XY OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY (MAKING A NEW THREAD)

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Swellow using Defog is pretty bad and it faces stiff competition from Talonflame which brags priority Brave Bird, STAB Flare Blitz, Bulk Up / Swords Dance to bolster its offenses, priority Roost, and a plethora of other things.

With Talonflame existing there's absolutely 0 reason to using Swellow.

Also the only way I can see Umbreon making it onto an analysis is something like this:

- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

With Heal Bell worthy of a mention as well. Otherwise like Fuzznip said - Fighting- and Bug-type weaknesses really fuck it over. As does Clefable.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Talonflame doesn't have Defog but really using Swellow for Defog is like using Magikarp to kill Deoxys-A in Ubers.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah Umbreon's weaknesses kinda suck for it but then again, it's pretty much the same case with everything. No Pokémon's gonna be able to check everything but that's what teammates are for. Plus, the support that Umbreon is capable of giving its teammates allows them to more consistently deal with the stuff that threatens Umbreon.

As for the set, I actually preferred using

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight / Wish
- Yawn / Protect

Never really considered Toxic just because of how you tend to attract MegaLuke all the time though that could work too. Moonlight's usable thanks to the weather nerf and frees up space for a status move but Wish lets you support teammates.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
That set can also work. I would just put Toxic as a slash for an option as a status move or even mention it in AC.

Reuniclus is QC ready.

EDIT: Should I bump the thread or just wait for the QC team to get to it? It's pretty far back in the list of threads, but I get that the QC members are busy with other analyses, so I'm not sure if I should bump it or not.

Last edited:
The following Pokemon can now be reserved:

Breloom (BH)
Slowbro
Tyrantrum
Chandelure

Also, Umbreon and Swellow are not getting analyses after discussing them with QC. Sorry.

Aw hell yeah, I'll drop Articuno since I don't think it merits an analysis, and I'll take Tyrantrum.

Skeleton for Tyrantrum should be ready sometime tomorrow.

• Lack of 4x weaknesses to Ice
  • Mold Breaker / Sheer Force instead of an ability that is useless against Special Attackers.
  • Glare
  • Has priority in Sucker Punch
Honestly, don't bother with Druddigon. It's pretty much outclassed by Garchomp as a Stealth Rock setter and by most other Dragons when used offensively. Okay, it has no 4x Ice weakness, but it's still weak to it. Mold Breaker and Sheer Force are not good enough to justify it's use. Glare has gotten worse with Electric-types being immune to it and Sucker Punch priority is a mixed bag (it's weak, can fail, and can be set up on if you mispredict), so I don't believe those make it viable in OU.

To reserve a new Pokemon, do your current reservations need to be completely written up or does the "written stage" refer to any point after the second QC check? If the latter is the case, I'd like to reserve Magnezone before anyone else takes it, seeing as the original analysis was rejected.

To reserve a new Pokemon, do your current reservations need to be completely written up or does the "written stage" refer to any point after the second QC check? If the latter is the case, I'd like to reserve Magnezone before anyone else takes it, seeing as the original analysis was rejected.
It is when you have written up the analysis to get the third stamp.

The following Pokemon can now be reserved:

Magnezone
Abomasnow
Deoxys-D (BH)
Excadrill (BH)
Infernape

The following users have 24 hours to post their analyses:

Snorlax - Jaroda
Haxorus - Jaroda
Vaporeon - thedeafelectrician
Smeargle - Jahf12
Gogoat - Cyris Talkhelm

If you wish to prevent your analysis from being rejected, make sure you know what you're talking about. It is so, so, so easy to determine whether you know what you're doing or not, so don't lie to yourself.

Last edited:
Crazy timing, I literally just posted my Haxorus analysis, its ready for rating. I'm going to relinquish Snorlax though, no time.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Escavalier and Aerodactyl still need checks.

Also will be glad to snipe Conkeldurr or Gyarados too since the former isn't working on it currently and... Iunno about Subject you're still working hard on it right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)