 252 speed/ 6 sdef Swarm w/30 hp iv for salac after 3 subs)-Sub/Swords Dance/Megahorn/Close Combat with Salac Berry(generally Stone Edge is better for coverage but you have no Magnezone to trap steels). Adamant is great for power in general, but Jolly will ensure you outspeed the faster CM Celebi variants that try to Psychic you. Jolly is a better choice in my opinion. I really think that will benefit this team greatly.

Good luck, Ike and Tina.

Thanks for the help guys. Especially you Slice N Dice and DFA. Those suggestions made the team. Especially MoPcross.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)