XY Battle Spot Singles (First RMT)

Hey there everybody, this is my very first rate my team thread. The idea of the team is to create momentum using Rotom-W and Scizor while taking a third pokemon (Preferably a wall) to sponge attacks for both. So without further ado, here's the gang!

Maytag (Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump

99% of the time, I'm using Rotom-W as an aggressive leadout. He really packs a wallop with his STAB moves. I like him, because when I lead with him, one of two things happen. Either, one, I predict the switch and volt turn into an answer, or I stay in against pokes I can outspeed and get an OHKO right off the bat.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

The other half of the Volt/Turn core. STAB Technician Bullet Punch at a +1 priority scares out a lot of stuff that I don't want in. In most of the battles I've had with this team, Scizor hasn't even attacked. All I have to do is wave him around, and the scary stuff retreats back into the shadows.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Superpower
- Play Rough

Where to even start with this guy? After belly drum, he hits like an absolute MONSTER. He can switch in on resisted attacks, thanks to his nice bulk. He can then set up and perform a sweep, mowing down everything with aqua jet. Play rough is a nice STAB that I use on some bulkier stuff.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Now this guy is a real conundrum. I feel like this is the weakest selection on the whole team. Every time I play him, I have to wonder why he's banned in OU. In all honesty, I'm a noob, so I'm probably playing him all sorts of wrong. In this team, he really feels like a square peg in a round hole.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

My favorite pokemon since forever. My friends have dedicated skarmory counters on their teams for when they play me, if that tells you anything. After getting walled by Trevenant with Harvest shenanigans, I decided that I needed a big, bulky taunt user.

Blissey (F) @ BrightPowder
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

I know, I know. She probably needs a better item. I kinda just gave her something off the top of my head. Stupid item clause... So, the big question I have with her is, should I be running seismic toss over flamethrower?

In conclusion, my team is fairly well put together, with only a few question marks (albeit big ones). So, let me know what you guys thing, yeah? =D

Well, your team looks decent enough for Battle Spot. It could probably use more Ice attacks though, just because Garchomp is running everywhere in Battle Spot. Also, be very careful of Mold Breaker Earthquake leads, e.g. Excadrill which eats up your Rotom-W for breakfast.

For Azumarill, give it Sitrus Berry so that it loses only 25% HP to Belly Drum. Leftovers can be given to Blissey instead then. I'd suggest Seismic Toss > Flamethrower on Blissey also. Not sure how often you use your Skarmory, because that looks like one huge Taunt bait with 0 attacking moves. :s For M-Kanga, you may want to move some EVs from HP to Speed instead so that it can outspeed more threats and KO them with Return (unboosted Sucker Punch is not exactly the strongest move, after all).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)