2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Uh JT is our leader and Di Matteoo is the Manager.The same stuff happens at Anfield with Gerrard and Kenny.....And as you can see having a leader like him back for this crucial game gave the team much needed motivation and confidence(except maybe for Torres >_<).At this rate I really think that Di Matteo should stay as manager;I bet the players are tired of going through the 'new manager syndrome' so many times and is arguably the reason they've been underperforming.That being said I'd like to address another issue.When AVB got sacked everyone was like 'That was cruel;he deserved to be given more time'.One guy even called Chelsea an embarassment to the premier league.I would agree with that sentiment considering the foolish manner in which Ancelotti was sacked but not AVB.Everyone knows we would not have won this with him still in charge.Maybe it wasn't the players fault after all.

It's player power that led to AVB being sacked, nothing more, nothing less. And that is the fault of the players, even if it's just because they didn't like the manager and don't play well.

HBK

The problem was with his tactics.It was said that Di Matteo was hated even more..........

Uh JT is our leader and Di Matteoo is the Manager.The same stuff happens at Anfield with Gerrard and Kenny.....
gerrard isn't vocal at all.. he just leads by example. if anything i'd say carra is the one that barks out instructions but he's barely on the pitch anymore

HBK

gerrard isn't vocal at all.. he just leads by example. if anything i'd say carra is the one that barks out instructions but he's barely on the pitch anymore
That's only because he's a midfielder,and not even a defensive one.GK's,defenders and defensive midfielders that captain their team are more suited to coordinating play from the back.

Uh JT is our leader and Di Matteoo is the Manager.The same stuff happens at Anfield with Gerrard and Kenny.....And as you can see having a leader like him back for this crucial game gave the team much needed motivation and confidence(except maybe for Torres >_<).At this rate I really think that Di Matteo should stay as manager;I bet the players are tired of going through the 'new manager syndrome' so many times and is arguably the reason they've been underperforming.That being said I'd like to address another issue.When AVB got sacked everyone was like 'That was cruel;he deserved to be given more time'.One guy even called Chelsea an embarassment to the premier league.I would agree with that sentiment considering the foolish manner in which Ancelotti was sacked but not AVB.Everyone knows we would not have won this with him still in charge.Maybe it wasn't the players fault after all.
Do you even watch your team? They made absolutely fuck all effort for AVB towards the end. Made the end of Torres' stint at Anfield look like he was trying. Now they've got their own way and suddenly they're winning again? Honestly the fucking lot of them make me sick. Hope they drop out of the CL.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
berbatov to be sold in the summer. that leaves a space for a striker. to coem in.
Well, there's nothing you can do to help against wonder strikes like that. United need to score 3 now.

Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Man Utd (4-2 aggregate)
Lorente "23

28 mins gone.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I think the main issue with Chelsea was that Ancelotti should not have been sacked, just straight up there was no reason to fire him when they did. The next manager was going to have problems no matter what.

Also, you don't really need to purchase another striker, and I doubt SAF will be as worried about that position as he will his defense and midfield. You have Welbeck, Hernandez, and Rooney, and Macheda, so if another striker gets signed it'll be a cheap one imo, not a high profile footballer.

The problems all go back to why Ray Wilkins was sacked. Apparently he was a popular character with the coach and the players and had an understanding with all the Italian staff that Ancelotti brought with him. I'd like to know why he was sacked.

edit: 2-0 Bilbao loool

HBK

I almost forgot how fun it is to watch United get fucked since the CL final.And why would the players try harder under Di Matteo if they didn't under AVB? He's hated even more.As i said the problem was with his tactics.

Anybody catch the commentator in the City match having a bit of a racist moment: "Man City are all over the place, look at Balotelli he's in the centre circle! Wait.. that's Toure..." "Well... the important thing is they lack cohesion..." HAHAHAHAHA I hope that's on youtube later!

Man United and Man City are unsuccessful in Europe because they try to cheat & lack fitness. To go through you need to be Sporting & Athletic

Seriously I wonder if someone employs a room full of monkeys somewhere that just spend all their time making up these puns. Unless of course you made that up in which case, carry on!

There is no true best team in England. They all suck. Seriously, the level of competition in the Premier League this year has significantly dropped.

Because most of the top teams are retooling with younger players right now, and of the 3 top 7 teams that aren't retooling their roster, 2 of them(Totts, Newcastle) aren't in the UCL this year and City....well first season in it I guess, but tbh I did think they could have done better considering a fair few of their players do have UCL experience with other teams.

I expect the Premier League to rebound in Europe next year, no way there's a repeat of this year's performances.

man seriously, i had no vested interest in who won that man city vs sporting lisbon game, but when joe hart got his head on the end of that ball in the last second i literally jumped out of my seat and yelled..... shame it didn't go in, woulda been just about the most epic ending possible

Definitely, as an Arsenal fan I want Nasri and Clichy to fail miserably.. but I really wanted that shot to go in.. City just have shit chemistry and without Kompany, it's amazing how shit it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)