Zapdos SemiStall?

Hello All, welcome to my RMT thread. Now, about 2 months ago, i thought...hmm why dont i make a stall team. Now, tbh, this isnt a full stall team as i got NO spinner and no spin blocker. It's just a semi stall i guess. Tbh, i wanted to add a spinner/spin blocker but i dont want to destroy the chemistry between this team. But, you guys are the raters so you can suggest what pokes should i replace or w.e. Well, this team is proven to be sucessful, and i think anyone can tell you that. (except for stone, he murdered this team with his hail stall). Anyway, Lets get on to the team building. Wait, hold up, onto the name, well the reason why i call it zapdos stall is because my alt on TU is zapdos and that's my fav pokemon. I originally had zapdos on this team but iris suggested that i switch it to something else as i was extreamly infernape weak :o. Well, onto the team building.
Well, most stall teams either has skarmbliss or glissbliss, And, i wanted a spiker so i picked skarm followed up by blissey.

Ok so, now, i needed a lead that can lay down toxic spikes, so i picked roserade. Tbh, that's quite a interesting lead on a stall team since most stall leads are swampert or gliscor or w.e so, i wanted to lay down as much entry hazards as possible and wanted TS early in the match so i went with a roserade lead.

Now that i had my lead and my 2 walls, i wanted something that can stall the opponent out and use roar over and over and over again which wares the other team out. So, i picked zapdos with sub+roost+roar+thunderbolt

Well, it was proven that i was a little bit infernape weak, so i put impish restalk gyara in zapdos place.

Ok so, im almost done :P. Now, i was a bit DD gyara weak BEFORE i added a gyarados. So, i thought, who could handle gyarados nicely. Oh yea, celebi ;D.

Wow, this is getting boring already, ok so, i wanted something that can surprise a team, i needed something that can say F*** YOU to trickers. So why not Scarftar? This guy is a beast and it surprise the opponent very well. What makes this guy so great is that it outspeed all the things i can have trouble with like infernape, lucario, and many sp.Attackers like azelf and rotom formes without WoW.

So, Here's the result.
Team at a Glance

RoseSerda (Roserade) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
---Now, this is my lead, it's quite simple and beat a good amount of leads out there. First i atleast try to put the opponent to sleep with sleep powder then setting up toxic sikes is a MUST. If the opponent send in a scizor or lucario in when roserade is at full health, then roserade use hidden power fire. Although, i do consider putting HP:ice instead because of the amount of salamence that switch into roserade and cause havak. Anyway, it's a pretty simple lead. And its always good to get toxic spikes down as soon as possible otherwise it's not going to go so well.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 6 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
---Although, i hate using it, i love using it. O.o it's pretty odd if you ask me tbh, anyway, this set is pretty self explanitory. Im thinking about switching to wish bliss but, i needed a spiker who can set up SR any chance it get's. And blissey is a great SRer. Just come in on any special attacker like latias or starmie and set up stealth rocks. Now, usually if roserade is at full health i switch in roserade to absorb any choice scarf if im suspecious of something. Then i go to blissey. This thing take care of so many things from heatran to latias. Great member of the team.

Sauron (Skarmory) (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/64 Atk/176 Def/16 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
---Now, skarmory, good ol skarmbliss which still works well even in today's metagame. Now, this thing take care of things like metagross, weavile, and mamoswine, and many more things. First thing first is set up spikes. Just like roserade with TS, setting up spikes with skarm is a must. Also, i love to play around with WW which is fun :p and ware's down the opponent's pokemon. Brave bird is if skarm want to go hard and fuck the opponent up, even if i dont use it that much. Tbh, i dont really care if the opponent trick a scarf to this thing because all i need for skarm to do is set up spikes which is really his only job on the team.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Perish Song
- Recover
- Grass Knot
---Now, i ask myself, hmm..suicune can really fuck this team over and has a really good chance to set up on blissey so, why not add celebi? Now, since GK wont hit hard after suicune get a couple of CM's down, i thought about putting perish song on celebi which has worked very good. Reflect helps this team alot, and if gyarados try to set up on my team, i send in celebi really fast and set up reflect. But wait tony, what if they have taunt? No problem, grass knot takes alot out of gyarados anyway. Tbh, celebi really helped this team out alot and solves my breloom problems.

