Golden Sun Dark Dawn

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
FUK permanently missable items

So is there still transferring over from the previous cart or not?

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
From what I know of MrE, no.

Also, I agree with everyone that the game felt too easy. I guess they didn't really try to make it challenging, but the only time I stumbled was the final boss. Ffs there's a Youtube Video of some dude downing Dullahan in 4 turns.

Tl;dr summons are broken.

FUK permanently missable items

So is there still transferring over from the previous cart or not?
meh, most of the PM items are crap anyway. It's the Djinni you should be worried about >.>

and no transfers sadly

Side note: I leveled up all my characters to lvl 99 today. :D

The game was to easy because the enemies gave way to much exp. The soldiers just before the final boss can give 50k+ exp which is insane. Also there's no transferring because it's the descendants of the original 8

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The game was to easy because the enemies gave way to much exp. The soldiers just before the final boss can give 50k+ exp which is insane. Also there's no transferring because it's the descendants of the original 8
Nah, that usually isn't a bad thing, or at least it can't be a bad thing. The problems are:

- Easy Summon Spamming. Really, the game becomes a complete joke with this, especially with reason #2.
- Enemies don't do enough damage. Even the bosses are pretty pathetic. Blados and Chalis barely did damage to units with decent durability. It was a pathetic sight to see. They had status to back themselves up, but it wasn't enough. Punishment barely was a Punishment.

Nah, that usually isn't a bad thing, or at least it can't be a bad thing. The problems are:

- Easy Summon Spamming. Really, the game becomes a complete joke with this, especially with reason #2.
- Enemies don't do enough damage. Even the bosses are pretty pathetic. Blados and Chalis barely did damage to units with decent durability. It was a pathetic sight to see. They had status to back themselves up, but it wasn't enough. Punishment barely was a Punishment.

This isn't the problem so much as the fact that the general strategy of the games creators to increase difficulty was to give bosses tons of HP with less than exceptional damage output, I guess because they couldn't have bosses that were virtually guaranteed an early kill without making them quite easy to beat down.

I barely ever used Summon spamming. The inconvenience of having to turn all the Djinn off/on one-by-one instead of just going R-hold-select meant I was loathe to use Djinn at all.

Most of my games were spent just using Impact/High Impact, and the single-target synergy spells like Liquifier, Odyssey, Psynergy Crash, Diamond Dust, etc.

I just got up to the final dungeon and unlocked the Sol Blade, then went back to complete the last three non-postgame dungeons to get the Summon Tablets for them. I've got all but Azul now. I'm at 23 hours. I'd estimate another 1-2 hours before completing the main game, then Crossbones Island and save-resetting to get forged equipment and other item drops. Damn the lack of RNG.

EDIT: Also, I found the summon strength curve was much weaker early on, until you get to the 4-djinn summons which were significantly more powerful.

EDIT: Just beat the final boss. Difficulty was much higher than the rest of the game, but still not taxing.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I just beat Dullahan and completed all of the post game dungeons. The entire game was ridiculously easy. Aside from Dullahan I don't think I used summons the entire game. I didn't use Psynergy in-battle at all during the regular portion of the game. I got through the entire thing by just spamming normal attacks. The only Psynergy I really used post-game was Matthew and Harumani spamming Pure Wish. The dungeons weren't challenging at all. I collected all 72 Djinni, got all the summons, and opened all the treasure chests. Playtime was only about 25 hours when I beat Dullahan so the game was pretty short as well.

All in all, I was really disappointed with Dark Dawn when comparing it to GS1 or 2.

I have only one grind weapon left to collect (Anspi Knuckles). In getting the Tisiphone Edge and the Vajra Mace, and the other grinding so far to get the Knuckles, my entire party has grown nearly 20 levels each, over the last 12 hours of gameplay.

Finally got all the weapons I need (though I got 7 L rules in the process of getting my 4 T edges lol)

working on armor now .-.

Edit: got everything I need
Done game officially :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)