Yugioh! TCG Thread

I watched the first episode of the new series.. it was terrible but funny at the same time. Dueling via motorcycle for the win.

Eh, I actaully like 5D. Horrendos concept but decent execution. Yusei is a much better (and more compelling) main character than Jaden ever was.

After hearing that the Champion Packs have hit Oceania (I'm not a regular tournament goer, so I wouldn't know), I doubt this is Konami being vindictive, just more a big slip up combined with bad timing. I'm sure there's something the Yu-Gi-Oh! community does not know of yet. Besides, a company wouldn't just waste potential money for some silly grudge. I would like to hear the other side of the argument, though, as I am a tad unsure of why people are immediately pointing the finger.

EDIT:

Published: 01/14/2009 12:13pm
Konami Digital Entertainment has responded to Upper Deck’s announcement on the lack of availability of Yu Gi Oh! Champion Packs (see “No Yu Gi Oh! Champion Packs”) by stating that it has terminated Upper Deck’s distribution agreement and that it (Konami) is the only authorized distributor for the Yu Gi Oh! TCG. “Despite what was recently announced by The Upper Deck Company (UDC), the distribution agreement between Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (KDE) and UDC for North America has been terminated,” a statement by Konami VP Card Business Yumi Hoashi said. “KDE is the exclusive worldwide licensee for the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game. We have always been and continue to be the sole manufacturer and are the only authorized distributor in North America.”

Konami terminated its distribution agreement with Upper Deck in December and Upper Deck filed suit (see “Konami Takes Over YGO TCG”). Konami was unsuccessful in its efforts to get an injunction to force Upper Deck to stop selling the Yu Gi Oh TCG (see “Upper Deck Gets Favorable U.S. Ruling”).

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/14091.html

Okay, now I am not going to say anything. All I'm going to do is wait.

Wow, that's some serious BS. If Konami wanted to endear themselves with the TCG crowd, they're certainly are going about it completely the wrong way. Good thing I stopped actually buying cards not too long ago...

I think it's UDE's fault in this case. They've decided to fight a bit and legal stuff is getting tossed around with no one willing to distribute stuff just yet. I think no one legally has the right to distribute the packs in the U.S. right, UDE nor Konami.

I think it's UDE's fault in this case. They've decided to fight a bit and legal stuff is getting tossed around with no one willing to distribute stuff just yet. I think no one legally has the right to distribute the packs in the U.S. right, UDE nor Konami.
Both US and Swedish (I think?) courts ruled in favor of the Upper Deck corporation, meaning Konami is supposed to honor the contract until it legally expires in about 3 years. Obviously, this is not what Konami is doing, since they clearly stated that they're not going to be shipping anymore product to UDE.

Dutch and US courts ruled in favor of UDE. Their contract, I read, is supposed to expire somewhere first quarter 2010.

It appears that the Crimson Crisis Sneak Peak has also been delayed(if not canceled).

from Pojo, DGZ etc.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/mitsu713/

March 2009 List! Its pretty good.

There were also some rule changes for Baboon and Twin Headed Behmoth. Baboon can no longer be activated during the battle step and if two die at once only 1 will be able to be revived again.

Twin-Headed can only be revived once, even if you play 3 copies and doesn't reset if put back into the deck.

all these are supposedly are on the V-Jump that came with the list.

All are the newly banned, limited, semi-limited and unlimited cards.

Banned

(None)

Limited

Goyo Guardian
Chaos Sorcerer
Reinforcement of the Army
Card of Safe Return
Mezuki
Emergency Teleport
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary
Dark Armed Dragon
Gladiator Beast Bestiari
Plaguespreader Zombie

Semi-Limited

Destiny Hero - Malicious
Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest
Allure of Darkness
Gold Sarcophagus
Ultimate Offering
Raiza the Storm Monarch
Destiny Draw
Mind Crush
Goblin Zombie

Unlimited

Book of Moon
Nobleman of Crossout
Manticore of Darkness
Twin-Headed Behemoth
Phantom of Chaos

I've seen this. I'm not sure how this will change the game, for better or for worse, but I can't see it being any worse than any other format.

Most of the decisions look just fine and good. Book of Moon at three has been a long desire of mine.

