Yugioh! TCG Thread

I play the game, but not competitively. I mainly use a spellcaster deck which uses a combination of Spellcaster's Command, the Dark Magicians and some other ones. I like it, but it's not very reliable and I don't have the money to search for doubles of the cards.

I generally like using spellcasters and cards that are level four and have high attack. I don't play competitively now due to all the new cards that were introduced but I still have my old deck.

I don't know if this would be good in competitive, but I like having several Maha Vailo, unicorn horns, and axe of despairs in my deck.

I thought I'g give this a bump.

How are you Yugioh folks liking the new format post TSHD? I'm really loving this format; it's almost like how LS and Zombies were last format, except it's Infernity and X-Saber.
I actually like this format even though I'm not playing sabers or infernity (my locals is full of them though). I've been playing Machina Gadgets, but now that all the little kids at my local have been playing them (really badly), I'm kinda starting to hate the deck and I might switch back to Blackwings for a while to see how that works.

Also, what's everyone think of Gold Series 3? I just picked up 3 packs and pulled godly: Stardust, Rai-Oh, 2 Armor Master, Armed Wing, Prisma, 2 E-Con, and Exploder Dragon. My best friend did pull a JD though :/

Bumping up~
I really hate Gladiator Beasts with a passion. Out of all the archetypes out there; they have got to be the most annoying. Blackwing and X-Saber are up there too, but for some reason I find them more manageable (then again I don't play against them as often as I do GB). I haven't had the joy of playing against an Infernity deck though (because KCVDS is rather behind on updates), is it any good?

I started up again a few months ago. Started out with a Zombie World deck; kept messing with that. Il Blud is lottsa fun; too bad he's a little slow. I suppose you could try the Gigavise strategy and use Power Tool Dragon to get three Supervise; special summon Blud from your grave; and then equip it to him. I haven't tried it out; but it looks nice on paper. I also tried out Fortune Ladies; they are lots of fun actually. They got massive draw power and Lady Light's effect is really nice. However; Fortune Ladies are also slow because it takes two-four turns to set the momentum.

At the moment I'm messing with a Machina Gadget deck;
Main Deck
3x Machina Fortress
3x Machina Gearframe
1x Machina Peacekeeper
1x Machina Force
2x Cyber Dragon
2x Green Gadget
2x Red Gadget
2x Yellow Gadget
1x Scrap Recycler
2x D.D. Crow
1x Gorz, The Emissary of Darkness

1x Heavy Storm
1x Giant Trunade
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Limiter Removal
1x Overload Fusion
3x Book of Moon
1x Lightning Vortex
1x My Body as A Shield
2x Fissure

1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Call of the Haunted
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
3x Threatening Roar

Extra Deck
3x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
3x Chimeratech Overdragon

Side Deck
3x Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon
3x Geartown
3x Roll out
3x Dimensional Prison
2x Oppression
1x Card Trooper
Kinda generic. Any noticeable problems (this is important, as I would really love to finalize the deck list before I actually buy all of the cards)? I've actually got some of the main deck; which is nice. The rest should be cheap (except for the Chimeratechs ffs). Side Deck is mostly filler; but I thought some of the cards would be useful to have just in case. I'm open to other suggestions.

Ohohoh

This guy. Holy shit, this guy. He looks like a whole lot of fun. His ability is almost broken. I'm thinking of planning a deck around him (as well as a Counter Fairy one, I may also end up mixing them together, but I haven't played either of them; so I really don't know if they mesh or not).

What have you guys been running as of late?

I've been switching back and forth between X-Sabers and ARA Herald (card above).

You're better off using an Advanced Ritual Art build. Here's my version of the deck:

3 Herald of Perfection
3 Archlord Kristya
3 Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands
3 Sonic Bird
2 Honest
1 Herald of Purple Light
3 Mystic Shine Ball
3 Cloudian Smoke Ball
2 Gyakutenno Megami

1 Advanced Ritual Art
1 Dawn of the Herald
3 Preparation of Rites
2 Book of Moon
1 Lightning Vortex
1 Heavy Storm
3 Dark Factory of Mass Production
1 Pot of Avarice

2 Royal Decree
1 Common Charity

The main idea is to use ARA to send 4 Fairies to the graveyard, special summon Kristya, and set up a Royal Decree to completely lock down the field. Dark Factory allows for easy ammunition for Herald's effect.

