The World Cup of Pokémon VIII - Round 1 - Read posts #283, #342, #634 and #680

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting on the behalf of Malfunction:

Malfunction stayed on all day waiting for Reachzero and Reach didn't show up. That being said, we are the ones to be blamed. I myself scheduled with Reachzero and agreed on yesterday and Malfunction wasn't here. Reach is a cool guy and he showed up on the correct time. I'm sorry they couldn't complete it today, but again it's our fault.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
DO NOT JOIN A DCED BATTLER'S BATTLE

So in tfc vs. lohgock today, tfc dced (he sent his team in btw), but before he was able to reconnect, two showdown users, derdumme, ip address: 77.7.23.38, smogon name lowgock ( a german team member), and TrolMeister, ip address: 84.158.160.224, smogon name pasy g (a german who signed up but is not on the team officially), both joined the battle on tfc's side.

This constitutes an obvious extreme advantage.

The decision on the battle is that tfc can choose the mode and time of the replay, and germany has to sub out lowgock for the remainder of this round AND he can't play next round. Both lowgock and pasy g will be infracted.

Here is a general warning, and everyone who is on a team should read it...JOINING THE BATTLE WHEN A PARTICIPANT DCES IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE (unless you are on his team and are "defending" the spot).

Germany got lucky that this battle was on turn 5 or so, if it was a little bit more into it I would be strongly inclined to just give West the win.

Don't make me give your opposition a free win because you decide to be stupid and join the battle.

DO NOT JOIN A DCED BATTLER'S BATTLE

pasy_g

Banned deucer.
oh jesus. Well i already explained, but lemme explain again:

I usually play on PO and do not have much experience in PS. I´ve never seen this button before. I thought i DCed, what happens often around this time btw, and it looked as i had to click the button to rejoin TO WATCH the battle again.

I do not want you to undo the infraction, I just want you to know i am not a bad sportsman (ask Kevin Garrett.....).

Yeah so sorry to all the people i caused trouble, I didnt want to manipulate the competition or something.

Lowgock

Doyen & Éminence Grise of the German Pokémon Community
is the 3rd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Hey!
Im deeply sorry for my misbehavings and my retarded and accidental joining of the battle after TFC dc'd. Ill accept the proposed charges and reflect on what i did wrong.
Sincerely, Lowgock.

Just to clarify things: Even though these two are Germans I'm not involved into anything (believe it or not). It'd be totally stupid to risk a lose when you a) are at rank 1 and don't desperatly need wins and b) have a favorable matchup.
Still, since both are German, I apologize for their behaviour and the trouble they cause. I will obviously accept the conditions for a replay and want to thank the wcop-staff for not punishing us with a loss.

Allthough it was an obvious missbehaviour by Pasy and Lowgock, I won't dare to play on Showdown again (as long as my opp agrees obv) because this Join Battle thing is such a shitty function, I don't get why it even exists, but whatever..

Hey guys,

I want to comment on this too. I would like you to know that I'm indeed really hot (You can ask all the german dutch and spanish users to confirm). I will accept any consequences.

Sincerely,
Mind

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hey guys,

I want to comment on this too. I would like you to know that I'm indeed really hot and bothered. (You can ask all the german dutch and spanish users to confirm). I will accept any consequences.

Sincerely,
Mind
fix'd that for you. I can also confirm that this is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)