Chaos Sorcerer, while not nearly as large of a threat as many things, is still an unskilled card which promotes an unhealthy metagame (not entirely by itself, but in collaboration with other overbearing and overadvantageous cards). I suppose the decision was made to keep Synchros in check, among other things. Still upsetting that Crush Card Virus is still on the loose.

Limiting Reinforcement of the Army makes me sad. I liked it at three, and I would be fine with two again. I can somewhat determine the reasoning behind this one, though.

All-in-all, an average, almost typical banlist. Not the best (where obvious changes can and should be made), but it could be much worse.

SJCs are back!!! KOSSY the new rating system is gonna debute then I suppose as well.

btw what is everyone playing now? I'm still doing Glads (working on a cool build as we speak) and gonna run Aliens once Raging Battle comes out.. not sure if it will something I run at regional and what not but so far the build looks promising. This is what I'm running atm for Aliens.

20 Monsters
3x Alien Overlord
2x Alien Warrior
3x Alien Dog
3x Alien Ammonite
1x Alien Telepath
1x Alien Hypno
2x Alien Kid
1x Sangan
1x Plaguespreader
1x Chaos Sorcerer
1x Gorz
1x Cyber Dragon

13 Spells
3x Mysterious Triangle
3x Cold Wave
2x Foolish Burial
1x Monster Reborn
1x Heavy Storm
1x Brian Control
1x Swords of Revealing Light
1x Reasoning

8 Traps
3x Solemn Judgment
1x Mirror Force
1x Gravity Bind
3x Planet Pollutant Virus

3x Cosmic Fortress Gol'gar
1x Goyo Guardian
2x Stardust Dragon
2x Colossal Fighter
1x Thought Ruler Archfiend
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Dark Strike Fighter

Kind of feel like 3 Overload is too many without Allures. Also, no brainwashing?

Here's my standard Glad Deck:
M18
3 Test Tiger
2 Rescue Cat
2 E-Hero Prisma
2 GB Samnite
2 GB Laquari
2 GB Darius
1 GB Bestiari
1 GB Equeste
1 GB Murmillo
1 GB Secutor
1 GB Sangan

M12
3 Cold Wave
3 Book of Moon
2 Enemy Controller
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Brain Control
1 Reinforcements of the Army

T10
3 Solemn Judgment
3 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 GB War Chariot
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force

E15
3 GB Gyzarus
3 GB Heraklinos
1 Sanwitch
etc.

SD15
1 GB Retiari
1 GB Hoplomus
2 D.D. Crow
2 Jowls of Dark Demise
1 Mind Control
2 Light-Imprisoning Mirror
2 Zombie World
2 Dust Tornado
1 GB Chariot

I like your build but if you're gonna main Brain, while it does great on its own, I would try at least one mained Proving Ground. It wins games for me, searching Bestiari has its pluses. I'll post my GB build once I fixed some of its kinks.

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
warth did you start playing YVD again by any chance? i'm really looking into getting back into it sometime between now and summer

I'm still trying to get the real-life cards for an updated version of my Broken Calculators deck (I think the old version is posted on the previous page), but I've got my eyes set on Fish for YVD now that they have their own Tuner in Crimson Chaos. Specifically, I'm testing a Monarch/control variant that's done pretty well in the couple of duels I've used it in so far. I'd post the deck list, but I don't have it on this computer nor do I have it memorized.

warth did you start playing YVD again by any chance? i'm really looking into getting back into it sometime between now and summer
I might get it, I probably should lol. Yeah I'll try to get it back up so we can play. It probably wont be until Monday Tuesday because I'm gonna be busy and I'm sure I'm gonna mess it up somehow.

Fish are fun, I would definitely test it out if I had the cards. Heres the deck I plan on playing if I go to Anaheim which doesnt look like I'll be attending.

