Anyone here play World of Warcraft?

made #smogonwow to stop the wow spam thats been going on lately. anyone who plays please feel free to drop by :)

although i told glalie i would reroll with him "this weekend" a while ago, i've been focusing on mid-terms for the past week. next week i'm on fall break though so i'll definitely have time to roll!

Okay, so I just got my first character to 70 (blood elf hunter). What should I do with him now? I want to get some better gear on him, but with WotLK coming out in a few weeks, I don't want to throw down a ton of gold, just to see all my gear get replaced by a reward from my first quest. What are some good instances to do in terms of drops? Should I bother getting my leatherworking up now or wait a bit? Is all I can really do now quest and farm rep?

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
i recently hit 70 for the first too (draeni hunter) and ive been leveling up my leatherworking. questing doesnt seem like a good idea unless theyre low level quests. you can still do the high level quests when wotlk comes out so you can get xp off em.

Definitely level your Leatherworking. It is absolutely unreal how many people don't level their professions given how huge they can help you. Questing is a great idea (Netherstorm and SMV net you huge gold when you do them at 70)... you won't really need the rep though come WOTLK since it'll all be replaced by Northrend factions.

For instances do anything, theres Hunter loot everywhere. Doing some raids such as Kara and ZA (the easy 10 ones) shouldn't be an issue since they are insanely easy and practically a joke now.

you can still do the high level quests when wotlk comes out so you can get xp off em.
You won't want to, though - it's similar to how you didn't keep doing Azeroth quests past 60(or 58 in many people's cases). You'll get way less bang for your buck in Outland instead of Northrend just like in Azeroth instead of Outland - if you have any quests left you feel like doing I'd just do it now for cash, although from what I've heard you're pretty much tripping over mounds of gold in Northrend anyway.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i am going to start playing, but i need to install a fuckload of patches first apparently (its gay you have to install them one by one isntead of skipping to the newest one... blah). ill start playing next month, if i download them all this month ill exceed my DL limit

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Let us know what server you play on. I want to play with you. :3

Also, if it's not too late, I can give you a code for 3x exp.

STEELICKS :D

Also you can download a single patch. When I reinstalled a couple of months ago (after installing Burning Crusade) it downloaded everything in one patch up to 2.4

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah burning crusade is another matter... it means the patches are way smaller in size (800 meg for the 3.01 patch for burning crusade vs 2 gig(!!) for the standard edition). ah well...

Its much faster to just download it off the internet then to download from blizzard they make you install more than one for some stupid reason and takes forever. Just installed it myself today.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
Definitely level your Leatherworking. It is absolutely unreal how many people don't level their professions given how huge they can help you.
well i started my character with mining/jewel crafting but jewel crafting was taking too long to level up because of the rare materials. so i ditched that and started blacksmithing since it goes well with mining. after grinding a bunch on that a found out that leatherworking is better for hunters. i didnt want to stop mining since it was maxed (pre-outland) so i had to start buying materials at the AH. unfortunately that was around the time i started collecting for a speedy mount, which i just got this week :D so i spent all my gold on mats (and a hurricane bow, just cause its cool)

Never really played MMO's before and before I start playing any know what kind of server I should pick and is pvp annoying when trying to level?

Also does population really matter?

Population is a massive factor imo, bigger than the type you play on.

High Population has a bigger choice on the auction house, more people to group with, more guilds, all that stuff. However there is more competition if you're trying to farm any given item. Also if you have a shit connection or PC the lag will probably be too much to bear... bare? Low Population will make it harder to find a group, potentially higher prices of items with a lower supply. However farming is much nicer and lag is significantly lower.

I prefer PvE to PvP simply because if I ever wanted to PvP (lol I never do) I would choose to do it. PvP doesn't leave much of a choice, and yes leveling on a PvP server is much more annoying when you are trying to level.

Population is a massive factor imo, bigger than the type you play on.

High Population has a bigger choice on the auction house, more people to group with, more guilds, all that stuff. However there is more competition if you're trying to farm any given item. Also if you have a shit connection or PC the lag will probably be too much to bear... bare? Low Population will make it harder to find a group, potentially higher prices of items with a lower supply. However farming is much nicer and lag is significantly lower.

I prefer PvE to PvP simply because if I ever wanted to PvP (lol I never do) I would choose to do it. PvP doesn't leave much of a choice, and yes leveling on a PvP server is much more annoying when you are trying to level.
Alright thanks, lag shouldn't be a problem or at least I hope it's not.

Forgot about this topic lol

How does everyone like WOTLK so far? Pretty amazing! Also what happened to all of you fuckers that said they would roll on Trollbane xD (noobster is back and playing again)

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
you guys wouldnt rush me :@

but really, i just got to 70 like 2 weeks before wotlk. rerolling and doing all the shit again instead of playing the new content sounds pretty shitty.

Because hunters are hard to level.
You're right though once I was done with important shit on my rogue I tried out a DK and the quests were awesome and all that shit. Then I realised "oh jesus fuck I have to go outland after this".
DKs look fucking awesome by the way
Also I got my polar bear mount a couple days ago it looks fucking awesome as well
I LIKE TROLLS OKAY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)