Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling this now =)

BIGGEST THREAT IN THE METAGAME GOGOGOGOGO

Will edit with ... pretty much everything else later

Code:
#469 Yanmega

Typing: Bug / Flying

Ability 1: Speed Boost- Speed increase by one stage each turn except the turn that the Pokemon switched into battle
Ability 2: Tinted Lens- The Power of "not very effective" moves is doubled

HP: 86
    ATK: 76
    DEF: 86
    SAtk: 116
    Sp.Def: 56
    Spe: 95

Speed Boost Abuse
move 1: Protect
move 2: Bug Buzz
move 3: Air Slash
move 4: Giga Drain / HP Fire
ability: Speed Boost
evs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
nature: Modest
item: Life Orb

Choice Specs
move 1: Bug Buzz
move 2: Air Slash
move 3: Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Fighting
move 4: Giga Drain / U-turn
ability: Tinted Lens
evs: 4 HP / 252 SAtl / 252 Spe
nature: Timid / Modest
item: Choice Specs

DISCUSS

Choice Specs is one of the biggest threats in RU imo, but still whatever set its running you know its usually going to be trouble and can take out at least a single Pokemon per match if you give it the right support. It might go this round, it might not. Honestly if Blastoise was still RU definietly Yanmega would have to go but wth its biggest and best partner going I think Yanmega can be checked a little bit easier with SR considering there are next no no viable spinners (Eviolite Pineco LOL SR WEAK).

Just a crazy motherfucker

There's really no excuse not to use U-Turn on the specs set, since tinted lens Bug Buzz and Air Slash alone are enough to mess up anything but the handful of dedicated special walls you should be U-Turning out of anyway.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
What exactly is HP Firefight hitting? If you're not running TL on the specs set you're doing something wrong already, and i can't think of a Steel in RU that is gonna double resist Thug Buzz, so just go with Giga Drain for the HP recovery.

What exactly is HP Firefight hitting? If you're not running TL on the specs set you're doing something wrong already, and i can't think of a Steel in RU that is gonna double resist Thug Buzz, so just go with Giga Drain for the HP recovery.
Aggron does resist it 4x iirc

Back in Gen 4 UU when we banned Yanmega for the Specs set, we had to prove that Yanmega gets to a broken level within the 3 turns allotted by Stealth Rock. I don't see how it isn't since most of the walls that can actually take a Bug Buzz are stuck in UU.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Munchlax can take a hit from it and kecleon is barely not 2hkoed by bug buzz but other than that I don't. See mega staying ru by even usage stats at this rate it will go uu before being banned

I personally think that Togetic is the best counter to this. Resists Bug (for the SB set) and if it U-turns, just Nasty Plot on the switch.

I honestly think Yanmega's classic lead set is still good.

hypnosis/bug buzz/air slash/protect(hp fire/fight) with speed boost is solid, though certainly not the fearsome sweeper it has the potential to be.

I think you should consider this spread as an alternative on the Speed Boost set
nature: modest
evs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
This lets you outspeed Max Speed Timid Alakazam after one boost (via Protect of course) and gives you much more bulk than the current spread listed.
Just some food for thought.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Scarf Tinted Lens isnt bad persay, but it's kind of missing the point. With specs bug buzz hitting almost everything neutral, you're just trying to kill everything, and you lose the ability to 2hko 90% of the meta by running scarf. You're less powerful than speed boost and can't wallbreak like specs. It coukd be good for surprise value (kill a weakened entei with buzz and then surprise their alakazam trying to revege) but overall it's worse than the other two sets.

252 SpAtk Choice Specs Yanmega Bug Buzz vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Regice: 24,18% - 28,85%
252 SpAtk Choice Specs Yanmega Hidden Power Rock vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Regice: 25,27% - 30,22%

Without SR those are 4-5 hit KO's, (factoring in Lefties, but no Ice Body)
With SR those are 3-4 hit KO's (again only leftovers)

Either I do my calcs wrong, or Regice is a very underrated check counter to Yanmega

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lack of recovery, sr weak while not being spikes or tspikes immune, and a crap typing are why regice isn't really in discussions. Plus, though it takes attacks well, it doesnt really do much damage to anything. If it werent for gen v rest mechanics it would be a solid choice in ru but every team has multiple mons that can hit regice hard and it can't recover fast enough.

And if sr is up, you only get one switch in where you can do anything, on the second switch into yanmega you get killed.

Rest+Sleep Talk can be used in RU with good results, ice typing doesn't matter much because Regice is meant to be a special wall and there are no special attacks in RU that can even 2HKO it and 100 base special attack + ice beam/thunderbolt on a special wall are much better than pretty much any non-Uber can do and will either murder Yanmega or force it out, which is a bad thing on something with quad SR weakness.
RestTalk Regice is a hard counter, no ands if and buts. Run it in your team and Yanmega is a non-issue.
Now please tell me, what else does it do besides countering Yanmega?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)