Tyranzar (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 120 Atk/252 Spd/136 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Earthquake
---Ok so, now, you talk about M.V.P of the team. This guy has saved my ass so many times it's not even funny. If gyarados is down and lucario is about to sweep my team? No problem bro, i can send in tyranitar and outspeed lucario with EQ. Having trouble with non DD mence? Hehe, surprise, t-tar is here to use ice beam. Scizor problem? What scizor problem? I can flamethrower it if i predict well. Now, if i see an azelf lead, i usually go to this guy first as they set up rocks and use crunch. I dont go to blissey because why would i want to go to blissey when azelf can go BOOOM BOOM BOOM? Anyway, this guy is just amazing and is the mvp of the team by far.

Gyakusatsu (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar
---Now, it was proven, when i had zapdos on the team, i had trouble with infernape. So, it was either gyarados or vaporeon. So i sat and wondered, hmm, gyarados or vaporeon. If i pick vaporeon i can have a good team player passing around wishes everywhere and shit. But, i just went ahead and picked gyarados because of his ability to sleep an shuffle SR and spikes all over the place with roar. And he's also a good infernape counter and can HANDLE scizor and lucario. But, SR can bite me in the ass sometimes. Anyway, yea, impish max Def great gyarados.
Well, that's my team. Rate, hate, steal, sex. Just rate please :).

Sorry for the lack of information, i will edit this post and add more, please dont lock.

Threat list.
Red=BIG Threat Yellow= Somewhat threat
Defensive Threats:

Blissey -Skarm can set up spikes on it, my own blissey can set up SR and toxic it forcing it to switch out.
Bronzong -Skarm loves this guy, haha, anyway, i can set up with skarm.

Celebi-Tyranitar can crunch it and my own celebi can force it out because it can be a pain with Leech seed if i send in blissey.

Cresselia-Tyranitar can crunch it, skarm can set up spikes on it, assuming it dont have charge beam (D)

Dusknoir-Lol, tyranitar, skarm

Forretress-Hmm, well, i usually switch in skarm to set up spikes. Oh yea, and i switch in tyranitar and say WHOOPS Missclick, and hit it with a hard hitting flamethrower.

Gliscor-Skarm, if they have taunt, i got to gyarados and waterfall it, if gyarados is down then boom boom pow, tyranitar outspeeds and kills with icebeam.

Gyarados-celebi

Hippowdon-celebi, skarm set up spikes.

Jirachi- DAMN DUDE, Iron head rachis are ok but FUCK CM rachi, i have a HARD time with CM rachi because blissey cant beat it. I usually got to celebi FAST and use perish song. But if celebi is gone, it's gg.

Rotom-A-Hmm, well, if roserade is alive i usually go to roserade to see if it tricks a scarf onto me because it's not safe going to T-tar at first because it can WoW you and leave crunch hopeless. But, once everything is clear i go to BLISSEY.

Skarmory-My skarm comes in and set up at the same time.

Snorlax-Celebi can set up a reflect and perish song.

Suicune-celebi
Swampert-TS wares it down, skarm can set up spikes and celebi can fuck it up.

Tyranitar-skarm can handle curse tar like hell.

Vaporeon -Blissey can toxic it.

Zapdos-Blissey can fuck this guy over. Tyranitar can come in while zapdos is at low health and ice beam it. And celebi can come in and take care of NON Heat wave versions.

Offensive Threats:

Azelf-Tyranitar

Breloom-Celebi
Empoleon-Blissey, SD versions can be handled by celebi with reflect and perish song.
Gengar-non scarf can be handled by t-tar, or blissey :p.

