5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
How come when I click on rng reporter 9 all I see is a blank page and no downloads showing up?
The download is through eggmove.com which isn't accessible right now due to domain issues (same reason why you can't get to the encounter tables). Here's the link for 9.96.6, but it's alpha so there may be some bugs still.

(as a side note please let me know if I'm not supposed to give out this link...I just keep pulling it from that post in this thread by Slashmolder from a while back)

Working out the parameters for Black 2, I got these Timer 0s.

-16B6
-159E
-162C
-162C
-16B6

So, which ones do I put in the max and min boxes?

The download is through eggmove.com which isn't accessible right now due to domain issues (same reason why you can't get to the encounter tables). Here's the link for 9.96.6, but it's alpha so there may be some bugs still.

(as a side note please let me know if I'm not supposed to give out this link...I just keep pulling it from that post in this thread by Slashmolder from a while back)
Thanks for the link bro!. If it's down how am I suppose to find the encounter slots for white 2?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Working out the parameters for Black 2, I got these Timer 0s.

-16B6
-159E
-162C
-162C
-16B6

So, which ones do I put in the max and min boxes?
Based on those: min=162C, max=16B6

But if you only wanted to search on your most common one (which you apparently hit twice as often as the others), just make your max and min be 1698. Either route is fine :)

Thanks for the link bro!. If it's down how am I suppose to find the encounter slots for white 2?
You're welcome :) Here you go https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12206225/encounterw2.htm

There are others for Gen V a few posts up :P

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi! I'm using PPRNG Reporter 1.15.0, trying to RNG a shiny Timid 31/0/31/31/31/31 Giratina from the SUM2013 event in Black version.
My target seed is D5B4DC5FB82C4B50, the frame is 48, and my MAC address is 00-19-FD-8C-94-23.
I'm starting from an initial frame of 47, with the target being 48. This means that I should only have to advance the frame once, correct? SO, I saved the game once, then interacted with the delivery man. Instead of getting the frame of 48, I almost always end up with frame 52.

I thought I remembered reading that saving the game advances the frame by 1, not 5. What should I do to ensure that I only advance the frame by 1? If it helps, I have two Pokémon in my party, both Chatots, every time I save.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Hi! I'm using PPRNG Reporter 1.15.0, trying to RNG a shiny Timid 31/0/31/31/31/31 Giratina from the SUM2013 event in Black version.
My target seed is D5B4DC5FB82C4B50, the frame is 48, and my MAC address is 00-19-FD-8C-94-23.
I'm starting from an initial frame of 47, with the target being 48. This means that I should only have to advance the frame once, correct? SO, I saved the game once, then interacted with the delivery man. Instead of getting the frame of 48, I almost always end up with frame 52.

I thought I remembered reading that saving the game advances the frame by 1, not 5. What should I do to ensure that I only advance the frame by 1? If it helps, I have two Pokémon in my party, both Chatots, every time I save.
Which Pokemon center are you at? It sounds like you might be in one with WNPC's and they are advancing the frame. If so, I think the Pokemon League doesn't have any (iirc). And yes, saving advances it by 1. The Chatots won't affect it unless you view their summary :)

edit: sorry, skipped a question. Yes, only 1 advancement is needed

Tatertot

Which Pokemon center are you at? It sounds like you might be in one with WNPC's and they are advancing the frame. If so, I think the Pokemon League doesn't have any (iirc). And yes, saving advances it by 1. The Chatots won't affect it unless you view their summary :)

edit: sorry, skipped a question. Yes, only 1 advancement is needed
I'm in Nimbasa, I didn't think there were wandering NPCs there?

Tatertot

There's a guy on the top floor who keeps looking at the wall lol

edit: So it looks like NPCs are the culprit yet again.
Hmm, so I tried going to the Pokemon League, and now I'm getting a Frame of 50, still 2 more than I should be getting. Any other ideas? Thanks so much for your help so far!

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Hmm, so I tried going to the Pokemon League, and now I'm getting a Frame of 50, still 2 more than I should be getting. Any other ideas? Thanks so much for your help so far!
you're welcome! Glad to help :)

Well, iirc the Wondercard frames were a bit off in the Reporter, but I'm not sure/don't think that's the case with PPRNG. Did you choose Shiny only when you found your seed? I think if you choose the wrong option, it doesn't accurately predict the results.

Tatertot

you're welcome! Glad to help :)

Well, iirc the Wondercard frames were a bit off in the Reporter, but I'm not sure/don't think that's the case with PPRNG. Did you choose Shiny only when you found your seed? I think if you choose the wrong option, it doesn't accurately predict the results.
I clicked "Shiny only" when finding my seed. This time I tried talking to the character without advancing the frame, and I got Frame 49, one before what I need. So close! Maybe I'll just try a different seed...

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I clicked "Shiny only" when finding my seed. This time I tried talking to the character without advancing the frame, and I got Frame 49, one before what I need. So close! Maybe I'll just try a different seed...
Hmm, are you sure the rest of the info in the Time Finder is right? For example, all of the Wondercard Settings are right? There isn't anything that should be advancing the frame, and Agonist confirmed PPRNG calculates the frames correctly. Either way, a new seed might not be a bad idea, but that doesn't explain what's wrong with this one...

Tatertot

Hmm, are you sure the rest of the info in the Time Finder is right? For example, all of the Wondercard Settings are right? There isn't anything that should be advancing the frame, and Agonist confirmed PPRNG calculates the frames correctly. Either way, a new seed might not be a bad idea, but that doesn't explain what's wrong with this one...
Here's a screenshot of my window, does everything look right?

I'm trying to Entralink RNG an Arceus that I have in my White game. My seed has a time of 05:15:20, but I'm always hitting 1 second later.

After updating the delay and time in the EonTimer I can't get any results when I search for the IVs with the new information.

I'm using EonTimer 1.6 and using the Entralink option in the Gen. 5 option of the timer.

Does anyone has an idea about what might be happening?

Last edited:
So, first Black 2 RNG and I thought I would grad myself a nice shiny Litwick.

I'm going to be on the highest floor of Celestial Tower, so there is no way for the dumb excuses for characters NPCs on the floor below to affect the frames.

As long as I don't move around- the only thing that can advance the frame is me, right?

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
So, first Black 2 RNG and I thought I would grad myself a nice shiny Litwick.

I'm going to be on the highest floor of Celestial Tower, so there is no way for the dumb excuses for characters NPCs on the floor below to affect the frames.

As long as I don't move around- the only thing that can advance the frame is me, right?
You, chatots and/or turning on C-gear.

Hi,
I wanted to try to rng a few pokemon but I cant get the rng reporter because none of the download links I tried is working.
And now I want to know if it's still possible to get it ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)