Oh man, I stopped playing at the end of 7th grade, it was getting boring after I kept smashing my brother. Oh, and I went to some asian shop in Sydney, and it was one of those 12 Card Packets. It contained all pieces of Exodia, and all 3 Egyptian God Cards. It was one of the happiest moments of my life.
Oh god I feel like a Noob now
I dont play with the Exodia and God Cards anymore. I dont have an offical deck either its just a bunch of random cards that make a good structure

Lol I used to play yugioh online a lot, was on some clan called rare hunters.. I honestly stopped playing and haven't looked at the game after whatever the pack with the Cyber Dragons were called..

Can anyone fill me in on how it's changed? Just curious lol, if anyone was playing all the way back then too. Is the game a lot more able to variate with themes now? or does every deck still share at least about half the same cards? (Or so I remember, but I can honestly hardly remember =P)

I've been switching back and forth between X-Sabers and ARA Herald (card above).

You're better off using an Advanced Ritual Art build. Here's my version of the deck:

3 Herald of Perfection
3 Archlord Kristya
3 Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands
3 Sonic Bird
2 Honest
1 Herald of Purple Light
3 Mystic Shine Ball
3 Cloudian Smoke Ball
2 Gyakutenno Megami

1 Advanced Ritual Art
1 Dawn of the Herald
3 Preparation of Rites
2 Book of Moon
1 Lightning Vortex
1 Heavy Storm
3 Dark Factory of Mass Production
1 Pot of Avarice

2 Royal Decree
1 Common Charity

The main idea is to use ARA to send 4 Fairies to the graveyard, special summon Kristya, and set up a Royal Decree to completely lock down the field. Dark Factory allows for easy ammunition for Herald's effect.
This looks kinda interesting. Though; why don't you run Senju over one Sonic Bird? Is there something wrong with running more than one Herald (obviously not Perfection, you would want three of him d: ) in this kind of build?

Can anyone fill me in on how it's changed? Just curious lol, if anyone was playing all the way back then too. Is the game a lot more able to variate with themes now? or does every deck still share at least about half the same cards? (Or so I remember, but I can honestly hardly remember =P)
Well; many of the staple cards like Monster Reborn, Change of Heart, and Dark Hole are now banned. Mystical Space Typhoon, Giant Trunade, and Heavy Storm (limited to 1 of each per build) is pretty much on nearly every build. Solemn Judgment, Mirror Force, and Torrential are also on nearly every build. To my knowledge, everything else will vary depending on the Archetype or build used, and then the specifics of non-staple cards for those builds will vary from player to player.

As for whether the game is able to variate a lot more compared to when it used to, well, yeah. It's way more fun now imo. If you wanna see how it's changed, I'd search Gadget, Blackwing, Infernity, X-Saber, Zombie World and Gladiator Beast to start with on the Yugioh Wikia.

Anyone play over KCVDS? I'm up for a match or two.

Anyone play over KCVDS? I'm up for a match or two.
i and most of smogon's yugioh players play over YVD (yugioh virtual desktop). it's not as fancy as KCVDS, but it's much easier to connect and all the sets are pretty much updated right away. if you're looking for a match you can just get on irc and join #yugioh; you can usually always find someone looking for a duel.

quick comments on the gadget deck:

scrap recycler is very slow this format. lightning vortex isn't very good with everyone running starlight road. i'd definitely replace 1 book, vortex, and my body with 3 smashing grounds, and maybe try and fit in a 3rd fissure. also if you're going to play with chimeratech overdragon, change the deck a bit to fit some jinzo / jinzo returner and future fusion. switch the threatening roars (much too slow right now) for 2 dimensional prisons and a solemn imo. i'll post my personal build when i get home and can look through my deck

i and most of smogon's yugioh players play over YVD (yugioh virtual desktop). it's not as fancy as KCVDS, but it's much easier to connect and all the sets are pretty much updated right away. if you're looking for a match you can just get on irc and join #yugioh; you can usually always find someone looking for a duel.