Gyarados- Celebi

Heatran-Blissey, gyarados, tyranitar can come in on non scarf versions and outspeed and kill with EQ.
Infernape-Hmm, well, the reason why i put gyarados on this team was because of infernape. If gyarados is down, i guess i can outspeed with tyranitar.
/
Jolteon/Raikou-blissey, tyranitar.

Latias-blissey, tyranitar
Kingdra-celebi can set up a reflect on the DD versions and keep GKing it for big damage, blissey handle special versions.

Lucario-Gyarados, tyranitar outspeed and kills

Machamp-Pain in the butthole. But, gyarados can handle it and celebi can TRY to set up a reflect without hitting himself.

Magnezone-Blissey, celebi, although, i saw a Sub+toxic version of magnetone that is just a pain in the ass.

Mamoswine- Not a threat at all because skarm.

Metagross-skarm, celebi can set up a reflect, gyarados can handle non T-punch versions.

Salamence- DD MENCE=HORROR. I hate DD mence like a fat bitch love cake...wait nvm, anyway, yea, other versions can be outsped by t-tar and ice beamz. And i can outpredict them to use outrage.

Scizor-skarm, gyarados

Starmie-blissey, tyranitar

Tyranitar-Hmm, DD variants can be handled by skarm but mixed tar is a pain in the ass whipe.

Weavile-lol skarm, lol gyardos.

Zapdos-Zappy <3. Anyway, blissey owns zapdos.

well the only bad thing about this team i can see is your incredible weakness to starmie. without blissey your screwed. your only hope is to song with celebi and even that might not be enough. the other reason, is because you don't have a spin blocker. it can come in on most of your team fearing nothing and spin all day long. the only thing i can think of atm is replacing tyranitar with a scarfed rotom-a. it does almost the exact same stuff that ttar counters, accept it doesn't summon sandstorm, as you have 4 pokemon affected by it, and it spins rocks and helps with starmie. a simple set with a bit of hp would be fine:

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/140 Spd/116 SAtk
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball / Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat / Will-O-Wisp

the ev's give you enough bulk to switch in and never be 2hko'd by a non-lo starmie surf, outspeed it, and have as much attacking power to kill it. wow is viable over either of those two if you would like it for the extra bulk. i hope i helped. great team btw, and good luck.

The spin blocker is absolutely necessary on a stall team so your hazards don't get spun away, especially against other stall teams. Unfortunately, since your Blissey can't hit Gengar and you no longer have TTar to trap, there's a pretty big LO Gengar weakness (if they play well). I'd try Flamethrower on Blissey since you have Celebi to take care of the Calm Minder + Sub/Resters. Granted, this makes you open to Heatran, but non HP-Electric variants are beaten by Gyara, and those that aren't can be scared away with the new Rotom. To make it easier though, I'd change HP Fire on Roserade to HP Ground. The only thing you're hitting with Fire that you aren't with Ground is Skarmory, but I think that HP Electric LO Tran is a bigger threat than Skarmory. That's just my 2 cents..

thanks for the rate, i was considering rotom instead of celebi, but, blissey isnt always going to beat CM cune. so, yea.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Once Tyranitar is eliminated, NP Infernape will wreck havoc. Granted if it does not have a Nasty Plot up, Gyarados can take care of it. But, just so you're aware, Gyarados will fall to a +2 Grass Knot from FULL health after Stealth Rock damage.

In addition to outspeeding all of your Pokémon barring Tyranitar, the following damage calculations are in place:

Skarmory - OHKOed by Flamethower.
Celebi - 85-99% from a +0 Flamethower, OHKOed if Stealth Rock is up.
Blissey - OHKOed by Close Combat.
Roserade - OHKOed by Flamethower.
Gyarados - 80-95% from a +2 Grass Knot, OHKOed if Stealth Rock is up.

Because of your Infernape threat, I strongly suggest replacing Gyarados with Vaporeon, running the "Standard Wish Support" set. I see this as the simplest way to remedy the Infernape threat without completely restructuring your team as Vaporeon can live a +2 Grass Knot from full health after Stealth Rock damage. (75-88% from a +2 Grass Knot)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)