CAP 11 CAP 11 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
FINAL SUBMISSION:

Jeetkundol

Let's infuse this design with Bruce Lee's spirit and create the ultimate fighting machine...!

Ideas:
Pinduel (Pin + Duel (Dual in french))
Painduel (Pain + Duel (Dual in french))
Duelpin (Duel (Dual in french) + Pin, it may also mean a duel with pins)
Dolphin (Dolor = Pain in Spanish + Pin, with an extra h to add feeling to the name)

One thing that helps me is thinking "wild pokémon's name appears!
This way, i hear if it sounds right in pokémon

To me, i like Voodoom,Voojitsu and my own Voothless, as to me, they just sound right

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
FINAL SUBMISSION

Recompin, a portmanteau of the words recompense and pin. Simple enough, but I think it has a certian ring to it.

Here's a couple:
Ruineedle (Ruin + Needle)
Prievil (Prick* + Evil)

*Prick as in the pricking feeling from being poked by a needle of course. Not the other meaning ^_^'

Oh, yeah.
Final Submission:
Prievil

Because the heart shaped patch seems like an important part of the design, I think something like Thumpatch would be good.

Thump because of the fighting type. I'm not sure that it's the right word, though. I'm going to look for different words that ends in p and suggest fighting type.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I love Voodoom and its a fitting name. However an alternative that is more fighting is Voobruiser/Voobroozer, a fairly simple combination of Voodoo and Bruiser.

As far as I'm concerned, this poll is just a formality. Doug's working name Voodoom fits the pokemon perfectly. It sounds like a real, great pokemon name, and it just rolls off the tongue so well.

I sort of don't like Voodoom, because it sounds a bit too much like Houndoom. On the other hand, I'm having trouble thinking of anything better, so perhaps I'm just being overly picky.

Voojitsu is pretty good, too.

Final Submittion

Pindoll, as it means "Pin" as in it has pins and "doll" as it is a doll. A simple little name that gives the person hearing the name a direct insight as to what it actually looks like.

EDIT: It makes a cool little thing how Pindoll is Togekiss's little doll that it controls to help it out in battle.

Final submission: Evilcise

A combination of the words "evil" and the latin suffix "cise", which means to cut or pierce. This makes sense. Black Magic is in a way "evil" and the pin through the heart can cut or pierce something one way or another. Simple and isn't overdone.

Yeah, Voodoom beats everything anyone could possibly think of. It's just that good.
  • Do not post "Name is cool" or "I like name". Your post will be infracted and deleted. You need some reasoning behind it, such as why it sounds good. We aren't looking for a critical analysis, just a sentence or two.
Just throwing that out there.

On a side note, I don't really like Voodoom, Dukurai and Umbrawl because they sound too much like Houndoom, Darkrai and Umbreon, respectively.

I do like Voojitsu, as it really brings out the Fighting-type in CAP11. I'm surprised to see that quite a few names, Voodoom included, favor CAP11's secondary Dark-type rather than its primary Fighting-type.

Voodude or Voodood.
Pronounced like it looks.

Reasoning: It is a voodoo doll and it looks like a pretty cool guy. Definitely cooler than Geodude.

I am going to sumbit the name Voodenstein

Voodoo + Frankenstein. "voodoom" looks just like Frankenstein and it is mentioned that he evolves in a very similar way that Frankenstein was created.

I do like voodoom but I think Voodenstein captures the pokemon much more.

As much as Voodoom may fit, perhaps one might reconsider its spelling to avoid having so many damn o's in the thing. I don't know, it annoys me. Vudoom would look a lot nicer to me. Also I like names with an even number of letters in them (don't judge me.)

As a real submission, I'm going to go with Vudugete (voo-doo-gay-tay)

Spanish is a fun language to choose from, as Latin America's history of Mayan, Incan and Aztec rituals is not completely different than the concept of voodoo. "Voodoo" in Spanish is Vudú, and "toy" in Spanish is Juguete. The spelling merges together in a fasion like Vuduguete, but I considered that a silent 'u' like this is not really appropriate for a pokemon name. Removing it makes it sound more like something a Japanese person would come up with (although there aren't necessarily "vu" and "du" in standard pronunciations blah blah).

I'm okay with Voodoom as it is though, really.

Alpindoo Voopin Voodboo Darkdoo Pineedle Neepain Paineedle Aredpain Voochop Voocide Suidoo Pindoo Pineart Heapin Vooheart Boond Fisdle Neest Voodle Kiin Kin Pick?

So much ideas.... None is better than Voodoom.

I have an idea I rather like.
Final Submission

Masochre. [MAS-eh-kur] It's a corruption of Massacre with the letters from Masochism. Masochism means pleasure received from pain or punishment, which fits a living voodoo doll perfectly. It sticks itself with needles and it likes it. Massacre because it's powerful, but darker than just slapping the word "king" or "mega" on it somewhere.

Also I love reachzero's Pinloas.

I am fully behind the name Voodoom.
It sounds awesome, and fits the pokemon nicely. Ironic, however that the favorite name was also made by the winner of the art submissions. Good one on ya, mate.

Some great ideas, voodoom my favorite so far.

Little idea i've had is

Clayvooli

Came from cas clay/ali, and the voodoo doll,sure you can see where they fit in lol, any thoughts?

FINAL SUBMISSION:

Pincrushen

Pronunciation: Pin-krushin
Origin: Pincushion + Crush. Pincushions are routinely stabbed with pins, like CAP11 has endured by the time it evolves, and "Crush" adds fighting flavour with a somewhat dark connotation.

------------------------------------------

Looking back, I like Voojitsu, it combines martial arts and black magic in a really obvious way and flows.

Stitchit and Fistuff are nice, referencing two features of CAP11 that haven't been touched upon yet by other authors, who are focusing more on pin, needle, and voodoo. I think stitchface makes CAP 11 seem more like a cursed outcast than stitchit does, almost as if it has an ominous, derogatory nickname others call it that stuck.

I was thinking of Muayneca. From Muay Thai and Muñeca which is Spanish for doll. CAP11 is kind of chunky to be a nak muay, though.

Also, Sackboy for the LOLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)