quick comments on the gadget deck:

scrap recycler is very slow this format. lightning vortex isn't very good with everyone running starlight road. i'd definitely replace 1 book, vortex, and my body with 3 smashing grounds, and maybe try and fit in a 3rd fissure. also if you're going to play with chimeratech overdragon, change the deck a bit to fit some jinzo / jinzo returner and future fusion. switch the threatening roars (much too slow right now) for 2 dimensional prisons and a solemn imo. i'll post my personal build when i get home and can look through my deck
I'm gonna need someone to help walk me through that because I tried using this system and it was really complicated compared to KCVDS :E. Though I'll take anything up to date over whats fancier.

Scrap Recylcer acts like a Foolish Burial in monster card form; it can allow me to dump Machina Fortress or Cyber Dragon for a quick Special Summon or Fusion Summon respectively. Machina Fortress is also good in the grave because Gearframe can let me grab Machina Force for an alternate Special Summon for Fortress. Chimeratech is there as an alternate win condition; and is not the /primary/ focus (but if I can I will). Is Jinzo really necessary? If all I'm doing is dumping him it seems like my hand could get some bad draws. Does Dimensional Prison stop Gladiator Beasts like Threatening Roar does (seeing as most of there effects revolve around attacking this turn)?

I'd also like to avoid Future Fusion (I like Overload Fusion more heh), but I'll definitely look at these suggestions, and will probably try them out very shortly. Thanks~

EDIT: Played a few games without Scrap/My Body/Lightning Vortex and One book, Replaced with Fissue, 3 Smashing Grounds, and Solemn, it working better. Thanks.
EDIT2: It's playing a bit roughly though; that could be bad draws though heh. Are you sure removing Scrap was a good idea ?

This looks kinda interesting. Though; why don't you run Senju over one Sonic Bird? Is there something wrong with running more than one Herald (obviously not Perfection, you would want three of him d: ) in this kind of build?
Since we're only running 2 Ritual Spells, it's very important to get either one early if not first turn. Preparation of Rites is used as a substitute for Senju as it doesn't take up a summon and can be a +1.

Just thought I'd say:

If you're attending the pokemon worlds in Hawaii this year... BRING CARDS.

I'm gonna need someone to help walk me through that because I tried using this system and it was really complicated compared to KCVDS :E. Though I'll take anything up to date over whats fancier.
yeah i'm sure anyone on irc (#yugioh) would gladly help you set up yvd. check the smogon main page if you need help getting on irc.

Scrap Recylcer acts like a Foolish Burial in monster card form; it can allow me to dump Machina Fortress or Cyber Dragon for a quick Special Summon or Fusion Summon respectively. Machina Fortress is also good in the grave because Gearframe can let me grab Machina Force for an alternate Special Summon for Fortress. Chimeratech is there as an alternate win condition; and is not the /primary/ focus (but if I can I will). Is Jinzo really necessary? If all I'm doing is dumping him it seems like my hand could get some bad draws. Does Dimensional Prison stop Gladiator Beasts like Threatening Roar does (seeing as most of there effects revolve around attacking this turn)?

I'd also like to avoid Future Fusion (I like Overload Fusion more heh), but I'll definitely look at these suggestions, and will probably try them out very shortly. Thanks~
the main point of future fusion is to run the otk combos. drawing future fusion and overload sets up an instant otk (hopefully) with chimeratech overdragon. another way is to use future fusion to dump cyber dragon with 2 jinzo returners and 2 jinzos to summon the jinzos (3 of each works too but is more inconsistent imo). i personally don't run jinzo or any of the fusion cards though; i don't like overload because it's too hard to dump enough machines in the grave to get a good attack on overdragon (unless you use future fusion). scrap recycler just isn't very good this format either. most of the time machina fortress is best in the hand since you can discard itself for the summon. it's only good in the graveyard if you have force since dropping 2 gadgets or other machines for fortress is an unnecessary -1. and yes, dimensional prison is good against glads. wouldn't you rather have them removed from play than still on the field ready to attack you next turn?

