A trip down childhood memory lane

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
or is it a trip down nostalgia lane? guess it'll be different for everyone.
also man, a second thread in less than 90 days? what am i turning into, i just hope a "Ninahaza drunk thread" wont pop up

a little backstory:
so one of my friends is here in my room and he is infact looking over my shoulder right now laughing his head off. I know that its past midnight but we are just hanging out, now please get your mind out of the gutter. ANYWAYS, so about an hour and a half ago, whiles looking up a song on youtube we stumbled upon the theme song for the show Courage the Cowardly Dog, a childhood classic. we then proceeded to waste the next 1.5 hours talking about our favorite childhood shows and then looking up the theme songs just to get that feeling of nostalgia.
i was surprised at some of the shows he watched growing up, let alone his favorite childhood shows. but without a doubt the best part was looking up and listening to the theme songs of our favorite childhood shows. we listened to everything ranging from the lates 80's to early 2000's.

some of the themes we listend to [i went through my youtube history, its even better the 2nd time around]
- Powerpuff Girls
- Ed Edd n' Eddy
- static shock
- Dexter's Laboratory
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

the list goes on and on. ah childhood, good times, good times

we were all children once and i'm sure just the list of themes above brought back some memories[you're welcome by the way]
anyways yeah, so tell me smogon, NAY, take me back in time to your childhood. what were some of your favorite shows as a kid/growing up and please share some theme songs so i can continue this "feel good" nostalgic feeling.
i'm interested to see which show won most of us over as children, so you know i'll be reading each and every post

Edit: - Captain Planet [i used to know the whole song by heart and pretend i had a ring with elemental powers XD]
ah childhood, i want you back so bad

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
samurai jack, grim adventures of billy and mandy, evil con carne, teen titans

i remember trying to catch shows at a specific time on TV and when i managed to successfully do so it was the highlight of my day

Samurai Jack was fucking awesome. I liked Powerpuff Girls more than I should have.

I used to love the Beast Wars cartoon too.

But most of all, was Tintin. Tintin would come on the children's TV channel at 6pm for a while, then it would go for months, before they brought it back. I remember one time it returned, I was in the kitchen, and I heard the opening notes of the theme and went sprinting through the house to get to the TV to watch it

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope those who watched Recess back in the day enjoy this:

[youtube]Blmi3vg8mcA[/youtube]

One word:

Toonami

EVERYTHING worth watching on tv came from here!! All of the best shows. I literally cried my head off when it got canceled :(

Look at Cartoon Network now!!! Not only did the cancelation of this great marvel send it to rock bottom, but it has begun digging!!!

Is there anyone here who agrees with me???

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
dating myself here, but...

Fraggle Rock
Eureka's Castle
Ren and Stimpy (the original, not the new gay one)
Salute Your Shorts
Tales from the Cryptkeeper
Animaniacs (and to a lesser extent, Freakazoid)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Beast Wars
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (later childhood)

90s were the best.

Freakazoid, Dexters Lab, Hey Arnold, Angry motherfucking Beavers, Freakazoid, Pinky and the Brain (how has this not been mentioned yet?), Toonami, All That, The Amanda Show, Rugrats, Ahh! Real Monsters, Johnny Bravo (aka how I learned to talk to women), Animaniacs, Freakazoid, etc.

All these shows were infinitely better than anything on TV right now. The only thing that comes close is seasons 1-3 of Spongebob, but I think since the show started to suck once that one guy left, it hurts its integrity. Also, before anyone mentions it, Adventure Time sucks.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
haha OMG waterbomb ^__^

also just rediscovered a huge part of my childhood when it comes to TV shows.
- Tom and Jerry Kids [and just Tom and Jerry in general]
- Captain Planet [i used to know the whole song by heart and pretend i had a ring with elemental powers XD]
- Sylvester and Tweety mysteries

i also just finished watching an episode of the powerpuff girls just because. Man, as a guy i dont think i'll ever be ashamed to admit i enjoyed that show

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I forgot to mention Pinky and the Brain, but it was a segment on Animaniacs anyway so I assumed that was a given. Also agreeing with Alan that TV these days is atrocious, INCLUDING SpongeBob (sorry, that crap isn't funny at all and never has been).

Did you intentionally mention Freakazoid 3 times in that paragraph?

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was always a fan of rugrats, hey Arnold, Rocco's modern life, Doug, recess, the Amanda show, all that, powerpuff girls, Kim possible, grim adventures of billy and Mandy, all the looney tunes reruns and Tom and jerry, and probably a ton I'm forgetting

my parents also had me watch boomerang and a ton of other old cartoons so although these were wayyy before my time I've still been a fan of the flintstones, the jetsons, speed racer (not the shitty remakes), and jonny quest

"I wanna be the very best there ever was
To beat all the rest, yeah, that's my cause
Gotta catch 'em all!

Seriously the first season of the Pokemon anime was my favourite. Misty actually had a personality.
Other programmes I loved were Kim Possible, all the Marvel ones (especially Spidy and the X-Men), the jungle book when all the animals were kids, american dragon, TMNT...

sniff i miss my childhood. The complete freedom, no pressure with school, exams, etc...

damn ninahaza I did the exact same thing a few days ago. Jackie chan adventures was AMAZING in addition to all the shows you listed. 90s classics, the old Spongebob, Johnny Bravo, Teen Titans...

Nostalgia'ing so hard right now.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Anyone here remember the following:

-Doug
-Pepper Ann
-Rugrats
-The Wild Thornberrys
-Recess

Ah, I loved Saturday mornings as a kid...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
This thread makes me feel old. I see people listing cartoons from like 3 years ago as "cartoons from their childhood". Yeesh. Any other 80s reps here??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)