XY OU Team please help me out

Hey guys I've decided to make singles team. For the first (nearly) year of X and Y I've mostly been playing VGC and I thought i would try my luck on smogon before I go out and do my breeding. I'm open to any suggestions. I feel the team plays pretty well overall but at the moment I'm really lacking a way to get fairy pokemon off the field

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 100 HP / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

A quick defog user who hits pretty hard. I went with Latias for a little more bulk, I like the 100 hp as it allows him to easily live most stab ice moves and hit back with a draco meteor. Life Orb is there to make up for the missing special attack ivs

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Standard assault vest Azumarill, Knock off is great for if you can predict a switch as it hits hard and removes the foes item. Azumarill is one of favourite pokemon which is why I chose to put him in this team mainly

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Fast special attacker with some status support with prankster thunder wave. hidden power ice allows me ko any gliscors that try and switch in on a thunder bolt.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

I run a bulky Charizard X in my doubles team and I loved it so much i decided to try it in my singles team. Will o Wisping when you know they are gonna switch is always good. Roost for survive-ability and the 2 attacks for that stab boost

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Stealth Rocker who hits hard and can pull of a surprise ko with endeavor ice shard, oblivious is there so he can't be taunted so rocks can be set up evs and nature pretty standard I feel

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Spore
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Bulky, sleep support, I went for special defense as most of its weaknesses hit in the form of a special attack. Leech Seed for added HP regen as well as another way to deal damage if I'm stalling out a poke. Drain Punch is stab aswell as providing more regen and protect is there to scout out and stall enemy pokemon.

I don't have extensive competitive experience, so don't quote me on anything.

This team is really offensively oriented, but as you've pointed out it has a problem by having no resists, counters and having two weaknesses to Fairy which is really easy to exploit. Latias and Breloom are all weak to stealth rock, while the none of your other Pokemon resist or even have a steel or poison move to counter fairy. If it's scarfed your team is pretty much going down.

Because you don't want your defogger dying so early, I'd recommend changing out Latias to Scizor. Doing so provides you with two important things that are currently missing from your team. Slapping U-turn onto Scizor allows it to act as a pivot for a safe switch in to your other Pokemon, and it can also function as a Defogger, and access to STAB Technician Bullet Punch with nice priority allows you to shrug off faries and potentially really dent or even OHKO frail ones.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
248HP / 252Def / 8 SpD
- Defog
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Hope I helped, and good luck with your team! I don't feel confident enough to provide more comprehensive changes, though.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Fire / Thunderbolt / Surf
- Defog

If you want an offensive defogger, Latios is the way to go. Latias is built for more defensive and support'ish ideals.

As for Mamoswine and Breloom, I wouldn't recommend putting them on the same team. They are both best at using them as your lead pKmN.
I would recommend swapping 1 or the other for 'Heatran' or 'Talonflame.' Heatran being the a wall that your team needs; and goes well w/ the Lati Twins checking each other's weakness'. Talonflame being the more offensive one; keeping the pressure w/ Priority Brave Bird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)