Is Future Fusion worth running in this deck then? Or should I try a different build with it? This ones been working out pretty well (not the one I'm posting specifically, and not the one I posted earlier, I had a version in between the two), but if you any suggestions overall I'm all for it.

Oh; and I got it working about two days ago heh. I hate Infernities.

Main Deck
3x Machina Fortress
3x Machina Gearframe
1x Machina Peacekeeper
1x Machina Force
2x Cyber Dragon
2x Green Gadget
2x Red Gadget
2x Yellow Gadget
2x D.D. Crow
1x Gorz, The Emissary of Darkness

1x Heavy Storm
1x Giant Trunade
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Limiter Removal
1x Overload Fusion
1x Cold Wave
2x Book of Moon
3x Smashing Ground

1x Call of the Haunted
1x Solemn Judgement
1x Mind Crush
1x Trap Dustshoot
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Royal Oppression
2x Dimensional Prison

Extra Deck
3x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
3x Chimeratech Overdragon

Side Deck
1x D.D. Crow
1x Scrap Recycler
1x Card Trooper
2x Dust Tornado
2x Pulling The Rug
2x Light-Imprisoning Mirror
2x Trap Stun
3x Fissure
Here are the changes I made;

-3 Fissure
+ 1 Cold Wave
+ 1 Mind Crush
+ 1 Trap Dustshoot

- 1 Mirror Force, 1 Torrential Tribute
+ 2 Royal Oppression

- 1 Book of Moon, 1 Lightning Vortex, 1 Scrap Recycler
+ 3 Smashing Grounds

My friend was helping me with this. I told him Infernities were my worst match up and he made a few suggestions. Infernities are/were indeed my worst matchup (dunno bout now though; this build needs some testing, but in theory is -should- work better against them), since I really couldn't stop them all that well, but it was cool to see them in action despite losing. Most of the suggestions made were to help deal with X-Saber (whom I have mixed results with, and probably will still lose against d:) and the Infernity OTK. But mostly Infernity.

Any suggestions for this? I think I've covered most of my problems.

I was also looking up the Happy Herald build. It looks good, nice and simple, and easy to run. I think I'll try that out soon; but I really wanted to try out the Counter-Fairies first (maybe not competitive wise, as most people say they aren't tournament worthy; but it can't hurt to try them out anyways). I'm having trouble coming up with a deck list. Obviously Artemis, Thunder King Rai-oh, and Honest are guaranteed to make there way into the build. The other options I'm having trouble choosing between revolve around Nova Summoner, Summoner Monk, Arcana Fool, Doomcaliber Knight (not that I would be able to afford it, ever), Neo-Spacian Mole, D.D. Warrior Lady and Fossil Dyna.

Summoner Monk works well with because he can get an instant Rai-Oh, Bountiful Artemis, or Nova Summoner. I don't know about using Nova Summoner; because I think the only thing I'd use him for is Fool. But Nova can get Layard, who would be useful if I've been playing cards like Banisher of Radiance or Dimensional Alchemist. Which all works nice and dandy with Sanctuary in the Sky. Summoner Monk can also nab other Fairy monsters that break the 1500 limit, though he can't grab Layard ):

Doomcaliber Knight is something I thought would be interesting, but, you know, he hates every monster with an effect, including my own. He especially hates Rai-Oh. He also can't be special summoned.

Neo-Spacian Mole, D.D. Warrior Lady and Fossil Dyna are just really good in general.