20 Monsters
1x Sangan
1x Gladiator Beast Hoplomus
1x Gladiator Beast Equeste
1x Gladiator Beast Darius
1x Gladiator Beast Secutor
1x Gladiator Beast Murmillo
1x Gladiator Beast Bestiari
2x Gladiator Beast Laquari
2x Gladiator Beast Samnite
2x Gladiator Beast Rescue Cat
2x Rose, Warrior of Revenge
2x Summoner Priest
3x Test Tiger

14 Spells
1x Monster Reborn
1x Heavy Storm
1x Brian Control
2x Gladiator Proving Ground
3x Book of Moon
3x Enemy Controller
3x Cold Wave

8 Traps

3x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Gladiator Beast Chariot/Bottomless Trap Hole
3x Solemn Judgment

Extra Deck

3x Gladiator Beast Gyzarus
2x Gladiator Beast Heraklinos
2x Colossal Fighter
2x Stardust Dragon
1x Dark Strike Fighter
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Red Archfiend Dragon
1x Thought Ruler Archfiend
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Magical Android

lmk what you guys think. Gonna main deck the CCV either way because its pretty game breaking but a little iffy on the Panther. In theory it isnt a dead card.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Someone provide me a whole list of staples on todays metagame. I'm a little off from 2 years ago and I will research the card.

@Warthog: I don't play GB myself, but that looks like a pretty solid deck to me. I'm not so sure about Rose, though, but like I said, I don't play GB so perhaps it's actually a new staple...

I finally got my Fish Monarchs deck list on me, so here it is. Forgive me for the colors, it's copied from another forum I visit and I'm too lazy to edit them out.

MONSTERS: 20

2 - Caius the Shadow Monarch
2 - Mobius the Frost Monarch
2 - Raiza the Storm Monarch
2 - Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth

3 - Crystal Seer
3 - Oyster Meister
3 - Royal Swamp Eel
1 - Treeborn Frog
2 - Unshaven Angler

SPELLS: 11

1 - Brain Control
2 - Enemy Controller
1 - Heavy Storm
3 - Instant Fusion
1 - Monster Reborn
1 - Mystical Space Typhoon
2 - Pot of Avarice

TRAPS: 9

2 - Fish Depth Charge
2 - Mind Crush
3 - Spiritual Water Art - Aoi
1 - Torrential Tribute
1 - Trap Dustshoot

EXTRA: 15

3 - Deepsea Shark

2 - Black Rose Dragon
2 - Dark Strike Fighter
1 - Goyo Guardian
1 - Iron Chain Dragon
2 - Magical Android
2 - Stardust Dragon
2 - Thought Ruler Archfiend

yeah UDI is done.

from those that are interested in Regs still from what I heard today at my locals is that they are setting up regionals (the owner of the store) held by Konami.. not set up at the store of course but a bigger venue. Good news right? I'm sure something similar will happen soon for other cities.

Interesting build Warthog. Are you still playing that? It seems that drawing Rose would suck.

updated Glads:
M18
3 Test Tiger
2 Rescue Cat
2 E-Hero Prisma
2 GB Samnite
2 GB Laquari
2 GB Darius
1 GB Bestiari
1 GB Equeste
1 GB Murmillo
1 GB Secutor
1 Sangan

M13
3 Cold Wave
3 Book of Moon
2 Enemy Controller
1 Heavy Storm
1 MST
1 Monster Reborn
1 Brain Control
1 ROTA

T10
3 Solemn Judgment
3 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Gladiator Beast War Chariot
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force

E15
3 GB Gyzarus
3 GB Heraklinos
1 Sanwitch

1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
etc.

SD15
1 Jowls of Dark Demis
2 Phantom Dragon
2 Royal Oppression
1 GB Retiari
1 GB Hoplomus
2 Dust Tornado
2 LIM
1 GB Chariot
1 Trap Dustshoot
2 Mind Crush

nah I'm done running it, drawing Rose did suck badly. This is my list now.. went undefeated today at my locals.. might take it to Anaheim if I get to go.

M21
3 Test Tiger
2 Rescue Cat
1 E-Hero Prisma
3 GB Samnite
2 GB Laquari
1 GB Darius
1 GB Bestiari
1 GB Equeste
1 GB Murmillo
1 GB Secutor
1 Sangan
2 D.D. Crow
1 Summoner Monk
1 Retiari

M10
3 Cold Wave
3 Book of Moon
1 Enemy Controller
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Gladiator Proving Ground

T10
3 Solemn Judgment
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Gladiator Beast War Chariot
1 Crush Card Virus
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Mirror Force

Side
2 Phantom Dragon
1 Jowels of Dark Demise
2 LIM
1 Crow
2 Blackwing - Gale The Whirlwind
1 MST
2 Dust Tornado
2 Nobleman of Crossout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)