Gallade

So Gallade is officially UU. I'm gonna test the bulk up set in this tier once I get the chance. Looking at the UU threats, I can't see much of a reason to drop ice punch.
Bah. At least I did my part.

At least he's still viable in OU, so my analysis on him won't go to waste.

I wonder if I'll be able to write his UU analysis too...

i'm not sure if it would grant immunity from Taunt, since Taunt doesn't inflict damage. granted, i might be wrong, but that's just my thought
He posted that in early October; nobody knew anything about many of the game mechanics (i.e. People thought Thunder Wave hit Ground types because of a popular rumor).

Bah. At least I did my part.

At least he's still viable in OU, so my analysis on him won't go to waste.

I wonder if I'll be able to write his UU analysis too...
Thanks to your analysis I've been using Gallade to great success. Gallade has always been one of my favorite pokemon.

Best partner: Ninjask @ lefties.
- Substitute.
- Baton Pass.
- Swords Dance.
- Protect / X - Scissors.

I've tried this with Focus Punch Lade and he kicks ass.

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut / Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Bulk Up

Best gallade set. Drain Punch is very powerful at +1 and will heal a ton of damage. The key is hitting hard. Zean Headbutt's initial power can OHKO Machamp and Tentacruel

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut / Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Bulk Up

Best gallade set. Drain Punch is very powerful at +1 and will heal a ton of damage. The key is hitting hard. Zean Headbutt's initial power can OHKO Machamp and Tentacruel
Would Careful be a better nature and Leftovers the better item to take advantage of Gallade's 115 Special Defense? Of course, you'll have to move some EVs into HP if you go that way.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Despite psychic being good STAB this gen, I find myself avoiding psychic attacks on Gallade due to what switches in on him alone. Magic Coat>Psychic Attacks when the likes of Skarmory show up. Zen Headbutt helps against Tentacruel I suppose. For the likes of Altaria, you'll just use Ice Punch or Stone Edge. Growth Venusaur/Victreebel will kill you before you accomplish anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)