So yeah; in short; I don't know what I'm doing. I'm open to some interesting builds or suggestions on what should or should not be run anyways d: Counter Fairies can control the field pretty well, but I guess it boils down to whether or not Doomcaliber Knight is worth using as I can easily make a more Fairy-centered build with Arcana Fool, Banisher, and Nova Summoner. I know the spells and traps that generally come with a Counter Fairy deck (as most of them are pretty staple regardless of what direction you're going), it's more of what direction should I take when doing this. Any help is appreciated ~

EDIT: I just realized Machina Gadgets gets fucked over by any competent user of Thunder King Rai-Oh

Shit >:

bumping this up for banlist discussion. been talking about it a bit on #yugioh and it seems the consensus is that dark hole / reborn / banning storm are all terrible ideas. triple black rose is going to make salvo dad (and maybe debu-hime) really good again, and sabers will still dominate with only cat banned...

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
KITTY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

how am i supposed to come back by using sarcophagus now......

they banned the nooby weapon they are racist

How did I never notice this thread before? Christ, I knew I should have searched.

I've recently become very interested in YGO, I don't play competitive, I've got a couple of mates and we all play for fun.

Atm I've got a Synchro/Spell Counter/Dark Magician Spellcaster deck, just bought 2 structure decks, took out about 20 cards and added in some new stuff. I've also got a Zombie World deck, was gonna go with Zombie Synchro, but with Plague/Mezuki being Limited and so expensive I thought I'd just go for the swarming with Il Blud/Red-Eyes Zombie etc.

Really not liking that new banlist, Dark Hole and Monster Reborn are broken imo, I'll probably still play with those banned, banning Heavy was a good call imo though.

Had pretty fun adventure the other day...
One of my homies came over and asked me if i would go with him to a local tournament that evening since I used to play competitively and attend tourny's and all that jazz, and he just collected them, although he had enough good cards to make himself a good competitive deck. When we got there we the tourny was called off and there was just a couple of people playing casually and trading and talking about yugioh stuff, just having a gay ole time. My friend and I sat down amongst them, quickly being pulled into their atmosphere because everyone wanted to know if we had trades or wanted some quick duels. After we got settled down everyone else got back to their duels/trades/conversations except for two individuals around 16-18 yrs old that decided to talk to us. My friend pulled out his giant 2" binder full of rares and got down to making some trades.
After they finished trading one of them looked me and asked if I had cards, I told him that i didn't but I used to play. He asked why I didn't get back into it and I replied because I didn't really know any of the cards out now or the metagame. He quickly flashed me all these Black Wings cards and the Monarchs and some Synchros and told me that he and his friends were very generous when it came to getting better duelist to come around. I really didn't want to get sucked back into the yugioh scene so I kinda tried to blow him off and just said I really don't have cards to trade. Now he said "nonsense just tell what kind of deck you were used to using back when you used to play?" I told him I ran an Earth deck. He zipped through his own collection pulling out cards and just tossing them at me. When he finished I had a good 20+ cards in my hands and he began to tell me that some good Earth cards were the X-Saber cards which was exactly what I was holding. He looked at me and asked, "you like em?" He was itching for my approval, literally. Now I noticed that he was being really pushy about everything but not a dick about, kinda like a salesman. I told that yeah they were cool but really didn't have anything for them.
Once he heard that he became real antsy and fidgety and told me, "that set of cards generally go for about $180 but I'll give em to you for $100." I told him that all I had was $20 and that's when his fidgets got worse. He looked at his friend and whispered "a twenty?" his other friend just nodded his head. He then looked at me and said "ok ok the give me the money". While I was giving him the money and removing the cards from his sleeves his other friend made a phone call that I only heard a bit from (he was being real quite) "...uh huh a twenty... ok at Fry's (a grocery store)... we'll be there..." it was none of my business. Right after our transaction was finished they got up and and gave us handshakes that's when I got a quick glimpse of their glossy yellow eyes and tiny dilated pupils. As they were leaving it hit me... Now where I live Meth is pretty common amongst the gangster, druggies, and sluts but I really didn't think I'd find it in a yugioh card shop... *sigh* that's the life in the ghetto..

tl;dr Ok well the reason I'm here is I want some help constructing a deck around some cards I managed to get,

Monsters [17]

[x3] X-Saber Airbellum
[x1] XX-Saber Gardestrike
[x3] XX-Saber Faultroll
[x3] XX-Saber Boggart Knight
[x1] X-Saber Axel
[x2] XX-Saber Fulhelmknight
[x1] XX-Saber Ragigura
[x1] X-Saber Pashuul
[x1] Rescue Cat
[x1] Summoner Monk

Spells [4]

[x1] Reinforcement of the Army
[x2] Saber Slash
[x1] My Body as a Shield

Extra [3]

[x2] X-Saber Urbellum
[x1] X-Saber Wayne

so what I'm asking is how are X-Sabers used and what cards should I get/take out to make a good competitive deck?

