Avatar The Last Airbender: "Legend of Korra"

well, the movie kinda messed me up, so to know that the original creators and writers are doing it i'm happy, i wonder if the fire nation will be the bad guy again, seeing as she is from the water country, judging from her clothes, i'm thinking she's some sort of descendant of katara since she's water, but the avatars aren't supposed to be direct descendants and we all know aang married katara.

That looks very interesting. Of course Korra is a waterbender not just because of her clothes (blue clothes in that world? has to be waterbender) but also because of the order of avatars: water (Kuruk), earth (Kyoshi), fire (Roku), air (Aang) an now again water (Korra). I think earth could be the bad nation or there are new airbenders who want a revenge ( this would make sense, Roku was a firebender and fire was the bad nation. Then was Aang as an airbender avatar, so air could be the bad nation). But maybe the things are more different. If it would be just a bit different it would be very boring.

It says rebellious, so maybe a rogue Avatar? That'd be interesting! I'm glad there's a spin-off, I was so mad when The Last Airbender ended (and when the movie came out <_<).

This'll be good to wash out the nasty taste Shamalamalama's movie left in my mouth. How the hell could he possibly mess that up with everything written and 150 million dollars to help him out....

It's meant to target a female audience alongside male so I wouldn't get too excited about an epic story or the like. The brief description seems to imply a lack of larger conflict that she'll be involved in (though one may arise later). Predicting that the show will start out with her daily endeavors just screwing around. I have a feeling she's going to be delinquent that neglects training , prefers fun, doesn't want the responsibility, etc.

It's meant to target a female audience alongside male so I wouldn't get too excited about an epic story or the like. The brief description seems to imply a lack of larger conflict that she'll be involved in (though one may arise later). Predicting that the show will start out with her daily endeavors just screwing around. I have a feeling she's going to be delinquent that neglects training , prefers fun, doesn't want the responsibility, etc.
Lack of info in way dictates how good or bad the plot will be. The plot of a series is always kept secret.

Larger female audience also doesn't = worse show. Its obvious from the body structure that she isn't some girly girl princess.

Even Aang seems more like a girl than this one. Aang seemed to be all touchy feely and caring all about feelings(hell, he didn't want to kill the fire lord >.>), this Korro doesn't look like the girl that would be that kind.

All the known info compiled by a friend:

- New series has the working title of 'Legend of Korra'
- Series will premier on Nick in 2011
- Series will be animated
- Created by Mike and Bryan
- Might be a mini series?
- Promotional image
- Main character is teenage girl Avatar from Southern Water Tribe named Korra who is "hotheaded, inprdependent and ready to take on the world." Also she is "passionate, rebellious, and fearless."
- Takes place 70 years after A:TLA
- Korra has learned earth, water, and fire but needs to learn air
- Plot summary: "Korra’s quest eventually leads her to Republic City–the epicenter of the world of “Avatar.” A metropolis powered by steampunk-type technology, the city is inhabited by people from all nations. Korra finds that Republic City suffers from rampant crime and is also dealing with an anti-bender revolt. Korra is tutored by Aang’s son, Tenzin, is the ways of airbending."
- Aang is dead (duh)
- Bryan: " That was another new thing we wanted to do is root it in one big complex location but mainly one place."
- Mike: "I don’t want to give anything away, but rest assured there’s a definite link between the old series and this one."
- Bryan: "It’s fair to say we’re dealing with some sophisticated things and the show is growing up a bit. "
- Tenzin is the son of Aang and Katara
That being said, I think that this new City will be a city founded by Aang and Zuko as a place where all peoples are able to live in harmony.

I wonder how the side-characters are going to be, if they even exist...

And already knowing 3/4 elements? I can't see this going past the first season, 2 seasons may be doable, but 3 episodes seems insane. That is assuming that there isn't some kind of plot twist that could elongate the series. Like each nation having their own mini "Fire Lord" that she has to beat or something.

Toph was pretty young in the series too, being 80-ish, there is still a chance she can still be alive, or even sokka or katara. I doubt they'd be main characters though, probably just cameos and thats it.

