Media Yu-Gi-Oh discussion

Does anyone have a Skill Drain build of Dark World? I think it is a perfectly viable alternative if you don't have Tour Guides. Tour Guide is good in both versions, but with Skill Drain at least you have more of an excuse.

Ok, so after running Dragunitys for ages I wanted to try out a deck that dosent need a field spell active all the time. So. does anyone here have any tips for Gishkis when they are released?

I run a Sams deck. But I need some advice on building it properly. Never did testing it on DN though...

3x Kagemusha of the Six Samurai
3x Six Samurai - Kizan
2x Six Samurai - Kageki
2x Spirit of the Six Samurai
1x Six Samurai - Irou
1x Six Samurai - Kamon
1x Six Samurai - Zanji
1x Hand of the Six Samurai
1x Great Shogun Shien
1x Enishi, Shien's Chancellor
1x Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
1x Six Samurai - Yariza
1x Shien's Footsoldier
1x Six Samurai - Yaichi

1x Shien's Smoke Signal
1x Residence of the Six
1x Gateway of the Six
1x Legendary Ebon Steed
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Lightning Vortex
1x Six Samurai United
1x Six Strike - Triple Impact
1x Cunning of the Six Samurai
1x Six Scrolls of the Samurai

1x Double-Edged Sword Technique
1x Sakuretsu Armor
1x Mirror Force
1x Return of the Six Samurai
1x Enchanted Javelin
1x Musakani Magatama
1x Breakthrough!
1x Swallow Flip
1x Swiftstrike Armor
1x Scrap-Iron Scarecrow

:D

I don't know much about Six Sams, but I do know you're running far too many non-essential traps, and missing a bunch of staples, also you should try out Legendary Six Samurai, they're much better than their predecessors (excluding Grandmaster)

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Wow, I've been testing Rescue Rabbit quite a bit on DN, and am really impressed by it so far. If you are able to get out Evolzar Laggia on the first turn by exceeding with Kabazauls, you put your opponent in an extremely tight position, because they would have either have to waste their normal summon or use Dark Hole just to get rid of its exceed materials. Gold Sarcophagus combos very well with Tour Guide and rabbit, as it can banish rabbit, while Tour Guide can get Leviair on the very same turn to get out rabbit, who then makes Laggia. If Leviair stays alive until your next turn, you can easily make Dolkka or another Laggia. If your opponent doesn't have Veiler in hand when you summon Tour Guide while Laggia is on the field, you pretty much win.

As for the variant I've been trying, I can't really decide whether to use Dimensional Fissure or not. While the monsters themselves don't utilize the graveyard much, I like having access to things like Pot of Avarice, Monster Reborn, Maxx "C" and Daigusto Emeral. Have any of you guys found a variant you are comfortable with yet? Also, are there any uses for Rescue Rabbit outside of dinosaurs?

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wow, I've been testing Rescue Rabbit quite a bit on DN, and am really impressed by it so far. If you are able to get out Evolzar Laggia on the first turn by exceeding with Kabazauls, you put your opponent in an extremely tight position, because they would have either have to waste their normal summon or use Dark Hole just to get rid of its exceed materials. Gold Sarcophagus combos very well with Tour Guide and rabbit, as it can banish rabbit, while Tour Guide can get Leviair on the very same turn to get out rabbit, who then makes Laggia. If Leviair stays alive until your next turn, you can easily make Dolkka or another Laggia. If your opponent doesn't have Veiler in hand when you summon Tour Guide while Laggia is on the field, you pretty much win.

As for the variant I've been trying, I can't really decide whether to use Dimensional Fissure or not. While the monsters themselves don't utilize the graveyard much, I like having access to things like Pot of Avarice, Monster Reborn, Maxx "C" and Daigusto Emeral. Have any of you guys found a variant you are comfortable with yet? Also, are there any uses for Rescue Rabbit outside of dinosaurs?
For Rescue Rabbit to have any hope against plants or any tier 1 deck, I would say they must run D-Fissure, otherwise Maxx-C just destroys them terribly.

I'm really quite underwhelmed by Rabbit and I think it will not challenge any of the current meta decks. It's way too inconsistent, and even if you do get a turn one Rabbit or something stuff like Maxx-C still screws with it.

I am really looking forward to how YCS Kansas turns out - will anything be able to challenge plants? I think Dark World will do much better, but nowhere near as good as plants and even agents. I think Rabbit decks will do probably worse than Dark Worlds did in Columbus, because you don't have to really side for Rabbit aside for Bottomless which isn't a big deal anyway.

Curious to see if someone is able to make a consistent build for them though

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The thing about Macro is the inconsistency and inability to plus at times. In theory Macro should do really well with all of the graveyard reliant stuff in the meta, but Duality as the only "draw" power (besides inconsistent Cyber Valley) makes it hard to get what you need. The deck also falls apart if Macro/D-Fissure leaves the field. Rabbit decks are fairly similar in this regard, which is, in my opinion, why they won't do too well.

If Chaos Greed didn't have the stupid "no cards in graveyard" rule I think Macro would get that much better :/

So, this may be a dumb place to ask an opinion, but I have approximently 500 or so Yu-Gi-Oh cards from my childhood dating back to the first year or so of popularity. I was wondering if they would have a higher value if I sold them now or if I held on to them for ten years to sell them?

