Data ASB Feedback & Game Issues Thread - Mk IV

sry for continually posting about different things, but can we update either the descriptions for the terrain moves or for camouflage so that it is mentioned that the different terrains affect camouflage?

whatever

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
sry for continually posting about different things, but can we update either the descriptions for the terrain moves or for camouflage so that it is mentioned that the different terrains affect camouflage?

whatever
As well as Nature Power, as it changes depending on the terrain ingame

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I feel like this is an unnecessarily specific thing, at least for Camouflage.

Camouflage if used while a terrain is active matches the type of the terrain. (Misty Terrain -> Fairy, Electric Terrain -> Electric, etc..)

Also, the terrains already specify what Nature Power calls while its active.

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
SQSA is locked still

Can Future Sight Crit

ediZt: Yes it can, cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Okay trawl time!

Chance clauses: Let's just explicitly specify a default and suggest ways to circumvent that default. Eg. Default to check at the start of action, before any mon moves, and if you want to check at the time your mon acts, write a "when your Pokemon acts" phrase. I stated the example above and not the other way around because I personally like giving players an easier time to remember, and that seems easier to me, kind of. Moving to Discussion because we really need to resolve this before it goes about ruining play experience, Jesus Christ (and I'm not even Christian).

Future Sight:
I like Frosty's starting point. I'll move to Discussion using his suggestion and EM's questions as starters, then see if people came up with more obscure interactions that needs to be clarified.

Terrain and Camouflage: By default, arena mechanics get overwritten by items get overwritten by moves, in that order. So if you use Camouflage or Nature/Secret Power on a Rock Gym that's under Electric Terrain and a Heat Rock boosted Sunny Day, go with Terrain and Sunny Day. Nothing in EM's post warrant discussion for changes.

Terrain and Camouflage: By default, arena mechanics get overwritten by items get overwritten by moves, in that order. So if you use Camouflage or Nature/Secret Power on a Rock Gym that's under Electric Terrain and a Heat Rock boosted Sunny Day, go with Terrain and Sunny Day. Nothing in EM's post warrant discussion for changes.
All I am saying is it would be good to have that codified somewhere more relevant than a policy thread (like in the move descriptions for example, the same way the terrain moves mention nature power changes)

Add Rest to moves that dont heal under Heal Block.

This was an oversight when we updated the description

Edit: after talking on discord its probably fine as is. Rest should still put the user to sleep and heal status, but not recover HP. imo we should make that more clear in the wording

Last edited:

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
With regards to only above - EM did you bring Ambipom into DYAE? If you didn't then I'm willing to agree with you.

Just kidding. If I read your interaction right, that combo with Skill Link would have:

10 [5-hit Fury Swipes] + 35 [Fury Cutter for 5 consecutive uses] = 45 BAP. Off what may be a 19.5 EN cost.

I mean if we want to get creative, sure I'm all for it - there are plenty of ways too! Just please don't make Ambipom the most OP IMBA mon for one week that Divine Hotfix Intervention has to occur.

EDIT: Okay after scrolling up through Discord chatlogs I realised I may have been taking the most OP interpretation while EM did not intend that. EM was suggesting Fury Cutter being tacked at the last move of Fury Swipes and therefore have only 19 BAP, plus 10 to make 29 total BAP of the combo.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Proposing an addition to the substitution rules:

"The result of a substitution made by the player ordering second cannot cause the trigger of a substitution made by a player ordering first to become true if that Pokemon has already acted that action."

Chance clauses as they currently are leave room for tons of unnecessary abuse cases. Elevator Music brought this up a while back and I think I finally found an appropriate rule to patch this hole in our rules. It's effectively just the other version of the rule preventing the player ordering 2nd from deactivating a substitution.

Last edited:
Need to clarify whether Sticky Barb replaces consumables that activate on-hit (berries, weakness policy, etc.) since there is no in game precidence on this particular interaction.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
WRT above, IIRC Espy went with "doesn't replace" after the two of us tested on Showdown? Anyway also welcome debate.

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
Can we get rid of the "This item can only be activated when the Pokemon is sent out" Part of Berserk gene

It was probably turned this way back when they fixed Mega Evolutions from being activated on any action to only at the beginning of the action, but since RCB can be activated on any action can we let Berserk Gene work the same way as well?

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I am guessing its like that because that is how it works ingame

nothing to do with megaevos simply because:
a) they are only on a gen that predates megaevos by a good 16 years
b) that effect is on ever since the very begining of ASB. That item wasn't ever changed. Check the old memory lane here for reference.

It is what it is because that is how it works ingame. In fact, ingame it is a liability, because it is ALWAYS consumed upon send out (think Trace or Download or Intimidate). Whereas if you allow picking when to activate (for example: to activate just before being hit by a move strong enough to break confusion) not only you will diminish the drawback of such a strong item, but also you will work against the risk-taking idea behind the item as a whole.

allow mc to cc conversion for pokemon with maxed movepools. its dumb to have to stockpile mc you cant use just because the timing of your claims didnt work out.

im too busy to explain or justify any more than this, when one of you inevitably disagrees i can post again later

feel free to have this not apply to mons like ditto, i really dont care

nightblitz42

I think I've mentioned this before here but can we make Eevee's Z Move Extreme Evoboost retain stat boosts after switching out or phazing like how Belly Drum works? Sending in Eevee with a Z-Stone is already silly, but it becomes flat-out unusable when something like Roar can completely invalidate the move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)