Zuko could also reappear, as he was 16 during the original show; he would be 86 in this one. I also hope this isn't a mini-series.

The movie was trash and made me lose all my previous enjoyment for the not-too-bad show. If the kid from my neighborhood played Kid Zuko, you know its not gonna be good. Hopefully this will get it back on track.

I wonder how the side-characters are going to be, if they even exist... And already knowing 3/4 elements? I can't see this going past the first season, 2 seasons may be doable, but 3 episodes seems insane. That is assuming that there isn't some kind of plot twist that could elongate the series. Like each nation having their own mini "Fire Lord" that she has to beat or something. Toph was pretty young in the series too, being 80-ish, there is still a chance she can still be alive, or even sokka or katara. I doubt they'd be main characters though, probably just cameos and thats it.
This thing can easily surpass 1 season as the last Airbender (hehe) was her father, and he's dead. I wouldn't be surprised if they spent the whole first season trying to find one.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
No, the last airbender was Tenzin's father and Tenzin can air bend.

The thing is, finding three different bending masters was how the plot of the first show was driven. They need to find a different plot device or this show will be stale. I am confident they can come up with something.

No, the last airbender was Tenzin's father and Tenzin can air bend.

The thing is, finding three different bending masters was how the plot of the first show was driven. They need to find a different plot device or this show will be stale. I am confident they can come up with something.
Oops, remembered it wrong lol. I knew something I said didn't make sense.

Wow, I just finished watching the series about a weeka ago and this comes up.

(Hoping for a Toph cameo).

Questions:
-How many airbenders are there now? Have they re-established themselves as a tribe/race?
-Who built Republic City - Zuko? Aang? Zuko's Mother?
-WTF happened to Zuko's mother?
-How did Aang die?

I think there aren't so many airbenders now, because there are "just" 70
years. For a new tribe of airbenders aang and katara had to get many
children ^^
Maybe Anng was either killed by the anti-bender revolt or he was simply too
old. There were not many very old people.

I doubt that Aang's death is all that tragic, maybe not even relevant. He dies around the age of 82.
Is that age canon in any way, or speculative? Any way, I seriously wouldn't mind seeing an adult/experienced Aang making a cameo in this show; we all know that something like this would be extremely bad a$$; what with the supposed Spirit World pseudo-setting, I would be surprised NOT to see Aang making a cameo of some sort.

I was always very hopeful that the world of A:TLA would be revisited, and glad to hear about this. It's a bugger that Korra already knows her opposite element though (earth). Such great potential for development when you have to face that kind of weakness.

EDIT: Wow, I feel dumb. Yeah, still had the mindset of Aang and his airbending.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Actually, that's entirely wrong. I wasn't taking into account Korra's age. So he'd have died around 64-70.

Midou, Korra's opposite element would be fire.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
hunh, I thought the opposite element of Water was Fire, but yeah she already knows it as well.

Waiting eagerly for this!

<HD_AFK> HOLY FUCK AVATAR IS COMING BACK

this expresses my thoughts exactly

Femme-fatal main character, possible that this group may be a duo/trio. tenzin probably will travel with Korra, and possibly a male love interest? or depending on when tenzin was born, he might be the love interest (doubt it).

My biggest question is how will they travel around? aang had appa, a flying bison, who was the last of his species iirc. maybe the rooster thing zuko and iroh rode during season 3. however, for the steam punk design of Republic City, we mights ee what progressed the War Balloon.

As a big fan of Avatar I can't wait for this season to start. I feel that most people who are wary of it are only thinking "oh the first series was great how can they top that?" I just want a new season with a new change of pace which seems to be happening in this one. Honestly, I could care less if Zuko, Katara, Sokka or anyone else in the series appears even though they were great characters. I'm looking forward to new characters such as Tenzin and new locations like Republic City. I kind of like that she only has one more element to learn. Already knowing earth, water, and fire could provide for some exciting episodes consistently even though she already knows her opposite element. The antagonists being anti-benders is kinda cool because we will be able to see some groups shown in different light such as fire-benders being the good guys. All in all I can't wait for this new season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)