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
try getting emmersblade for your monsters and the main one: 3 darksouls, thats huge on xsabers decks. Ragigura, Axel and Gardestrike arent that needed but to each his own.

traps you need gottoms emergency call, royal oppresion is cool to stop infernities and other crap, and then you just use the common traps like bottomless and torrential.

kitty is banned so you should remove it asap, although if your friends let you play with it for whatever reason gold sarcophagus and sangan are very cool to get the swarm going, although sarcophagus is insanely hard to get irl iirc.

spells are the common ones, cold wave, typhoon, book of moon, etc. and you dont really need reinforcement but youcan use it i guess.

ive never used saber slash or my body as a shield since early game im not playing a lot with sabers until i get the chance to do a big swarm, but to each his own.

another monster is thunder king rai oh because its cool to stop effects and stuff like gadgets and even other xsabers that try to get cards on hand just to then special summon them or whatever.

oh and for your extra deck gottoms, hyunlei, brionac, and other common synchros.

/standard

personal thoughts on the new banlist:

substitoad: good. frog otk is stopped. doesn't hurt frog monarchs because they mostly rely on swap frog abuse with treeborn/ronin. banning ronintoadin would've hurt frognarchs much more than this did.

rescue cat: great. synchros made it broken... this card has had it coming for much too long.

heavy storm: bad. one of those cards that should always exist as a necessary evil (same as mirror force and torrential). this was already being played more carefully from starlight road, but now anyone can set multiple facedowns and not fear much at all.

brain control: good/bad. this is a good ban because this card has been broken for a while. "brain for game" is pretty common. this is a bad ban because stupid konami brought back monster reborn to replace this, and reborn is so much worse. brain is easily countered by book of moon (a spell card which is unlimited), while the only cards to stop reborn seem to be oppression (which got limited...) and dd crow (only if your opponent doesn't choose your monster with reborn). ugh...

trishula: good. obvious limit. the single best synchro that is not dark strike fighter.

infernity launcher: good. this is konami's attempt to stop infernities. imo they should've hit one other card (archfiend or mirage), because infernities will still be just as good, especially with stygian streel patrol officially out...

black whirlwind: decent. saw this coming since bws are tier 1 in japan. turning every bw into a gadget is too good. (this only isn't "good" because i play blackwings :( i agree it was necessary though)

monster reborn: bad. why ever would it be a good idea to limit oppression and bring back reborn, while keeping coth? additionally, dark hole and triple black rose will make starlight road more prevalent than ever, in turn making trap stun huge this format, in turn making this card unstoppable. i feel like konami just wants everyone in the world to play dd crow?

dark hole: decent. i feel like this card deserves a little more time. just as heavy teaches players not to overcommit to their backrow, this card will teach players (saber players) not to overcommit with monsters. starlight road is a good deterrent to keep dark hole from being too overplayed as well.

royal oppression: bad. pretty much already expressed my thoughts on this. i don't see the point in hurting anti-meta (still don't see why skill drain is semi'd).

chaos sorcerer: good. this guy was seeing no play at 1. salvo dad will get much better this format and i can see a lot of chaos sorc play in those (comboing well with the best darks as well as cydra and ryko). maybe quickdraw salvo?

snipe hunter: decent. not really played anymore. it's good for stopping stardust, but not much else anymore. there are much more reliable options than snipe, but i'm still wary of the power it could have in salvo dad this format.

