Zog's Nintendo Tourney 4v4 Doubles Team

First things first, this is my current team for the Nintendo tournament coming up soon. And yeah, I know, Nintendo rules are really shit and everything but I want the free stuff that you get for winning. So I came up with this pretty cool team.

Bold indicates change

Kingdra
Timid 252/252/4 @life orb
Swift swim

Protect
Surf
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor

Bronzong
Careful 252 hp 124 def 128 sp def 4 spd @Lum berry
Levitate
Rain Dance
Hypnosis
Iron Head
Explosion

Toxicroak
Adamant 252/252/4 @muscle band
Dry skin
Cross Chop
Thunderpunch
Fake Out
Sucker Punch

Weavile (Shiny, woo)
Jolly 252/252/4 @expert belt
Pressure

Ice Shard
Taunt
Night Slash
Protect

Floatzel (Shiny also, woo)
Jolly, 252/252/4 @???
Swift Swim
Ice Punch
Waterfall
Protect
Taunt

So, thoughts and constructive criticism? Remember that this is 4v4 doubles and that Tyranitar and ubers are banned, and I *think* sleep clause is active. Items clause and species clause also.
The basic premise is to open up with protect from Kingdra and rain dance from Bronzong, then switch out Bronzong for Toxicroak and proceed to sweep with surf and/or appropriate other moves. Bronzong has a chesto berry to either allow a quick heal from rest or to foil any wise-ass Gengars who try to stop him from setting up by putting him to sleep. Obviously if it looks like the opponent is going to rain dance then I'll just attack right off the bat and freeride on his rain. Bronzong is intended to explode pretty soon also, and the battle should be over in less than 5 turns anyway. Kingdra is also timid to kill other Kingdras: there are sure to be a lot of guys running modest ones, not thinking about what'll happen if they come up against another Kingdra. Toxicroak is also included to kill Lapras, Blissey and pals as well as sponge off surf. His sucker punch may catch people off guard which is why I opted for Adamant. He's primarily for wall-breaking anyway, as opposed to taking out the slower sweepers. Weavile is there for generic support against stuff like Garchomp, Salamence and Gengar, as well as for her awesomely fast ice shard. Expert belt to give a large boost against the ice-fearing dragons as well as to give a vague impression of a focus sash when people notice she isn't taking life orb recoil, which could possibly work to my advantage somehow. I didn't use brick break because Tyranitar is banned and protect is far more valuable in doubles, especially when paired with Kingdra's surf and to a lesser extent Toxicroak's earthquake. My only major worry is that my Weavile may lose out to other Weavile: she only has 28 speed IV, but hell, her spread is godly for a wild-caught shiny. Every IV is over 21, with the only one under 25 attack. Plus using a pink and yellow Weavile in a heal ball is kinda cool. She's named Flashbang also, which while being cheesy, is pretty epic.

Also mention if you'll be going to any of these tourneys. I'm personally going with a couple of friends, and would like to know how many people will be turning up. Because this horribly gay 128 entrant rule is getting me kinda worked up, especially since I have to traverse over half the country just to get to London.

Firstly, great team. Congrats!
Secondly, you only have one Rain Dancer. Taunt screws the whole strategy. I think you should have two more Pokemon to have a wider variety to choose from, as well as another Rain Dancer. And the 128 entrant does suck. I'm going from Brazil to London just for this. It's half of the world!

Actually, one Rain Dancer should be fine, but I'm a bit worried about your lead, since Bronzong is pretty much Taunt bait. Have you considered running Rain Dance on Kingdra and Toxicroak in the lead with Fake Out? You can flinch an enemy and set up Rain first turn, pretty useful--I'd drop Draco Meteor, since Dragon + Water gives you excellent coverage and Draco Meteor pretty much advertises a switch to your opponent, and if you didn't kill 'em... If that doesn't appeal to you, I've some other suggestions:

On Kingdra, why run Timid with max speed if you're only out to beat other Kingdra? I'm gonna assume most will run 164 speed with Modest, so why not run one point more, adjusting for IVs, with Modest for the extra power? You could take the EVs outta HP.

On Bronzong, should you decide to keep it, replace Chesto Berry with a Lum Berry in case the enemy uses Confuse Ray or something to the effect. I'd also nix Rest for Gyro Ball as a sleeping Bronzong ain't gonna be doing much and you said he explodes soon, so why not? Light Screen or Reflect are also good options.

Toxicroak needs to lose the Choice Band, he works a lot better when he can switch attacks; given Item Clause I would suggest Muscle Band. EQ is redundant coverage paired with Cross Chop unless you really hate opposing Toxicroak (not like Kingdra and Weavile take it well anyway), so drop it for Fake Out to give you a quick flinch to buy time.

Personally I wouldn't run Weavile in that spot, since she won't stand up to repeated Surfs and doesn't benefit from Rain really. I would suggest something like Floatzel for a good Swift Swim physical attacker, or you could add something like Ludicolo who can ruin the opposition. If you plan on keeping her, I'd suggest replacing Ice Shard with Brick Break--while Tyranitar is banned, there are still steel types which wall you sideways, not to mention it'll allow you to break an opponent's screens. You're fast enough to not really need Ice Shard anyway, unless you're really paranoid about Latios or something, which Kingdra murders anyway (and another Swift Swim pokemon like, again, Floatzel could waste).

Nice feedback, lol. Very kind of you to go so in-depth.

I've replaced Toxicroak's EQ with fake out and added sucker punch (forgot to put that first time round lol) and given him muscle band instead of choice band (pretty sure he still scores OHKO on max HP/def Blissey).

Kingdra remains unchanged: draco meteor is there in case of emergency. Granted, I shouldn't really be getting into any emergencies, but draco meteor really helps in a pinch against a troublesome enemy sweeper and is very good as a last-ditch attempt to kill something like Lapras which is immune to surf and takes little damage from dragon pulse. I'm still running timid though, because the extra speed means that any enemy kingdras are basically a free OHKO (there will be many enemy Kingdras) and I also outspeed scarfdactyl... someone'll use it with rock slide. I've always run timid Kingdras on NetBattle and Shoddy and the extra speed's served me well over the years.

Bronzong is pretty much the same other than Iron Head. Same thing as gyro ball really in principle, just iron head has more PP and I can use it for a possible flinch on enemy Bronzong. In caseanyone didn't notice, I've opted to run careful instead of sassy and I've given him 4 speed EVs to give him the edge over rival Bronzong. 31 speed IV too.

Weavile is again similar but I've replaced ice punch with taunt. I always found that ice punch wasn't being used, because I'm always paranoid of things running scarves (one unexpected scarf and I could be out of the tourney, really, so I'm not taking any chances). Taunt is there so I can poop on setup stuff in general, really, and because not many people to my knowledge will expect it on a weavile as opposed to common taunters like gyarados and crobat, who I face all the time. Oh yeah and I'm also running her so that my entire team doesn't rely on rain and can function without it, or even in sun or something. So I don't have to restrict my options really.

Floatzel's set is just a first draft, also. I've had her lying in my EVed box for about a year now and she's not seen any love. Good IVs too. 29 in speed iirc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)