Badge Project

Sarenji

leaf-faced
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Quickie:

EDIT: I don't like the background of my badge, so made a couple new ones:

The real artists here can make a much better badge than I can!

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Also, it doesn't have to be just a checkmark... if you have something more creative that gets across the "voting" idea then go for it.

Also, it doesn't have to be just a checkmark... if you have something more creative that gets across the "voting" idea then go for it.

When I read this, I thought of someone smiling saying "I voted", so I did a smilie face with a "check" as its mouth".

Both could be altered a bit, and I can make more ideas.

EDIT: Edited the first badge a bit and recolored it with green

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The checkmark is a great idea. Sarenji, I like your draft. Make the color a little brighter. Maybe use a shade of green? Not many existing badges have green (Researcher, SOp), and a green check has a connotation of "OK" or "Yes" -- which is lively and affirmative. The visual antonym of a green check would be a red "X".

Pretty much just a basic blue tick. On another I tried to do kind of a tick in a "S" shape for suspect, but it didn't work like I wanted it to, looked lame. :(

/edit: Tick in other colours;

and

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
beep boop i made another, i made it a tad more vibrant, old is on left:

Jumpman16

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i agree, i think maybe we should be shooting for some kind of outline. ingame they are obviously in a "badge case" (i just checked) where they fit neatly into the spots molded for them but...i dont see why we can't do something similar on the forum...

I personally like it as a feather badge like it is right now.

Though so far Sarenji's is pretty cool looking, and the one Jump just posted is nice too.

Jumpman16

as i said on irc it may be because you such a decorated stud. here's life with a toned-down aeolus:

honestly think it will look great for literally most of our users, who will only have 1-4 badges. what do you guys think

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Keep the outline, it looks better in my opinion. And that is a sick little feather badge. I'm digging it. ^_^

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm agreeing that the outline should be kept. It makes it look much more organized. Even for people who only have 1-4 badges, it doesn't improve the appearance by a lot.

Jumpman16

maybe that's because this isn't a real badge...don't worry about that part

I'm confused. Aren't the "badges" supposed to reflect actual badges? If so, this one is the oddball of the bunch
True. Can't we come up with something that's not related to the check mark or voting thing?

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeh, I agree in making this badge represent an actual badge from the Game / Anime; so here's my attempt.

The Knuckle Badge: It's designed like a Boxing Glove, which obviously represents some form of commitment and competing, which can relate to the Suspect Testing for people who are willing to put the effort in to play many matches and keep a high rating. As well as this, it 'kind of' represents my other idea. After Aeolus showed the 'tick' or 'check', I thought of a 'thumbs up' style badge which has the same effect. But I wanted to keep the in-game badge theme going. This works well as the orange part is obviously the thumb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)