mystical space typhoon: good/bad. this is good because we lost heavy. bad because it's not really necessary? dust tornado already was seeing a ton of play, we don't absolutely need a second mst to make up for losing heavy. meh.

ojama trio: who cares? burn decks sucking makes this card really unplayable anyway.

magic cylinder: good. i'd say nobody would ever run this card while d-prison still exists at 3. it's unchainable and doesn't even destroy the attacker. hell, i'd rather play 2 sakuretsu in my deck than this card.

goblin zombie: good. zombies are still useless with limited mezuki/burial/plague. there was no point in leaving this where it was.

cyber dragon: decent. on one hand, this will help combat the rise in machina gadget decks. on the other hand, generic synchro based decks (flamvells/quickdraw/salvo/debu-hime) and monarchs are getting a huge boost here. not game-breaking in the least though imo.

treeborn frog: decent. probably the bone to frog players who are crying over subby. i don't see the point in playing more than 2 anyway unless you're really afraid of crow.

black rose dragon: bad. remember when salvo dad was top tier because we had dsf and black rose? yeah. triple brd is pretty much the kick start for both salvo and debu-hime back into top tier (salvo+dekoichi or debris+dandy three times in one duel...).

united we stand: good. why wasn't this done the same time as mage power? hint: equips suck unless you're playing power tool tronics

royal decree: good. herald and lightsworn get a little better. god knows they both need the boost.

i'm personally okay with the banlist. some cool stuff (dark hole) but also some shit (oppression/heavy/reborn/brd). i'm excited to see how next format turns out.

Monsters:19
2 Sd10 Red Gadget
1 Dp03 Card Trooper
2 Sd10 Green Gadget
2 Sd10 Yellow Gadget
2 Sddm Machina Force
2 Sdmm Scrap Recycler
3 Sdmm Machina Fortress
3 Sdmm Machina Gearframe
2 Sdmm Machina Peacekeeper

Spells:16
3 Sddm Machina Armored Unit
3 Pgd Book of Moon
2 Een Pot of Avarice
3 Ioc Smashing Ground
1 Lob Dark Hole
1 Psv Limiter Removal
1 Lob Monster Reborn
2 Mrl Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps:5
2 Lod Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Mrd Mirror Force
1 Lon Torrential Tribute
1 Mrd Solemn Judgment

New Machina Gadget deck for the new list.

-1 Force
+1 Starlight Road / Dust Tornado

i'll be honest, i've never see the love for 2 force on a deck like this, id rather have the dark hole/mf protection that starlight road gives (and you need for swarm decks like this) as well as extra s/t removal for them.

edit: changed to -1 force, so keep 1 but sub out one of them

I was thinking of playing Yu-Gi-Oh! again. The problem is I haven't played since 2005. I remember begging my mom a lot to buy those countless booster packs and starter/structure decks. That was a lot of money drained. I was wondering if there was a Yu-Gi-Oh competitive simulator, kinda like Shoddy with competitive Pokemon.

Well, we have YVD which is probably the closest thing we have to shoddy. Also, I will do that fix at kd24 once I pick up a Starlight Road.

Monsters:18
3|Sd10|Red Gadget
3|Sd10|Green Gadget
3|Sd10|Yellow Gadget
1|Jump|Tragoedia
1|Dlg1|Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
3|Crv|Cyber Dragon
2|Cdip|Snipe Hunter
2|Ast|Legendary Jujitsu Master

Spells:16
1|Lob|Dark Hole
2|Een|Pot of Avarice
1|Sye|Monster Reborn
1|Fet|Lightning Vortex
3|Ioc|Smashing Ground
2|Lob|Fissure
3|Pgd|Book of Moon
1|Sd10|Limiter Removal
2|Mrl|Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps:11
3|Wc08|Dimensional Prison
1|Mrd|Mirror Force
1|Lod|Royal Oppression
1|Drev|Solemn Warning
2|Lod|Bottomless Trap Hole
1|Lon|Torrential Tribute
1|Mrd|Solemn Judgment
1|Fet|Phoenix Wing Wind Blast

Deck:45.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)