2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
I'm only comparing them because Park was doing squat before he arrived anyway(apart from that disappointing performance vs City that cost them the title) and his opportunities will only decrease with the emergence of new competition(especially from someone like Kagawa).It's merely a coincidence that Park and United's first signing this summer happen to be asian........

I'm in for the fantasy league.

My Team:

Expecting solid performances from Germany, and Spain. And I fancy England to not concede many, so may swap around the defence a bit.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I need to sort my Fantasy team soonish, I'm notoriously bad at it though.

On a more serious note, does anyone know of good coverage of the Euros in the US, or a good place to keep up online. I don't think I could just ignore it all round. Could be serious as I doubt it's on the TV as much as at home. All help appreciated!

I tried to register but every time i try to it reverts back to my profile page, if I go to join again, I go back to my profile page. Any ideas why this is happening?

I have a question though: do your substitutes still get you points? If not I'm changing Evra -> Simunic and Balotelli -> Kerzhakov first match.

Edit: nvm, I found the answer. I did the above changes for the first match.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
sigurdsson confirmed his move to swansea is off and wants a move to liverpool

chris hughton rumoured to be favourite for the norwich job

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
an honest bloke and an absolute gentleman and the way we treated him is a source of great shame for me. as a manager he has to be credited for instilling the team spirit and sense of unity that was sorely lacking when we were relegated and (along with our shrewd transfer policy) is probably responsible for the success we're experiencing right now. I think he's still learning his trade as a head coach but in his first 3 seasons in that capacity he led us to promotion, then to 12th place in the Premiership (would have been top half finish but for our final day capitulation at WBA) and then he took Birmingham to the play-offs.

i wish him the best of luck at Norwich and i look forward to when your lot come to SJP so we can give him a warm reception :3

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus

Team Katy Perry <3

Joined the league.

On Kagawa: I really think if Ashley Young performs better next season, both Kagawa & Young could really provide United with the kind of pace that they really were lacking, both players have a flare about them that they will hopefully produce next season, propelling us to cup wins. I think United should also invest in new defenders, mainly because Ferdinand is getting old, injury-prone, and is frankly not at the best of his game. Evra is just like a little bee, running around all over the place, and is not the best defensively. Albeit we have the likes of Rafael, Smalling & Jones, another defender would surely not hurt.

cool i'm joining it and the almighty Rubro-Negro FC will crush everyone

not revealing my team because it's too boss and everyone will copy it xD (or not)

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Joined as well.My team's too perfect for me to reveal :D
And yeah Lewandowski needs more love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)