Ordering cards to complete my Frog Monarch and Dark World decks tommorow. (:

Any good sites to order from? I am probably going to run triple Dark World Dealings in Dark World. Personal preference and idgaf about the mirror.

Ordering cards to complete my Frog Monarch and Dark World decks tommorow. (:

Any good sites to order from? I am probably going to run triple Dark World Dealings in Dark World. Personal preference and idgaf about the mirror.
ideal808 is good from what I hear, but I use Trollandtoad; reliable, fair pricing, good stock, great mail options.

Trollandtoad is win on the orders. Right nowi m waiting for 2 boxes of Photon. Cant wait to crack them. finish up Kuraz Perfect circle and im soon to post it.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Best counter for rabbit?
Maxx "C" (if they don't have d-fissure), Bottomless Trap Hole, and Solemn Warning. If they get 1st turn Laggia and leviair, there really isn't much you can do about it, except force Laggia to get rid of its exceeds and kill Leviair on the same turn. However, if they dead draw 1st turn (which they often do), you can overwhelm rabbit pretty quickly.

Speaking of Rabbit, would anyone like to give my anti-meta build suggestions? It's been testing well on DN, but has some consistency issues:

Total: 41

Monsters: 19
3 X Kabazauls
3 X Sabesaurus
3 X Jurrac Guaiba
3 X Rescue Rabbit
3 X Tour Guide from the Underworld
1 X Sangan
1 X Blackwing: Gale the Whirlwind
1 X Neo-spacian Grand Mole
1 X Morphing Jar

Spells: 14
1 X Book of Moon
1 X Dark Hole
3 X Dimensional Fissure
2 X Gold Sarcophagus
2 X Shard of Greed
3 X Mystical Space Typhoon
2 X Smashing Ground

Traps: 8
1 X Mirror Force
1 X Solemn Judgment
2 X Solemn Warning
2 X Starlight Road
1 X Torrential Tribute
1 X Trap Dustshoot

Side Deck:
2 X Cyber Dragon
2 X Kinetic Soldier
1 X Heavy Storm
1 X Leeching the Light
2 X Chain Disappearance
2 X Debunk
2 X Shadow Imprisoning Mirror
1 X Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
2 X Dimensional Prison

Extra Deck:
1 X Black Rose Dragon
1 X Scrap Archfiend
1 X Brionac: Dragon of the Ice Barrier
2 X Stardust Dragon
1 X Daigusto Emeral
1 X Evolzar Dolkka
2 X Evolzar Laggia
2 X Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 X Leviathan Dragon
1 X Acid Golem the Destruction
1 X Number 39: Utopia
1 X Wind Up Zenmaines

Shard of Greed is really just there to lure MST and give me a semi-reliable way to replenish my hand (which Jar does as well). I wouldn't mind replacing it, though.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
meh, posted this in Youtube thread too... but maybe it'll make more excitement here???

DUDES IT'S OUT IT'S OUT IT'S OUT!!!!!!

*fanboy squeeling*

Little Kuriboh, Shadyvox and TheAzurecrow star in:

Yu-Gi-Oh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged

Part 2, Part 3

*Nose Bleeds from Sheer EPIC

I watched the original movie in Tokyo on the big screen after seeing LK's first trailer. I watched the movie drunk, hungover, after an all-nighter of karaoke and drinking--in short, I was shit faced to hopefully numb the pain of watching a yu-gi-oh movie.

...still was a shitty 60 min long card commercial. Wait, why did I buy a full-price ticket for a 60 min movie? bullshit.

...despite that shitty movie, and over 2 years of waiting, LK's movie here made it ALL WORTH IT!!!!!

...AND THEN SOME!

...Synchro what?

Synchro SUMMON

Synchro what?

Synchro SUMMON

Syncrho what?

SYNCHRO SUMMON!!!!

Oh... what's that?

Well it's when you take a Tun--

WAIT!!! I have suddenly stopped caring...

My watt troll deck , this deck makes a fool out of agents / DW (without skill drain ) and virtually every beatdown deck I'v played against (heros / BW / sams..etc ) , now with the release of wattcobra and photon lead the deck is far more consistent .

Monsters : 19

-Wattcobra x3 (heart of the deck )

-Wattdragonfly x3 (best searcher ever )

-Watt hooper x3 ( THA TROLL )

-Wattgiraff x1

-Watt pheasant x1 (he trolls xyz BADLY )

-Shinign angel x3 ( search everything)

-Effect veiler x2 (life saver )

-Honest (needs no explanation )

-Watt fox x1 ( the necessary tuner for chimera )

Spells :

Pot of duality x3

Photon lead x2

Recycling batteries x2 (in case the lock was destroyed )

Reborn , dark hole , 1 MST

One for one

Traps :

fiendish chain x3

Starlight road x3

solemn warning x2

solemn judgment x1

mirror force x1

Threatening roar x3

Extra is 2 watt chimera and staples

for those who don't know the strategy is to bring 2 hooper on the field , and protect them , while direct attacking with your other watt , going for a chimera is realy important because it locks your opponent draw , you really don't want your opponent to top a dark hole xd

the traps are simply here for protection against nasty synchro like trish and black rose .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)